Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meditation Groups

Options
  • 21-09-2010 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi i'm wondering does anyone know of any meditation groups for beginers taking place in and around the Nenagh area?... Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭PapaBooje

Hi, I know it's a quite old post, but wondering, have you found the answer? Living in Limerick and looking for a group of genuine people just meeting together to share the happiness, without necessity of paying 75 quid for a lecture oferred by so-called Irish "meditation centres"..

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Easog

I've been looking for an informal type of meditation group too. Just a few people who want to connect with themselves.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭mccoist

im attending RIGPA buddhist center in limerickk to night
    they run meditation group for beginners

look up RIGPA in limerick

Thanks for your replies.

@mccoist - I did come across Rigpa, but on their website (http://www.rigpa.ie/lang-en/find-your-centre/local-centres-ireland/limerick.html) they say just about lunch time drop-ins on Mondays and Wednesday (appart from damn expensive courses). You are going now, on Friday, this part is not advertised.. Do you mind droping few more words about that? Sounds like a good idea, too bad found out so late I won't make it today..

@easog - let's keep looking, please share your knowledge in you'll find anything:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

http://www.open-your-heart.org.uk/meditation_groups.do#now-here

This is a group I'm involved with every thursday night, it was wednesdays, yet now Thursdays.

i attended thurs night
    very pleased

@padma, thanks a lot, I'll definitely try this place, it could be something what I was looking for!

@mccoist, of course, yesterday was Thursday not Friday, sorry and thanks:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

:) It's done by donation, Also you can try some of the meditation recordings on that site. Give the contact Ger a call next week, he is currently away, or pm me for any details on location, queries etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Easog

Thanks to everyone for the info. It's been very helpful.:)

• Advertisement

check out
    on religion and spirituality
    buddism or ten spiritual blogs

would be pleased to say hello

joy of shift work..

i am the one from nenagh lol
    maybe we have met already