Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"edit" post icon led to new website

Options
  • 21-09-2010 9:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭

Weirdest thing- was posting in the "Gnome Home" social group - clicked on the "edit" icon to edit a post on the "last to post wins" thread- first time I clicked on it, it brought me to Sky.com......second time it brought me to some site other site....clicked on it now and it's fine....not sure if this makes any sense to you...thought I'd let you know...
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Sure it wasn't someone's sig which has the same icon as a linked image?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

I don't believe Signatures of users show up on this particular social group- I think it needs to be a forum in order to do that, or at least on the way I view it, it's only forums where sigs show....

.I definitely clicked on the "edit" icon...and definitely clicked on it on two separate occasions- on the 3rd occasion it worked as normal and led me to the edit post section- it was my "own" post- therefore I wasn't near anyone else's post at the time- nor were there any adds around...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

sigs aren't viewable in the Gnome Home or social groups afaik.

cicero, it may be that you clicked one of the ads at the top of boards. i know that sky is among them, so when you clicked edit, you may have clicked it again on the ad at the top while the "Edit" page was loading and brought you to sky.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I've had something similair when editing a posts in the Cathy Gannon and Silvestre De Sousa thread in the Gambling Challanges and Logs board.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1278

Don't ask me where they took me I cant recall, but I noticed that if I moved the link up the page by scolling it would stop. Very odd anomaly.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Very odd behavior.
    Have recent malware/adware scans been run on your PC's ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

Yes Sparky
    - might just have been something like inadvertently dragging an add down by the mouse and then clicking on "edit" or else there was some type of lag between page loading and me clicking on the icon..hasn't happened since.

Advertisement