Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bentley = Flop/Disgrace

Options
  • 21-09-2010 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭

Has he been our most expensive ever flop ?
    He has done next to nothing since signing.
    He has been an absolute disgrace tonight, not trying a leg.
    He should never wear the Spurs jersey again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Has he been our most expensive ever flop ?
    He has done next to nothing since signing.
    He has been an absolute disgrace tonight, not trying a leg.
    He should never wear the Spurs jersey again.

Yes to all.

Went missing for long periods of the game especially in the 2nd half.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

how much was rebrov?

i used to really like bentley
    til he came to spurs. so so often he has failed to perform. think he had a little run around christmas where he was doing ok. long time ago that!

very disappointing tonight. doesnt he call himslef a spurs fan? to play like that against the arch rivals? i think lads on here would have done better than him tonight

keane=cock wrote: »
    how much was rebrov?

i used to really like bentley
    til he came to spurs. so so often he has failed to perform. think he had a little run around christmas where he was doing ok. long time ago that!

very disappointing tonight. doesnt he call himslef a spurs fan? to play like that against the arch rivals? i think lads on here would have done better than him tonight

Rebrov cost £11m

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

yiddo59 wrote: »
    Rebrov cost £11m

At least Rebrov ran around.
    Bentley didn't break sweat tonight against our rivals and his old club.

Cnut must be laughing when he looks at his bank balance every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭fabvinny

he is complete muck!!! and if man utd want to pay us 16 million for wilson,happy days,coz he has turned to ****e!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

Rebrov cost £11m

then yes:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

even at the start of the game last night, there was bentley standing in the centre circle with tatoos all the way up his arms, he even looked like an ape

i really think we should cut our losses on him and let him off for any ammount of money

mickman wrote: »
    i really think we should cut our losses on him and let him off for any ammount of money

We'd be lucky to get rid of him on loan. We paid a fortune for him, and he is on crazy money. And remember we signed him when we already had Lennon :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

Lets not all be wise after the event though, everyone thought he was a good signing at the time no matter who we had in the squad.

It hasn't worked out and now its time to move on. I reckon we'll swap him + cash for Pienaar in January

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

golfball37 wrote: »
    Lets not all be wise after the event though, everyone thought he was a good signing at the time no matter who we had in the squad.

It hasn't worked out and now its time to move on. I reckon we'll swap him + cash for Pienaar in January

piennar is out of contract next summer so no cash will be involved if we give a player id say

• Advertisement

golfball37 wrote: »

In fairness, it was widely regarded as a strange signing at the time. We had Lennon up and coming and were crying out for a left sided player, and we spend a fortune on another right sided player :rolleyes:

Anyway, that's all water under the bridge now. I have said enough about him, my feelings are well known.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭ohnoigotsick

lennon was piss poor before we signed bentley.

lennon was piss poor before we signed bentley.

Lennon had played over a hundred games for us before Bentley signed, so saying he was piss poor is silly. He was young with great potential who many expected to become a first team regular which he has.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭ohnoigotsick

Lennon had played over a hundred games for us before Bentley signed, so saying he was piss poor is silly. He was young with great potential who many expected to become a first team regular which he has.

ok he had potenital , but he wasn't setting the world on fire - when we signed bentley he started to deliver - a sort of rocket up his arse which he could do with now

a sort of rocket up his arse which he could do with now

I wont dis-agree with you there mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

He just seems too much of a messer.

I read an interview with Woodgate, who is not a shrinking violet and he said Bentley is just bannanas.

On the Arsenal game, it galled me the way he played and someone who really wants to play and adds value like Niko is sitting on the bench.

Pieenar wants to come to us, but there is noting to say Moyes will still be at Everton in January. Just cant see Everton score goals to keep him in the job, especially with a canditate like O Neill in the wings.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Give him a few games before ye all condemn him! I thought he had a great end to last season so perhaps there's still something left in him?

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

You would imagine that Harry told Bentley that the right wing position was up for grabs as Lennon is playing poor at the moment and to go out and put in a performace against Arsenal.
    You would imagine that Bentley would be fired up. He is a Spurs fan, he was playing against his old team, his old manager and he also had a chance to win a place in the Spurs team.
    What he proved in the Arsenal game is he doesn't care about anything only himself. I reckon actually having to play a game every now and then is a big inconvience for him.
    We don't have a reserve team and he won't get near the match day squad after that display so if the lads train 2 hours a day the most he will have to "work" is about 10-12 hours a week.

I will reiterate my stance.
    The fella is a joke and should never have been on the pitch tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

id give him to salthill devon on a free tbh

• Advertisement

BERBA wrote: »

I wouldn't do that to the poor salthill lads..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

my nan just called from her grave said she had her boots ready an shin guards to go on an do better than him in her skeletal state, prob wudda broke more of a sweat too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 LeGinWasGod

While Lennon is out, he is a very good replacement. He's played about 2 games all season so it's harsh to criticise him on his performance last night. Players need games to get up to speed when they've been out injured.

While Lennon is out, he is a very good replacement. He's played about 2 games all season so it's harsh to criticise him on his performance last night. Players need games to get up to speed when they've been out injured.

more like a very average replacement! and that's on a good day!

more like a very average replacement! and that's on a good day!

How? And who would you prefer to replace Lennon. Please don't say Kranjcar because he is crap at right mid.

Bentley hasn't played this season very much, and for those who seem to have a short term memory, try to remember, when Lennon was out at the back end of last season, Bentley came in and did a very good job at right midfield. And we ended up finishing 4th.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

BERBA wrote: »

Yeah, we definitely dont want him!! Young Darrell Horgan has twice his work-rate (no joke).
    I am now in full agreement that we need to get rid of him. Was useless last night and showed no interest in the game whatsoever. Zero workrate, zero heart. We dont need him. If we get Pienaar for him oh how I would laugh!

How? And who would you prefer to replace Lennon. Please don't say Kranjcar because he is crap at right mid.

Bentley hasn't played this season very much, and for those who seem to have a short term memory, try to remember, when Lennon was out at the back end of last season, Bentley came in and did a very good job at right midfield. And we ended up finishing 4th.

Jenas would have done fine on the right no doubt.

Jenas would have done fine on the right no doubt.

Jenas is not a right midfielder though. He would have done no better than Bentley.

Jenas is not a right midfielder though. He would have done no better than Bentley.

He'd work harder and put in more effort.

• Advertisement

I'd play Jenas there. Not that he's all that but he'd be better than Bentley. In fairness Bentley wasn't bad back end of last season though I do think it's a bit of leap to credit his displays with our finishing 4th;) .

We should have jogged him on when his stock was "high" last summer.

Advertisement