Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone with trade in issue

Options
  • 21-09-2010 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭

Similar to this thread: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056036483

I bought a phone last week from Xtravision and got 20 euro off by giving in an old phone I had. The phone won't ring, the alarm doesn't work and a whole host of other issues.

When I go back I am assuming they will offer a repair although I would prefer a refund as the phone is difficult to text on but from the above thread it seems that they have the right to choose?

The other issue is should they be unable to repair the phone, and offer me a refund, will I be entitled to the phone back (not that they will still have it by then) but at least to the €20 they took off the price in return for the phone?

Cheers guys!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭bongi69

Have just gone through something similar with the OH. She got a new phone from Carphone Warehouse after trading in one for €30, so she paid 69.99 in cash (phone was 99.99).
    Long story short after a multitude of problems she filed a small claims case, and the NCA advised that you should claim the purchase price of the item, €99.99. They never replied so case was ruled in her favour, and she got the cheque last week.

The NCA did say that the store can offer your original phone back, but if they can't you can expect the full purchase price when it comes to a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Thanks a million.

Going to go into them tomorrow and see what they say

Advertisement