Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This one guy is an asshole - being led on!

• 21-09-2010 10:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Why do they do it?

Fancied a guy for ages. 5 or 6 years to be precise. Didn't do anything cause i worked with him but since i left the job a couple of weeks ago, i thought fk it il try it anyway.

Gave him my number and he was more than happy to give me his and he went to kiss me on the lips. :D

He rang me a couple of times and even asked me would my flatmates mind if he came into my room if he came to visit me. Wtf does all this mean?

Am i right to be mad at him since he's all talk and he's been ignoring my messages. Even had the neck to tell me the kiss was no big deal. Yes it was when he asked to come into my room.

What does he want? Sersiously i understand dogs more. And before anyone says women can be assholes too, yes i know they can. Maybe i should just become a lesbian?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

you have bad breath

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Chaotic_Forces

He rang me a couple of times and even asked me would my flatmates mind if he came into my room if he came to visit me. Wtf does all this mean?

S E X.
    He wants to "doink" you... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

he wanted the ride and you weren't giving it to him.
    now he's making sure you know he doesn't really give a fúck as that'd bruise his ego.

not rocket science woman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

You are one brave lady.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭strokemyclover

Maybe you should stop kissing assholes OP!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

It means he wants to ride ya. And perhaps have a relationship. But definitely a ride.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Your post does not contain enough info for us to judge both your and his actions.

1: Pics or GTFO.
    2: Pics of GTFO
    3: More info and stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

This is why women should remain in kitchens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

He tried to use you for sex. Get over it, and get over him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

SV wrote: »
    he wanted the ride and you weren't giving it to him.
    now he's making sure you know he doesn't really give a fúck as that'd bruise his ego.

not rocket science woman.

How can i give it to him when he wasn't coming for it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,033 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Maybe i should just become a lesbian?
    Or you could take this to the Relationship Issues forum, where you might folks more sympathetic.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Erica<3

Put simply - he wants his hole.

Some can of worms you've opened there OP..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Maybe i should just become a lesbian?

That's a bit unfair, I don't think you can just choose to become a lesbian.

Sexuality isn't a choice; the attitude in your post stinks btw, not attractive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

You didn't offer it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

This is disgusting SEXISM.

Im off to start a sh!tstorm of a thread.....

Why is boards so anti-men.
    :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Hard luck woman, hard luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I agree with what the guys are saying here. unfortunately this guy is a TWAT and just wanted to use you for sex. seems to happen quite a lot.

Maybe you should try lesbianism for a while. I've been considering it myself. Heck maybe myself and yourself should get together.... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

You're hoping he's on AH?;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

... he went to kiss me on the lips. :D
    ...and what, you stopped him, or he changed his mind or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Rabble Rabble

TheZohan wrote: »
    That's a bit unfair, I don't think you can just choose to become a lesbian.

Sexuality isn't a choice; the attitude in your post stinks btw, not attractive.

Um, It can be a choice. It is not always a choice. But it can be.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Why do they do it?

Fancied a guy for ages. 5 or 6 years to be precise. Didn't do anything cause i worked with him but since i left the job a couple of weeks ago, i thought fk it il try it anyway.

Gave him my number and he was more than happy to give me his and he went to kiss me on the lips. :D

Am i right to be mad at him since he's all talk and he's been ignoring my messages. Even had the neck to tell me the kiss was no big deal. Yes it was when he asked to come into my room.

What does he want? Sersiously i understand dogs more. And before anyone says women can be assholes too, yes i know they can.
    So this one guy is representative of "men"? And he's not an asshole for not wanting the same as you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SadieSue

Ouch, that's rough liking someone for years and finally finding out they are a complete waste of time!

OP, you probably pushed back too much so he moved on in his mind. I doubt if he is that much of a player if you fancied him for 5-6 years it sounds like you both were single for most of that. So he got your number, tried a kiss, tried to wrangle an invitation to your house, in fact your bed. None forthcoming so he gave up.

Girls have to move faster than they think.

galwayrush wrote: »
    You're hoping he's on AH?;)

Exactly

How to rape? Ask Larry Murphy or someone of his ilk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

He wants to know what love is -pause- & he wants you to show him...

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭marzic

Sersiously i understand dogs more

... you know dogs are after the same thing!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

Maybe he changed his mind and he doesn't know how to tell you? How many messages did you leave him? and over what period of time? If you started leaving a lot of messages in a short space of time it would put a lot of people off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,339 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

kylith wrote: »
    He tried to use you for sex.

She didn't use him for sex. Must be a lesbian. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 IMMA CHARGIN MAH LAZER

Terry wrote: »
    Your post does not contain enough info for us to judge both your and his actions.

1: Pics or GTFO.
    2: Pics of GTFO
    3: More info and stuff.

Agreed. Tosser tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Did you tell him you'd fancied him for ages? You might have freaked him out, he probably thought that if he went out with you you'd be planning a wedding within the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

He could be just stringing you along - Could be just boasting his ego while not really fancying you with potential of a drunking booty call when he wants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Why do they do it?

What does he want? Sersiously i understand dogs more. And before anyone says women can be assholes too, yes i know they can. Maybe i should just become a lesbian?

He wants to bang you. You want to bang him. Just have sex.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

Hard Luck Woman...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

You should sell this storyline to Hollyoaks...................

• Advertisement

So let me ask.

OP was this guy the "ugly" guy who worked with you. I assume not, since you admit to fancying him.

Also, extend your horizons. Work isnt a bad place to meet people, you know how they act under pressure, and how they get on with people, but it is limiting.

Why do they do it?

Was this the fella that you were meant to feed?

Was this the fella that you were meant to feed?

Well he can starve now. I wont even throw him a slice of toast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

This Dublin musician fella you might have seen on the telly once contacted me through a social networking site. I .. ahem .. reluctantly gave him my number. His first message was, I sh*t you not, "Do you live alone?"

Your guy sounds a lot like him.

Well he can starve now. I wont even throw him a slice of toast.

You won't really get an opportunity now will you? I'm sure he can probably make his own toast, most men can.

• Advertisement

This Dublin musician fella you might have seen on the telly once contacted me through a social networking site. I .. ahem .. reluctantly gave him my number. His first message was, I sh*t you not, "Do you live alone?"

Your guy sounds a lot like him.

That's Damo for ya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Why do they do it?

He wanted to get his ego boosted. You boosted it. Now he's moved on.

You fancied this guy for 5-6 years and you couldn't tell he was the kind of bloke that thinks a woman making the first move is a bit desperate?

I think it's most likely you had a fantasy version of him in your head. Turns out he's a d****k.

It coulda been worse.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    He wanted to get his ego boosted. You boosted it. Now he's moved on.

You fancied this guy for 5-6 years and you couldn't tell he was the kind of bloke that thinks a woman making the first move is a bit desperate?

I think it's most likely you had a fantasy version of him in your head. Turns out he's a d****k.

It coulda been worse.

Change the sexes and you'd have a Feedback thread for sexism in AH.

But as blokes we're used to it.

Quite a division in the female and male analysis of this story ( in fact i can tell who is female by the reaction).

As a male, I see a guy who tried it on with a kiss. Didnt work. Flirted a bit by mentioning a bedroom. Was clearly getting nowhere, however.

He is probably not obliged to become the OP's girlfriend, wife, or any other fantasy she has.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Why do they do it?

Read this much.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Why do they do it?
    Cos some can, because they're given the opportunity to do so.
    5 maybe 6 years?? Bit of a slow burner there. Even the slowest "dunno how women work" bloke probably spotted that one at some stage. Figured he was on a promise. Now in general if a guy spots the fancying thing goin on and doesn't respond chances are anything beyond a bit of hows yer father is unlikely. NOt 100%, but still...
    OK
    I want to be in the clear with all and sundry to get fumbly with you. Personally I wouldnt have given two hoots about the flatmates. Not my prob, but I am a bit of a c u next tuesday.
    He's not that pushed. The male equivalent of the woman who out of the blue two dates in comes out with the "I dunno about this".
    What does he want?
    What anyone wants, someone they fancy rotten and like as people. No reflection on you, it is what it is. You win some you lose some. Move on and dont wait 6 years next time.

Oh yea and pics or GTFO. Well it is where it is.... :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Roro4Brit

I tried to read the op, but all I could process was blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah, bla bla bla bla bla, bla bla bla.......

Why the fuk must women over analyse everything? Can't they just stfu and get their tits out, that way everyone is happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

TheZohan wrote: »
    Change the sexes and you'd have a Feedback thread for sexism in AH.

But as blokes we're used to it.

Was in no way trying to imply that all guys behave like this. From what I could infer from the OP's post, IMO, this guy was just taking the piss.

I do not think that "men are assholes". I've been equally critical of women in other posts in relation to their behaviour towards boyfriends/exes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Worked with this bird for 5 years. Never paid that much attention to her, though she was always looking at me. Found it a bit weird, but didn't dwell on it too much.

Anyhow, I finished work a few weeks back & she's all over me at the leaving do - asks me for my phone number, tells me she'd fancied me for years & then goes in for the kiss. I was a bit p*ssed & just went for it.

Regretted it ever since. She's been texting me nearly every day since.

Why do they do it? Why are women such clingy bitches?

It was only a kiss. Rang her to try & explain this.

Thank f*ck I didn't ride her.

Sometimes I think it'd be easier to be gay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

Did you try making him a sandwich?

Maybe he intended on banging you and was working his way up to it but then some other opportunity came his way so he aborted the mission.

• Advertisement
Advertisement