Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This one guy is an asshole - being led on!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

Can someone post that women are 'snakes with tits' without fear of sanction?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Title amended from
    "Men are assholes - being led on!"
    to
    "This one guy is an asshole - being led on!"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

biko wrote: »
    Title amended from
    to

Hooray!

OP is a troll anyway.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Can someone post that women are 'snakes with tits' without fear of sanction?

In a thread where it was proclaimed "men are assholes" technically he's just posting within the parameters already established, as eye- rolly as both statements are.

Some people are assholes. Some of them pee standing up, some of them pee sitting down, and I bet some try it the other way around sometimes to see if it's more fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,986 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I think we're getting off the point.

Taste his piss OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

In a thread where it was proclaimed "men are assholes" technically he's just posting within the parameters already established, as eye- rolly as both statements are.

Some people are assholes. Some of them pee standing up, some of them pee sitting down, and I bet some try it the other way around sometimes to see if it's more fun.

I would'nt pee on the asshole if he/she were on fire!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

biko wrote: »
    Title amended from
    to

so this is what AH has come to?

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭KylieWyley

Any girly tips on how to forget about someone?

I liked this guy who turned out to be an asshole. But i cant get him out of my mind.

So far im treating myself this weekend to a new haircut and i always wanted a tattoo so thats on the list for this weekend too.

Would love a big tub of ice cream.

Lay off the OP, she's just feeling a little emotional right now :rolleyes:

Gotta love the wonderful associations that tattoo will forever have!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

Some pee left handed.

NEVER FORGET!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Best tip for forgetting about someone is to sit back and thank your lucky stars nothing went beyond a kiss and he didn't mess with your head for months just for kicks. If he's too childish not to manage a "let's just be friends ok?" he isn't worth the hassle. Also fair play for being brave enough to try your luck. Just dust yourself off for next time now.

Maybe sit back and look at your own part in this. I think in Ireland we all have to grow up and realise that one kiss is not a commitment or a cosmic bond between two people. If it had been several occasions it would be easier mistake his intentions as wanting something more serious. One kiss really means little more than at a given second he thought it would be a good idea. We are all entitled to change our mind for whatever reason. It's not necessarily you,maybe he's pining for someone else or not looking for a relationship.
    Other than being rude about your efforts to contact him he hasn't done anything too wrong. Some you win and some you lose. It happens to all of us. Everyone who isn't interested isn't an asshole.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Dudess wrote: »
    Oh ffs, look at my post from the start...

"Oh ffs" .. look at the 'thanks' on your post, you'll see my username from the time.
    liah wrote: »
    Not an eye-lid is batted? There's guys in here complaining in the exact same fashion as women would if there was an equivalent thread and women standing up for men.

I was referring to the fact that the thread is still open, I was one of the ones who replied to the thread and as you can see, I had no objection to the negative generalization at the time and still don't.

I think both sexes should be allowed to make 'social commentary' type critisims of the opposite sex if they wish - as long as it is not abusive remarks such as:

'Men are all dogs' and 'Women are all sluts' .. etc.

Dudess was the only woman that commented on the "Men are assholes" remark and I feel things would have been much different, had the thread of been:

"Women are bitches" ..

As one poster said:
    TheZohan wrote: »
    Change the sexes and you'd have a Feedback thread for sexism in AH.

I see the thread title has now been changed, cool - some balance.

However, as I say - I think both sexes should be able to make some negative generalizations about the other within reason and then we could all just easily refute the nonsense people spout. I mean - if what people say is so crazy and wrongheaded, then it should be pretty easy to make little of their arguments, right?
    Threads generalizing against men come around very, very rarely.

I've seen a proportionate amount of them on AH when the sex ratio is taken into account.
    Just want to say I don't agree with her generalization..

Then why not say that in you first post?

In the earlier thread today that was locked, loads of guys said that the OP's comments were wrong.

Seems to me, a hell of lot more guys will speak out on thread and have a go at the men who are posting sexist stuff about women than women will, when it is other women posting sexist clap trap.

As long as such thread titles are not accepted from just one sex and not the other - then all is well, I just want "equality" - that is all :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

lol so wait, some bloked you fancied for years, didnt fancy ya back, so hes an asshole? Sure all ya did was kiss!
    Maybe he was a nice bloke and kissed ya, then realised hes not that into you so has stopped "leading you on". I'm pretty sure you've got the correct message at this stage, so whats the problem? Were you expecting him to get down on one knee once u gave him your phone number? Would you rather he'd shagged ya then done a runner? Or maybe you woulda rathered he told ya that he doesnt like ya, even after 6 years of you following him around?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

has he even dropped the hand yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Pete and Liah, the two of you are as bad as each other with this stuff. Seeing sexism where there is none and trying to stir with "no, your side are worse" type comments and silly point scoring. The two of you should probably just hook up and get it over with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

Well he can starve now. I wont even throw him a slice of toast.
    Ah go on, let him dip his bikkie in your tea.
    Hah. :pac: It's a bit of a laugh to see more than a few men getting uppity and snarky about this, after all that moaning before about how if it happened to you you'd just ignore it.

Ah, ironing. Better get back to it.
    My mother, while taking clothes from the dryer, stirring the pot of soup on the hob and mopping a spill with a cloth on her left foot, just asked me to wash the dishes. There I was thinkin' ye could multi-task better than us!
    Well, after our feedback thread where you and many others made it blatantly obvious that men don't care about all these things and us women were just being ridiculous I thought you didn't mind.

Strange definition of "equality" indeed.
    They're allowed care every now and then. Some call it the man-period. Why do you think menstruation begins with men? We invented bítch fits and stroppy moods and sex bans. :D
    JaxxYChicK wrote: »
    Hooray!

OP is a troll anyway.
    So that's why she's not gettin' any!

strobe wrote: »
    Pete and Liah, the two of you are as bad as each other with this stuff.

I know you are just trying to lighten the mood, but I have not called for sexist posts or threads about men in After Hours be deleted , let alone started a Feedback thread suggesting it.

I will however point out where similar posts and similar threads about men have been tolerated in response to the women who complain sexism at the drop of a hat, but that is in an effort to make a point - if I had an issue with those posts purely on a sexist level, I would have reported them.

If threads are left open that are somewhat sexist towards men, then so should the threads that are somewhat sexist towards women.

Course, I'm just a misogynistic woman hater, so don't mind me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

HardLuckWoman - ffs.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Can the thread title be changed to "One person may or may not be an asshole"?

maby change thread to "we all act like an asshole sometimes"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

hondasam wrote: »
    maby change thread to "we all act like an asshole sometimes"

I'd prefer " why can't we all just get along".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

OutlawPete wrote: »
    "Oh ffs" .. look at the 'thanks' on your post, you'll see my username from the time.
    But you said:
    Yet, here we have a 'Men are assholes' thread and not an eye-lid batted by those that would if the sexes were reversed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭ddef

ride him til yer tumor bleeds.

Dudess wrote: »
    But you said:

Are you are one of those that would not bat an eyelid if the sexes were reversed?

No .. as you did on this thread and have done before.

So why the "Oh ffs" .. and alerting me to your post, a post I had thanked on seeing it first time around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Jesus Christ it's an online messageboard, why must sexism even exist here.

One man is not the collective of the whole sex.

One woman is not the collective of the whole sex.

So what if one man is an asshóle, or one woman can't parallel park, why must people base a whole gender on one encounter.

We're all adults, so don't we all act like it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Maybe you should stop kissing assholes OP!

Maybe this is what he is grooming you for!

• Advertisement

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    So what if one man is an asshóle ..

Exactly and so what if one woman thinks we are all assholes (I know she doesn't) but so what if she did.

I have zero problem with what the OP said, just wish men could say similar about women and if they can't, well THEN I think women shouldn't be able to either.

Good for the goose and all that ..
    DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    .. or one woman can't parallel park ..

Oh, I stayed well out of that one :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Exactly and so what if one woman thinks we are all assholes (I know she doesn't) but so what if she did.

I have zero problem with what the OP said, just wish men could say similar about women and if they can't, well THEN I think women shouldn't be able to either.

Good for the goose and all that ..

Oh, I stayed well out of that one :p
    I know what you're saying, and while I agree if it's good for one it should good be the other, I honestly think a harder approach should be taken on this topic.

In the end, all it will do, is seperate everyone, the women will stay in TLL, and the fellas will stay in TGC.

What needs to happen is people need to grow up and get over the "he said, she said" shít and the mods need to just start handing out warnings and bans to any sexism, from either side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I've seen a proportionate amount of them on AH when the sex ratio is taken into account.

Seems to me, a hell of lot more guys will speak out on thread and have a go at the men who are posting sexist stuff about women than women will, when it is other women posting sexist clap trap.

The first quote probably affects the second tbh.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Can the thread title be changed to "One person may or may not be an asshole"?

"Someone of undisclosed gender, somewhere, may or may not be an asshole."

All we need then is a "terms&conditions apply" :D

and I bet some try it the other way around sometimes to see if it's more fun.

Like A.C. Slater? Just make sure the door is locked if you're gonna try that one. Very hard to explain what exactly you were doing...or so I've heard...:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Well that was a waste of 5 minutes reading this thread.

Was hoping the OP wrote up something more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

KylieWyley wrote: »
    Lay off the OP, she's just feeling a little emotional right now :rolleyes:

Gotta love the wonderful associations that tattoo will forever have!

Agreed, what she needs is a dildo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 949 ✭✭✭maxxie

he wants to fish hook ya and stick it in your bum..

I presume :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

You should buy him a bag of sugar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Dr_Phil

Why do they do it?

Fancied a guy for ages. 5 or 6 years to be precise. Didn't do anything cause i worked with him but since i left the job a couple of weeks ago, i thought fk it il try it anyway.

Gave him my number and he was more than happy to give me his and he went to kiss me on the lips. :D

He rang me a couple of times and even asked me would my flatmates mind if he came into my room if he came to visit me. Wtf does all this mean?

Am i right to be mad at him since he's all talk and he's been ignoring my messages. Even had the neck to tell me the kiss was no big deal. Yes it was when he asked to come into my room.

What does he want? Sersiously i understand dogs more. And before anyone says women can be assholes too, yes i know they can. Maybe i should just become a lesbian?
    Maybe you weren't enthusiastic enough - or made that impression? Some lads (including myself) don't like to be pushing girls all the time without them girls being more or less involved and proactive. It's just boring and after a couple of tries they give up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Think we were on different pages. He wanted a ride and fck off after. And well myself wanted more. :( Ah well, he's not the guy i thought he was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

SV wrote: »
    he wanted the ride and you weren't giving it to him.
    now he's making sure you know he doesn't really give a fúck as that'd bruise his ego.

not rocket science woman.
    How can i give it to him when he wasn't coming for it?
    Think we were on different pages. He wanted a ride and fck off after. And well myself wanted more. :( Ah well, he's not the guy i thought he was.

I think you're editing the "page" to suit yourself, don't insult the intelligence of the AH posters.

I hate men

Simple misunderstanding - how could he know that you are not one of those who enjoy a free ride? It's nothing bad to have sex for a bit of pleasure, but if you have plans to marry the fella and have kids and joined mortgage and all this.. well, you should've attached that info to the mobile number you gave to the poor lad.

No one's fault, just misunderstanding.

I hate men

I bet many men hate you too... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

TheZohan wrote: »
    I think you're editing the "page" to suit yourself, don't insult the intelligence of the AH posters.

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

lol

Post reported...

Think we were on different pages. Hewanted a ride and fck off after. And well myself wanted more. :( Ah well, he's not the guy i thought he was.

All this male versus female crap because the OP had fancied said male for five / six years but never did anything until she left her job. The reason he probably never tried it on with her before is simple, he did not want to.

OP if you think a female will treat you better than go for it but dont think just because she is the same sex as you that she wont be an asshole to. Im sure you are not the girl he thought you were either. If you wanted more you would have left the job years ago if that was the reason ye could not get together.

Dr_Phil wrote: »
    I bet many men hate you too... :rolleyes:

Nobody could ever hate me :p

Nobody could ever hate me :p
    Well, what I've figured out during my short life is that usually if you hate someone - they hate you back. As there are around 3,456,782,396 men living on this planet it is pure probability that lets say 20% will hate you back.. Do some maths and tell me how many would that be? :rolleyes:

Dr_Phil wrote: »
    Well, what I've figured out during my short life is that usually if you hate someone - they hate you back. As there are around 3,456,782,396 men living on this planet it is pure probability that lets say 20% will hate you back.. Do some maths and tell me how many would that be? :rolleyes:

Why are you hell bent on making me sad? :(

Let me live in ignorant bliss ok!

Why are you hell bent on making me sad? :(
    Maybe I am among them 20%? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭rachums

I dont think he did anything wrong, sounds like you are pissed about being rejected and your having a rant. Move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

rachums wrote: »
    I dont think he did anything wrong, sounds like you are pissed about being rejected and your having a rant. Move on.

Yes he did. Swopped numbers. Couple of days later, HE rings me and tells me he's thinking of coming down to my part of the country. Week after he rings and asks to come into my bedroom when he visits. .... That's kind of leading me on, isn't it? .. He didn't have to ring me. Ego boost on his part?
    3 months later and im still waiting. with no explanation either to why he didn't visit.

Well he can go fk himself now. and im sure he has.

Now does anyone realise that i understand dogs more?

• Advertisement

Yes he did. Swopped numbers. Couple of days later, HE rings me and tells me he's thinking of coming down to my part of the country. Week after he rings and asks to come into my bedroom when he visits. .... That's kind of leading me on, isn't it? .. He didn't have to ring me. Ego boost on his part?
    3 months later and im still waiting. with no explanation either to why he didn't visit.

Well he can go fk himself now. and im sure he has.

Now does anyone realise that i understand dogs more?

It's a free country and he is under no obligation to explain himself to you. leading you on what age are you ? what's the deal with the dogs comment?

Advertisement