Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This one guy is an asshole - being led on!

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭LisaLee

kylith wrote: »
    He tried to use you for sex. Get over it, and get over him.

Just don't get under him :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I hate men
    Margaret Thatcher could be a right bitch... I hate women.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

Sorry hun but I think he just wanted to do things with you in a bedroom. Time to move on... no one is worth fancying for that long. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

You've been waiting 3 months for an explanation?! Jesus, move on will ya and forget about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Obaraten wrote: »
    Ah we aint all that bad,some us know how to treat a lucky lady right:)

head?

No, no I don't. I like head though. Lots of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

fufureida wrote: »
    head?

No-that's how a girl treats a fella right. :pac:

• Advertisement

fufureida wrote: »
    No, no I don't. I like head though. Lots of it.
    A woman after my own heart... but what if your brother is reading?

Dudess wrote: »
    A woman after my own heart... but what if your brother is reading?

:D He isn't on the boards! lol

I thought my brother wasn't on Boards... then there was that Sex & Sexuality thread... :(

I thought my brother wasn't on Boards... then there was that Sex & Sexuality thread... :(

Ok now im worried lol! Im off to change my username! XD how can i do this... o.O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Margaret Thatcher could be a right bitch... I hate women.

:confused:

Sometimes I do to. I'm just an angry person in general
    Ah we aint all that bad,some us know how to treat a lucky lady right:)

I'll change my mind when I find one :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Dr. Zeus

OutlawPete wrote: »
    "There are none so blind, as those that will not see."

There is no mass sexism against women in this forum Liah, never was and never will be.

I don't think there is anything wrong with this thread by the way, zero.

However, if there were a thread titled: "Women are assholes" ..

It would have been locked long ago, as the usual suspects would have been complaining.

Yet, here we have a 'Men are assholes' thread and not an eye-lid batted by those that would if the sexes were reversed.

Now THAT is sexism.

Hi Pete,

I think there is a slight difference in how the sexims manifests itself depending if its men or women we're dealing with.

If the thread was "women are assholes" you would have quite a few of the women hating brigade of AH having a field day with this type of thread. Another opportunity to vent their hatred. This is a small minority I know but they can be quite toxic. Complaints about the thread would have resulted in said minority telling the woman to stfu, to get back to the kitchen/make a sandwich/pics or gtfo or called a feminanzi/ugly bitch.

This thread men are assholes or whatever it was I did not see women jumping in saying all men are pigs, potential rapists, sleazebags whatever or agreeing with the OP at all. In fact dudess was one of the first to point out the OPs generalisation.

If somebody finds any post sexist as the mods have always said report it whether its male or female. The gender issue is a contentious one right across boards.

However what seems to have happened in AH in light of all the gender threads is this passive aggressive tit for tat approach. Some posters make snide comments about "quick before the fun police feminazi brigage get here".

Others seems to have taken on this martyr status "if that had been said about a woman the thread would be closed" but I don't think sexims exists or I am too cool to report it so I will just keep making my "if a woman had said" it bla bla bla jibes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Maddison

I agree with what the guys are saying here. unfortunately this guy is a TWAT and just wanted to use you for sex. seems to happen quite a lot.

Maybe you should try lesbianism for a while. I've been considering it myself. Heck maybe myself and yourself should get together.... ;)

Can I join ya's cause Ive officially given up on men.

Maddison wrote: »
    Can I join ya's cause Ive officially given up on men.

We should start a club!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

We should start a club!
    i dont like this club :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Maddison

We should start a club!

Yay!!!No some men are good Its just I havent found one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

We should start a club!

Can we at least watch or bring a video camera?:D

i dont like this club :(

Good cause your not invited

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Dr. Zeus wrote: »
    Others seems to have taken on this martyr status "if that had been said about a woman the thread would be closed" ..

Sorry, but that's not martyrdom, its a fact.

Start a thread titled:

'Women are bitches' - see how long it lasts.

Threads are being locked now were the subject is women, there have been a good few of them this past two weeks alone. Heck, even the parallel parking thread is now locked and all because some women took it all a little too serious.

I realise that if threads turn into a women bashing thread, there is not much point leaving them open - but the threads that got locked were not turning that way at all - some of them were locked before they even got going.

I had no problem with the thread title and if some women think all men are arseholes, that's fine with me - I am more than happy to debate that topic with them and it is precisely why I feel those threads, which some women feel are sexist, should remain open - as they too should be well able to debate moronic remarks about their sex, just as men have to.

You think the thread title would have been left it were: "Women are ..." - well, you are entitled to your opinion, but the evidence of all the locked threads speaks otherwise.

Threads asking if Irish women are harder to talk to than girls from other nationalities were locked recently and so it seems to me that thread topics regarding women are now taboo - yet similar topics about men are fine, or so it would seem.

Do ALL Men Cheat?
    Irish Men and Weight

To me, being able to discuss men like the above is fine - I just feel that if we can do that, then we should be able to discuss women in a similar vein, if not - well then, that's just sexist.

Its interesting in this thread the most thanked posts in this thread are one stating that this post is the reason women should stay in the kitchen and another one expressing faux outrage saying AH is anti men (mocking previous anti women complaints)

A lot of the male posters claimed that they wouldn't care if sexism was directed at them but that does not seem to be the case at all.

I had no problem with the thread title and if some women think all men are arseholes, that's fine with me - I am more than happy to debate that topic with them and it is precisely why I feel those threads, which some women feel are sexist, should remain open - as they too should be well able to debate moronic remarks about their sex, just as men have to.

I agree with you to a certain extent Pete but how do you argue with someone who just responds to women trying to debate an issue with "get your tits out" "pics or gtfo" or "get back to the kitchen" and then receives thanks for these comments. The result is that the women are just shut out "put back in their place"

For instance on another thread a woman made some comment and the poster responded

"why don't you stfu and get your tits out and we will all be happy". He always sadly received one or two thanks. In fairness the mod pulled him up on this comment and thread remained open.

That is what the minority I spoke about that always push it too far and result in the thread being shut down - these are men. Why is no one blaming these idiots for stricter moderation rather than women?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Maybe i should just become a lesbian?

Mmmmm, lesbians;)

I agree with you to a certain extent Pete ..

I want 100% agreement or nothing at all :cool:
    ..and then receives thanks for these comments.

So, what - I was called a misogynist many times and the posts got well thanked, that should not be considered a barometer of what the majority of AH thinks or indeed, just was is in fact - true or not.
    The result is that the women are just shut out "put back in their place"

Nonsense.

Each time AH is polled, the female count is around 30% and I don't see that changed. Many women are well able for AH and can banter with the best of them and usually in far witty and cutting ways.

Don't assume that all the females on AH have an issue with what is posted or that the forum's moderators are sometimes negligent when it comes to sexism and misogyny, they don't.

That Feedback thread was not well supported as far as I could see and a few women even posted in the thread and said as much, one was labelled a troll I believe.
    "why don't you stfu and get your tits out and we will all be happy". He always sadly received one or two thanks. In fairness the mod pulled him up on this comment ..

Grand, why don't you post something where a Mod DIDN'T step, as that would actually support your what your saying, that example doesn't and in fact just shows that, such comments amde against women, are not tolerated.
    That is what the minority I spoke about that always push it too far and result in the thread being shut down ..

This is just my opinion but I feel that moderators are shutting down these threads because they are nervous of something really sexist being said and then one of the usual suspects goes on a rant and posts in Feedback saying the moderators are useless and "negligent" and letting women get abused.

I don't blame them, I only moderate a small private forum and I am one hundred times more weary of something sexist being said to a female member than I am a male one - as I know that the possible consequences of a woman getting offended by a sexist post or a sexist thread, are far far greater than if it was a man getting offended.

.. but how do you argue with someone who just responds to women trying to debate an issue with "get your tits out" ..

Just say:

"They are out, I'm typing naked. I'd give you directions to my house but, I know men don't take directions very well, so I'll not bother."
    .. "pics or gtfo" ..

Sure the girls are always at that too .. I think you underestimate how filthy the AH lady can be.
    ..or "get back to the kitchen" ..

Say:

"What's wrong honey, can you not cook for yourself".

Or ..

"Barney Rubble on Boards, well I never".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

TheZohan wrote: »
    That's a bit unfair, I don't think you can just choose to become a lesbian.

Sexuality isn't a choice; the attitude in your post stinks btw, not attractive.
    Dont mind this joker,OP. If you want to munch carpet, then munch carpet. Its your choice.

• Advertisement

Hi Pete,

We are never going to see eye to eye on this area but heh what's the harm each to their own and all that.

Am not assuming btw that every female has an issue with some of the posts on AH but I can understand why some would.

With respect to the feedback thread and the lack of support from women. Threads about gender issues often get very heated and descent into chaos very quickly. If I remember a few posters were infracted for making sexist jokes - there was lots of back to the kitchen stuff and references to women being hysterical. And that was in the feedback forum come on! Can you blame women for not wanting to get involved and be labelled a femianazi.

Also, when I posted a thread about AH being anti women I got PMs for women saying thanks for raising it as if a woman had raised that issue they would have been laughed out of the thread and ripped to pieces. Also, if you remember the feedback thread where a number of women said they basically they felt intimidated posting in AH.

Have you ever wondered why AH is only 30% female? Is is that they feel unwelcome?

Also, what you are saying about worrying about women being offended in your forum says more about you in some ways.

You believe that sexism exists towards men and you don't like it at all. In fact you are quite vocal about it. Would you agree the much of the sexism towards men is more of a recent phenomenon in terms of advertising etc?

Well maybe for women they are more sensitive to sexism based on their shared history of being discriminated in every aspect of their life. I am not taking about 2010 so please don't bring up family law etc.

I can understand why an intelligent woman posting on the internet would rather not be asked for pics or gtfo. Most men don't mind being objectified by women, some enjoy it (some may not) so then they can't understand. when a woman is upset about being objectified. Some women who have been dealing with being valued in terms of their looks perhaps get tired of the constant objectification as if they have nothing else to offer. I can empathise with them on that.

I do think that sexism manifests itself differently towards women so you can't compare like with like. What is the male equivalent of get back to the kitchen? Feminazi? Pics or gtfo? A man might get very upset about being called a rapist but a woman wouldn't as it's women generally aren't rapists. ( am sure some are just in case). Personally I would not be offended at being called an asshole but I can understand why women would be upset as being called gold digging whores.

I don't think its fair just because you personally don't find it sexist that you can deny that it is for others. And this is a man said that about a woman it would be locked is such crap. Goes back to the comparing like with like thing. Report the post or leave it but keeping that up is just generating further disharmony between the sexes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

wow..this thread has got all deep and serious... :rolleyes:

I like men...

some are nice...

some are not...

some are hairy...

I prefer them not...

some women are biatches...

some men are bastads...

I'm pretty sure I can tell the difference... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

To conclude, he probably was never an asshole. But just a coward. Rang me for the ego boost but didn't have the guts to go through with it.

Ah well, still like him though. :(

Should of seen it coming though. He kissed me and then ran off. Didn't know i scared him so much. But then why ring me the week after? All these questions, i give up. :( Im off to find someone who doesn't run so fast.

I'm not messing, he really did run. I'l never forget the sight of his sexy ass running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

What about werewolves?

mmmhh..

without being wereist/wolfist/werewolfist they might be lovely...
    but I think I'm scared of them...
    and overly hirsute males are not my thing...

:)

Also, when I posted a thread about AH being anti women I got PMs for women saying thanks for raising it as if a woman had raised that issue they would have been laughed out of the thread and ripped to pieces.

I too have received quite a number of PMs from females on Boards regarding this issue. Some of them I knew already and some of them I did not and this was my first contact with them. The common theme of their PMs were that they felt that a lot of the women that were complaining in that Feedback thread, were making a major issue out of very little and that they liked After Hours and felt very welcome there.
    Also, if you remember the feedback thread where a number of women said they basically they felt intimidated posting in AH.

I seen very few women say that and I was with the thread throughout. As I said, some of the female users did NOT agree with them and one of them was labeled a "troll".
    Have you ever wondered why AH is only 30% female?

Would like to see more- but the implication you are making that there is only 30%, because women are treated poorly here - is just crap in my view, I see little evidence of it. If women were treated as badly as you and others would suggest, AH wouldn't be 30% female, it would be 3% female.
    Is is that they feel unwelcome?

Women that constantly scream sexism (ala, the Parallel Parking thread) might feel unwelcome here, sure - and so they should. It's not the forum for users like that, of either sex.
    Also, what you are saying about worrying about women being offended in your forum says more about you in some ways.

Nice little twist on what I said, but sure - let's not let something like my point get in the way of you having a little personal dig - nothing new there of course.

What I actually said was:
    I am one hundred times more weary of something sexist being said to a female member than I am a male one - as I know that the possible consequences of a woman getting offended by a sexist post or a sexist thread, are far far greater than if it was a man getting offended.

It shouldn't be, but it is ..

I am NOT more "worried" about women getting offended over men when it comes to the POSSIBLE CONSEQUENCES (ie; Feedback thread, accusations of being negligent in moderation etc) .. as obviously, I am likely to more weary of something that might actually HAPPEN, than something that NEVER does.

None of which effects my moderation by the way, sorry to disappoint - I would and do treat both in the same way. Indeed, I would say that our forum is the only private forum on Boards that contains the word 'misandrist' in it's Charter:
    No racism.
    No Misogyny or Misandry.

If there is another forum that mentions misandry, I haven't seen it ..
    I can understand why an intelligent woman posting on the internet would rather not be asked for pics or gtfo.

Intelligent men don't particularly like it either, I had a woman post in AH that she thought I liked to take it up the arse and many other comments also that were sexual or based purely on my physical appearance - should I run to Feedback about them?
    Most men don't mind being objectified by women, some enjoy it (some may not) so then they can't understand.

There is so much wrong with that sentence that I would be here all night if I were to reply to it with anything close to the response that it deserves.
    Some women who have been dealing with being valued in terms of their looks perhaps get tired of the constant objectification as if they have nothing else to offer.

They are on the INTERNET, nobody knows what they look like.

I can't believe this tripe, honestly ..

Women wanted equality and here you are wrapping them up in cotton wool, it's embarrassing quite honestly. Men have comments regarding their appearance directed at them constantly also. Comments regarding their penis size, being tall, short, fat, bald etc etc etc - and they have to deal with them - so why shouldn't females?

Women need to stop taking offense at jokes, if something very sexist is said to a female user in a tone not befitting this forum, it is dealt with - I have not seen any instances where it has not been.

I have heard many female users say that when they do, nothing happens, well - then take it further. Dispute Resoltion is there for users who feel that their complaints have gone unaddressed.
    I can empathise with them on that.

That's because you have bought into the nonsense and have been manipulated by society to see women in ways that only SOME women would have you to see them.

Women go for looks in just the same ways that men do - it is a total and utter MYTH that men and women are different when it comes to how much looks matter. It is exaggerated how much looks mean to men and is understated in the extreme how much they matter to women.

Or are the users on this thread "drooling" over guy's personalities??

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055192287&page=88

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Tbh, AH is a male dominated forum. The women who think there is no sexism here will be taken more seriously as they agree with the flow.
    Women or men who kick up a fuss will get a reaction.
    They don't like change around these here parts!
    These all men are, all women type threads are more suited to ranting & raving.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

To conclude, he probably was never an asshole. But just a coward. Rang me for the ego boost but didn't have the guts to go through with it.

Ah well, still like him though. :(

Should of seen it coming though. He kissed me and then ran off. Didn't know i scared him so much. But then why ring me the week after? All these questions, i give up. :( Im off to find someone who doesn't run so fast.

I'm not messing, he really did run. I'l never forget the sight of his sexy ass running.
    Yeah cos.... you sound like a keeper..... >_> :)

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

DeVore wrote: »
    Yeah cos.... you sound like a keeper..... >_> :)

DeV.
    That was mean.

/sarcasm

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

And a zombie thread revival. Sorry, my bad (for the zombie revival thing).

DeV.

Advertisement