Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent usage of an Irish number in roaming

Options
  • 21-09-2010 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Just curious if any/all Irish operators allow it? Say, you have a pay as you go number and use it only abroad. Of course, topping up when required. But always in roaming. Any issues with it?
    Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Nope.

So long as it is topped up as required they will not care.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭none

Great, thanks.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭confusedquark

yup, i'll second that - my fiancee's being using an irish vodafone sim in the uk for over a year, no problems and no cost (apart from topping up every 6-8 months to keep her sim alive) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭none

Grand, I was also thinking about Vodafone more than any other operator here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

yup, i'll second that - my fiancee's being using an irish vodafone sim in the uk for over a year, no problems and no cost (apart from topping up every 6-8 months to keep her sim alive) :)

Switch to an o2 sin and you wont have to topup untill you need too. An o2 sim is kept alive buy making one call (or sending a text) every 6 months. The call can be 2 seconds long, and thats all you need.

• Advertisement
Advertisement