Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can you buy Yankee candles?

Options
  • 21-09-2010 11:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭

Where can you buy Yankee candles?
    I have tried Dunnes and Tesco but they don't have them.

Comments

there's a Yankee candle shop down by the back entrance to the Eyre sq center. walk out the exit down by the toilets, go to the junction (left will bring you to merchants rd, straight to the library) turn right as if to go towards shop street and you should see it there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

It's near the second-hand bookshop that everybody (surely) calls the "dog shop."

I think they're also sold inside the Eyre Square centre, in one of the small shops opposite A-Wear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Dr McManus

Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Bjorn Bored.

yankees are really lovely but man they are expensive:eek::eek: just cant justify 9euro upwards for them when i can get something almost as nice for a third of the price!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

You can get really nice candles in tkmax

• Advertisement

I believe the candle shop downstairs in the Eyre Square shopping centre also stock them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

Dr McManus wrote: »
    Where can you buy Yankee candles? ...
    Every pharmacy I've ever been in seems to stock them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

I believe the candle shop downstairs in the Eyre Square shopping centre also stock them.
    Yeah it's Candleworks opposite New Look. They were selling them for years before anyone else in Galway and would always buy them in there, I got a lovely Yankee hamper made up in there as a Christmas present last year it was gorgeous.

Loads of imitations out now. Home Gallery (over Born in Newtownsmith) do a nice range of scented candles too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Barna Gifts on Mainguard Street.
    All Evergreen health stores stock them (city centre, headford road, barna)
    The Yankee Candle store.
    TK Maxx.
    Debenhams, on the top floor.
    Candle shop downstairs in te Eyre Square centre.
    ..for starters. Tesco sometimes does rip off Yankees..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Tedole

Yankee Candles are nice, but support a local company, Cloon Keen candles down Kirwin's Lane

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Tedole wrote: »
    Yankee Candles are nice, but support a local company, Cloon Keen candles down Kirwin's Lane

I'll support the place the offers me the best value for money ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

How are there candle shops still surviving in this recession? It never ceases to amaze me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

It amazes me how candle shops survive in any instance..you gotta be selling a lot more than just candles

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Cloon Keene are still making them in Spiddal & I think that demand is good.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

How are there candle shops still surviving in this recession? It never ceases to amaze me.

Priorities dear doctor, priorities :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 billybobonline

I'll support the place the offers me the best value for money ;)
    Was in Barna Gifts at the weekend and they have them at 25% off. Bought one for OH, Red Cherry, smells good enough to eat but don't think I'll chance it. They always have offers on them and they're local

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

I find TK Maxx best for candles. They have a fairly big variety of different brands and your bound to find one that suits.

Advertisement