Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 Week Transformation?!

Options
  • 21-09-2010 11:38pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭

I'm running a little experiment. I've the next two weeks off work and am tired of being a fat b@stard, so I want to see just how much of an impact I can make on my body in that time.

I'm gonna use this log as more of a blog and just include EVERYTHING I'm thinking in addition to recording training in my normal log too. I'll include everything I eat, drink and am going for pretty much 100% perfection*.

*I'm counting that as 2,500kcal a day and no stupidly bad food choices, alcohol or cheats in that time.

The plan's to lift at least 5x per week and do at least 5 hour long sessions of cardio per week too (a 4.3 mile walk). Probably done in a two-a-day format. Anything on top of that will be a bonus. I want to do some additional mobility and rolling in that time too.

I've a stash of Muscletech's Hydroxycut Hardcore X to try out as well for the craic.

I took before pictures last night, and my starting stats are;
    Weight - 95kg
    Calipers - 10mm (at suprailliac fold)
    Waist - 34 inches (above bellybutton)
    Love Handles - 35 inches (at bellybutton)

So, that's my ass officially on the line!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Im-gonna-get-so-the-word-youre-searching-for-is-gay.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Monday 20th September 2010

TRAINING
    Foam Roll - 8 positions

Smolov Press - Week 2, Day 2:
    40kg x5
    60kg x5
    70kg 5x7

Double Overhand Barbell Holds:
    90kg x30 count
    122kg x30 count
    142kg x30 count
    152kg x15 count

EZ Bar Hub Lift:
    bar + 10kg 3x10 count

Dumbbell Floor Press:
    35kg 'bells x23

Rolling Dumbbell Extenstions:
    20kg 'bells 3x15

Pushdowns (on crossover stack)
    worked up to the stack x10

Pushdowns (splitting rope):
    1x20

CARDIO
    4.3 mile walk in 1 hour 2 minutes

DIET
    Meal 1 - Special K and chicken fillet
    Pre WO - 3 Hydroxycut Hardcore X
    Meal 2 - 2 scoops of whey, 1/2 scoop vitaro (PWO)
    Meal 3 - 4 chicken goujons and ketchup
    Meal 4 - turkey, mash, turnip and some strawberries after
    Pre Walk - 3 Hydroxycut
    Meal 5 - 2 scoops of whey, 1 dessert spoon of PB
    Meal 6 - Same as meal 5

Total: 2,300kcal - 275g protein, 120g carbs, 78g fat

Tuesday 21st September 2010

TRAINING
    Foam Roll - 8 positions

HS Leg Extenstion:
    40kg x10
    60kg x10
    80kg x10 - this is the gayest exercise ever and I'm not doing it again.

HS Leg Press:
    120kg x5
    160kg x5
    180kg x13-8-5rp
    140kg x20

Standing Single Leg Curl:
    plate 12 x8
    plate 20 x8
    plate 30 3x8

Strict Barbell Curl (back against wall):
    40kg x14-5-4rp

Incline Dumbbell Curl:
    20kg 'bells x8, x7

Seated Dumbbell Curl:
    20kg 2x10

Seated Dumbbell Powerclean:
    10kg 'bells 3x10

CARDIO:
    4.3 mile walk in 59 minutes

DIET:
    Wake up - 3 hydroxycut
    Meal 1 - Special K and chicken fillet, and some grapes
    Meal 2 - 2 scoops of whey and 1/2 scoop vitargo (PWO)
    Meal 3 - 2 slices of toast w/ butter and a chicken fillet
    Meal 4 - 2 scoops whey and 1 dessert spoon of PB
    Pre walk - 3 hydroxycut
    Meal 5 - Southern fried chicken fillet and some strawberries
    Meal 6 - 2 scoops of whey and 1 dessert spoon of PB
    Meal 7 - 2 scoops of whey

Total: 2,500kcals - 290g protein, 135g carbs, 86g fat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

Hanley wrote: »

CARDIO:
    4.3 mile walk in 59 minutes

Why the walking? Would a light run not be better? Genuinely interested...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

Hell of a lot of whey in that diet man. Very little real food. Be very interesting to see how you feel after a diet like that for 2 weeks!!! If it's good I might follow suit:P

• Advertisement

G86 wrote: »
    Why the walking? Would a light run not be better? Genuinely interested...

Recovery... I haven't run in about 2 months. Trying to jump into it would probably break me. Eventually the plan's to run the 7km loop that I'm walking, but I'm not really arsed doing it yet. Won't even do it in the 2 weeks I'd say.

I figure the amount of kcals I'm gonna burn walking is pretty much the same as if I jogged it, so what's the point in pounding the sh!t outta my joints and lengthening recovery time just so I don't look like a loser?

thehamo wrote: »
    Hell of a lot of whey in that diet man. Very little real food. Be very interesting to see how you feel after a diet like that for 2 weeks!!! If it's good I might follow suit:P

It doesn't really make that much of a difference. I'm active and keeping busy most of time so it's handier jsut to have a shake. If this is all successful, it won't be down to the whey or the hydroxycut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

I figure the amount of kcals I'm gonna burn walking is pretty much the same as if I jogged it,

See, this concept confuses me!

It's not about distance it's about lenght of time. You will be exerting the body longer by walkin than you would if you jogged the distance thus calorie burn would be roughly the same. I'm thinking anyway!

My scales just said 93.3kg. I've no idea how long that's the lightest I've been in... Possibly mid 2007.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Do you have an 'after' goal in mind?

Do you have an 'after' goal in mind?

Yup.

My scales just said 93.3kg. I've no idea how long that's the lightest I've been in... Possibly mid 2007.

I was 95kg in August 2007. I got below that during the summer, but I didn't get below where I am now. So that's me officially at my lightest in over 3 years. WOOT!

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Red Cortina

That's 8 scoops of whey per day you are having there:eek:
    If that were me, well I don't want to say what sort of unpleasantness would unfold cause its just not polite!:o

That's 8 scoops of whey per day you are having there:eek:
    If that were me, well I don't want to say what sort of unpleasantness would unfold cause its just not polite!:o

I've a stomach like a goat!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

You tracking your %bodyfat of just weight loss?

You tracking your %bodyfat of just weight loss?

Here's the things I'm tracking;
    I took before pictures last night, and my starting stats are;
    Weight - 95kg
    Calipers - 10mm (at suprailliac fold)
    Waist - 34 inches (above bellybutton)
    Love Handles - 35 inches (at bellybutton)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Ah I didn't see the calipers in your OP. I knew you were originally tracking that.
    Best of luck with it.

92.9kg this morning.... See ya later, bloat.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭dartstothesea

Nice. You expecting to lose any strength/muscle whatsoever during this? Are you gonna be trying to lift every bit as heavy as you normally would during or will restricted carbs/cals mean you've to lighten it?

• Advertisement

Nice. You expecting to lose any strength/muscle whatsoever during this? Are you gonna be trying to lift every bit as heavy as you normally would during or will restricted carbs/cals mean you've to lighten it?

I'm just about to start a thread in the main forum on muscle loss when dieting...

And do I expect to lose strength over the two weeks? No... It's not a long enough time period. I plan on carbing up tomorrow in anticipation of Friday's deadlift session to ensure I'm as ready as possible for that tho as I can "feel" my muscle glycogen stores being depleted.

Wednesday 22nd September 2010

TRAINING
    Foam Roll w/ pipe - Legs and upper back

Smolov Press - Week 2, Day 3:
    40kg x5
    60kg x3
    72.5kg 7x5

Skull Crushers:
    45kg 5x10

Dips:
    bodyweight x20-11-8rp

Cable Row (middle machine, mid grip parallel handle):
    plate 50 x10
    plate 67 5x10

Seated Dumbbell Powerclean:
    12.5kg 'bells 3x6

CARDIO
    Nada

DIET
    Wake up - 3 hydroxycut
    Meal 1 - Special K and chicken fillet
    Meal 2 - 2 scoops whey and 1 scoop vitargo (PWO)
    Meal 3 - 2 chicken fillets, pita bread, salad
    Post meal 3 - 3 hydroxycut
    Meal 4 - 2 chicken fillets, 1/2 cup of rice
    Meal 5 - 2 scoops of whey, 1 dessert spoon of peanut butter

Total: 2,300kcals - 255g protein, 150g carbs, 71g fat

Bit low on kcals today, but since I didn't do any cardio I think it's all g.

How long have you been doing it hanley? Since Monday?

thehamo wrote: »
    Since Monday?

Yup.

Think I'll go down to 2,200kcal/day next week... And I'm not carbing up for deadlifts tomorrow cos the volume and intensity isn't enough to justify it. I'll just suffer thru!

Think I'll go down to 2,200kcal/day next week... And I'm not carbing up for deadlifts tomorrow cos the volume and intensity isn't enough to justify it. I'll just suffer thru!
    What are your maintance calorie requirements? ie how much of a calorie deficit are you currently running? Also do you find that you are hungry the whole time??

What are your maintance calorie requirements? ie how much of a calorie deficit are you currently running? Also do you find that you are hungry the whole time??

By my napkin calculations, around 3,000kcals is maintenance level for me.

I estimate my BMR at around 2,150kcalsd/day based off 12% body fat at 95kg, using the Katch-McArdle formula - BMR = 370 + (21.6 X lean mass in kg)

I've no idea if I'm 12% or not tho. I expect I'm probably a bit higher. Pretty sure everyone saw me walking around Raw topless last Saturday so I'll let them judge on that :D

I reckon lifting comes out around 500-600kcal/hour and walking 400kcal/hour. I dunno how accurate those figures are, but I'd say they're close, assume I'm burning 800-1000kcal/day 6x per week thru exercise.

So I'm only really about 500kcals under maintenance at 2,500kcals, which isn't a lot. Going down to 750 under maintenance should be very survivable too really.

I'm going to tack on a couple of hundred kcals worth of cardio post workout too from today.

As for being hungry.... nah. Once I keep my meal frequency to 2-3 hours apart I'm absolutely fine. That's the biggest battle for me when it comes to dieting. Probably meal time now actually. Think I'll have a carb and protein source and save my peanut butter for later tonight...

By my napkin calculations, around 3,000kcals is maintenance level for me.

I estimate my BMR at around 2,150kcalsd/day based off 12% body fat at 95kg, using the Katch-McArdle formula - BMR = 370 + (21.6 X lean mass in kg)

I've no idea if I'm 12% or not tho. I expect I'm probably a bit higher. Pretty sure everyone saw me walking around Raw topless last Saturday so I'll let them judge on that :D

I reckon lifting comes out around 500-600kcal/hour and walking 400kcal/hour. I dunno how accurate those figures are, but I'd say they're close, assume I'm burning 800-1000kcal/day 6x per week thru exercise.

So I'm only really about 500kcals under maintenance at 2,500kcals, which isn't a lot. Going down to 750 under maintenance should be very survivable too really.

I'm going to tack on a couple of hundred kcals worth of cardio post workout too from today.

Damn you for making me think about that. I'm gonna drop kcals to just over maintenance. I'll let exercise make up the deficit if I continue to recover ok. I'll experiment thru til Sunday with it!

• Advertisement

What's this formula that you used to calculate your maintenance calorie levels??? If you are weighing in at 95kgs or 209lbs then the maintenance calorie requirement of 2,175kcal sounds horribly close to the calories required if you did the Get Shredded Diet of body weight in lbs x 10kcal?? And that diet plan is supposed to help you lose 0.5-1% body fat per week.

Advertisement