Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 Week Transformation?!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

What's this formula that you used to calculate your maintenance calorie levels??? If you are weighing in at 95kgs or 209lbs then the maintenance calorie requirement of 2,175kcal sounds horribly close to the calories required if you did the Get Shredded Diet of body weight in lbs x 10kcal?? And that diet plan is supposed to help you lose 0.5-1% body fat per week.

I think thats what hanley is using ive seen him mention it before. I dont think Get Shredded takes into account the volume of training that Hanley is doing though...

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Red Cortina

I think thats what hanley is using ive seen him mention it before. I dont think Get Shredded takes into account the volume of training that Hanley is doing though...
    I dunno, my head is fried working out all those numbers! Either way what I'm trying to say is that 2200kcals per day sounds kinda low for someone who is 95kgs and works out 2 x a day:D

It is low....and prob not sustainable for someone who is doing 2x a day for a long peroid...but! for 2 weeks with a specific goal of reducing %bf and bw its acceptable...

also come one one of those work outs is an hrs walk ffs....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

don't think I've been below 2,200cals for more than a day since I was 12....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Hanley wrote: »

I estimate my BMR at around 2,150kcalsd/day based off 12% body fat at 95kg, using the Katch-McArdle formula - BMR = 370 + (21.6 X lean mass in kg)
    What's this formula that you used to calculate your maintenance calorie levels???

Ah c'mon!!! ^^^
    If you are weighing in at 95kgs or 209lbs then the maintenance calorie requirement of 2,175kcal sounds horribly close to the calories required if you did the Get Shredded Diet of body weight in lbs x 10kcal?? And that diet plan is supposed to help you lose 0.5-1% body fat per week.

Short version
    I'm running about the same deificit and expected fat loss as you'd see on the get shredded diet, albeit unintentionally.

Long version
    I dunno how kcals are calc'd on GSD, but I assume they include training?? The calc above is just what I burn sitting around on my arse all day!

A 800-1000kcal daily deficit comes in at approx 6,400kcals per week. That's 1.8lb or approx 0.8kg.

Assuming 95kg at 12% body fat is correct, I've around 12kg of fat on me. 0.8kg per week on 95kg is about 0.85% - pretty much smack bang in the middle of the numbers you quoted as being the expected weekly loss on the GSD.

• Advertisement

Ah c'mon!!! ^^^

Short version
    I'm running about the same deificit and expected fat loss as you'd see on the get shredded diet, albeit unintentionally.

Long version
    I dunno how kcals are calc'd on GSD, but I assume they include training?? The calc above is just what I burn sitting around on my arse all day!

A 800-1000kcal daily deficit comes in at approx 6,400kcals per week. That's 1.8lb or approx 0.8kg.

Assuming 95kg at 12% body fat is correct, I've around 12kg of fat on me. 0.8kg per week on 95kg is about 0.85% - pretty much smack bang in the middle of the numbers you quoted as being the expected weekly loss on the GSD.

so your basically running the Get Shredded Diet then....want me to change the log title?

I usually use bodyweight in lb x12 as a starting point and refine it from there. I wanna do it quickly this time tho. None of this slow loss that I did before. Worked well for keeping strength, but was a pain over time. I've less to lose this time, so won't see as radical a weight loss, and shouldn't see a significant dip in strength as a result. In theory. I hope.
    I dunno, my head is fried working out all those numbers! Either way what I'm trying to say is that 2200kcals per day sounds kinda low for someone who is 95kgs and works out 2 x a day:D

Yah like Drifter said... one of them is an hour long walk like!! And in regards to the walk, it'll have a minimal impact on my lifting because it's low intensity, easy to recover from, it's not pounding my joints and will do pretty much nothing to my muscle glycogen levels, therefore not taking away any precious lifting energy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

I was 95kg in August 2007. I got below that during the summer, but I didn't get below where I am now. So that's me officially at my lightest in over 3 years. WOOT!

Good stuff mate, if your cutting try out some BCAA during your workout, finds it helps me recover twofold plus it helps me lean out a lot (seems the same for everyone else I know that has tried it).
    U have the before pic up yet? Would be good motivation to have it up beforehand!

so your basically running the Get Shredded Diet then....want me to change the log title?

Is the GSD just 10kcals/lb bodyweight?

I can't believe people think it's so revolutionary if that's the case. I'm not even arsed going to find out cos I associate it too much with t-nation.
    d-gal wrote: »
    Good stuff mate, if your cutting try out some BCAA during your workout, finds it helps me recover twofold plus it helps me lean out a lot (seems the same for everyone else I know that has tried it).
    U have the before pic up yet? Would be good motivation to have it up beforehand!

Really? Any idea why it helps you to lean out?! I'm alright at the moment, but it's definitely something I'll consider if I feel recovery's being effected.

As for motivation, I don't need it :p

But here it is anyway;
    http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y143/Jameshanley/Photoon2010-09-20at01454.jpg

Thursday 23rd September 2010

TRAINING
    Smolov Press - Week 2, Day 4:
    40kg x3
    55kg x2
    65kg x1
    77.5kg 10x3

Chest Supported Rows:
    plate 90 5x10

Chest Supported Bent Over Raises:
    10kg 'bells 5x8

Diesel Crew Shoulder Warm Up:
    2kg 'bells x5 per position

Preacher Curls:
    42.5kg x10-5-3rp

DC Curls:
    plate 20-45 x12 (6 sets)

CARDIO
    4.5 mile walk in 65 minutes

DIET
    Wake up - 3 hydroxycut
    Meal 1 - 2 scoops of whey
    Meal 2 - bowl of special k and chicken fillet
    Meal 3 - a pear
    Meal 4 - lasagne
    Pre-WO - 3 hydroxycut
    Meal 4 - 2 scoops whey, 1 sccop vitargo
    Meal 5 - meatballs
    Meal 6 - 1 scoop of whey
    Meal 7 - 1 scoop of whey, 1 dessert spoon of PB

Total: 2,200kcal - 242g protein, 140g carbs, 76g fat

• Advertisement

Just ate meal 5 and I'm still f*cking starving. The rest of the day's gonna suuuuuuck.

F*ck this, I'm going out.

It'll take my mind off the hunger if nothing else. Gonna bring a protein shake with me and leave it in the car, and will have 2 or 3 diet cokes.

Tonnage of funnage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

F*ck this, I'm going out.

It'll take my mind off the hunger if nothing else. Gonna bring a protein shake with me and leave it in the car, and will have 2 or 3 diet cokes.

Tonnage of funnage.

Drink you fanny

Are you suggesting I dance it off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

fteen studies on DIT with information on energy intake, on diet composition and on the postprandial measurement period were selected from literature (Table 1). Five studies compared DIT, as measured with the same protocol in the same subjects, for two or more diets with a different composition. For alcohol, there was a tendency for an increased DIT, from 7.2 to 8.6 % of the energy content of the meal, when 22% of the energy content of a meal was exchanged for an alcoholic aperitif URL="http://www.nutritionandmetabolism.com/content/1/1/5#B11"]11[/URL. In a second study, with a similar energy exchange with alcohol, there was a significant increase in DIT, from 7.1 to 9.0 % of the energy content of the meal URL="http://www.nutritionandmetabolism.com/content/1/1/5#B12"]12[/URL. For protein, there was a tendency for and increased DIT, from 7.1 to 8.3% when 20 en% of the meal was exchanged with protein URL="http://www.nutritionandmetabolism.com/content/1/1/5#B12"]12[/URL. In a second study, with a similar energy exchange with protein, there was a significant increase in DIT, from 10.5 to 14.6 % of the energy content of the meal URL="http://www.nutritionandmetabolism.com/content/1/1/5#B6"]6[/URL. For carbohydrate and fat, one study showed no effect URL="http://www.nutritionandmetabolism.com/content/1/1/5#B12"]12[/URL, one study showed an increase after the exchange of 65 en% fat for carbohydrate URL="http://www.nutritionandmetabolism.com/content/1/1/5#B13"]13[/URL, and one study showed the opposite, a decrease after the exchange of 28 en% fat for carbohydrate URL="http://www.nutritionandmetabolism.com/content/1/1/5#B14"]14[/URL.

Now, i'm too lazy to actually read that, not that i'd understand it, but from what i can gather booze = good

So there I am out having the craic. And then the hunger hits. Anyone who's been around me when I'm hungry will know that I'm not someone you want to associate with. HAD to come home for food cos where else would I get a protein shake and some peanut butter.

This better be f*cking worth it!!

F*ck this, I'm having a cheat meal.

Boiled chicken breast, bit of franks hot sauce and some PB to finish off with.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭dartstothesea

Missing food, for me, is the worst thing about being on a night out or whatever. I don't drink so there's little else for me to do other than drink water for several hours, I wouldn't really go near soft drinks and after about a dozen unwanted pints of miller have given up trying to ask for pints of milk. Luckily I only really end up in the pub/club on rare occasions. But yeah I've felt like going home too. You did pretty well there I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

F*ck this, I'm having a cheat meal.

Boiled chicken breast, bit of franks hot sauce and some PB to finish off with.

lol

lol

I know... it was supposed to be a shake and PB. Kcals are pretty much exactly the same, but the feeling of bliss that washed over my entire body was out of this world.

• Advertisement

Also, 93.7kg going to bed after eating. Probs 92.5kg in the morning. Might be 91.9kg by Monday at this rate!!

And CP to deal with tomorrow - great.

Also, 93.7kg going to bed after eating. Probs 92.5kg in the morning. Might be 91.9kg by Monday at this rate!!

And CP to deal with tomorrow - great.

92.2kg and waist < 33.5 inches.

Still feeling VERY groggy so think I'll have a quick nap before popping m hydroxycut and going to deadlift.

Motivation to train is officially in the crapper now. Gonna just get to the gym, roll on my pipe and try to get it done. I know already it'll be a slog.

20 minutes of cardio after... 45 minutes tonight....

Tomorrow's the IPO Leinster Open so trying to stay on track diet wise is gonna be sh!te. I might just throw a couple of tubs of protein and some PB in the boot of my car. Gonna get up early and lift before it, just a quick tricep and upper back session I reckon, do some cardio afterwards and then go out in the night. Dunno how long I'll last...

48.jpg

48.jpg

Bull****. I'd never grow a stupid mustache like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

franks hot sauce

Its good.

d'Oracle wrote: »
    Its good.

-Make a batter from flour, paprika and cayenne pepper, toss the wings in it.
    -Deep fry them for 15-20 minutes
    -Throw some Franks Hot Sauce into a pot with butter while they're frying
    -Toss the wings so they're lightly covered in the sauce
    -Profit

If you've been to Elephant and Castle, that's pretty much the wing recipe.

If you've been to Elephant and Castle, that's pretty much the wing recipe.

I have.
    Its very close to the office.
    Might go there tonight....:D

d'Oracle wrote: »
    I have.
    Its very close to the office.
    Might go there tonight....:D

I would tell you to f*ck off, but I'd probably get infracted again.

• Advertisement

Sorry, I literally realised after posting that what a cruel an unusual thing it was to post in this thread....

Advertisement