Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 Week Transformation?!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

sigh...

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Turbo_diesel

In LBS. Go to maintenance calories or slighty above once you have reached your ideal level of leanness or bodyweight. But I would imagine those extreme low levels your after are poxy hard to maintain.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Sounds like Turbos advising a modified version(or something similar) of a Keto diet but with protein as the mainstay as opposed to fat. Anything Ive ever read about that leads me to believe its not the smartest idea.

Huge difference in the two pics Hanley, good work.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

In LBS. Go to maintenance calories or slighty above once you have reached your ideal level of leanness or bodyweight. But I would imagine those extreme low levels your after are poxy hard to maintain.
    Sounds like Turbos advising a modified version(or something similar) of a Keto diet but with protein as the mainstay as opposed to fat. Anything Ive ever read about that leads me to believe its not the smartest idea.

Huge difference in the two pics Hanley, good work.

Thanks dude. Sodium intake's been high the last 4 days. Gonna drop it out now and start to water load til Friday, and let it deplete over Saturday for pics on Sunday!!

RE: PSMF, I think if you weren't concerned about lifts or performance it may work, but that's not me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

Great changes there lad, it must be the Hydroxycut your taking, what else could it be ;)

• Advertisement

Tuesday 29th September 2010

TRAINING:
    Foam Roll - Legs

Squat (beltless):
    60kg 2x5
    100kg x3
    140kg x2
    150kg x1
    160kg x1
    170kg x1
    180kg x1
    150kg 2x3
    130kg x5, x10

Double Overhand Barbell Hold (w/ thinner bar):
    100kg x10 count
    130kg x10 count
    160kg x30 count
    170kg x20 count
    180kg x10 count
    160kg x30 count

EZ Bar Hub Lift:
    Bar +10kg 5 x10 count

Strict BB Curl (against wall):
    40kg x15-6-5rp

Incline Dumbbell Curls:
    20kg 'bells 2x8

Concentration Curls:
    15kg 'bell 2x12

Seated Dumbbell Powerclean:
    12.5kg 'bells 5x8

CARDIO:
    10 minutes each on;
    -Crosstrainer
    -Incline treadmill walk
    -C2
    -Bike
    -Crosstrainer
    -Incline treadmill walk

DIET:
    Meal 1 - special K and chicken fillet
    Meal 2 - chicken fillet and 2 slices of toast
    3 Hyrdoxycut
    1 Americano while squatting
    Meal 3 - 2 scoops of whey, 30g vitargo
    3 Hyrdoxycut
    Meal 4 - mince beef and small bit of pasta
    Meal 5 - chicken sandwich
    Meal 6 - 2 scoops of whey, 1 dessert spoon of PB

Total: 2,100kcals - 218g protein, 170g carbs, 60g fat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

why aren't you eating veg again?

why aren't you eating veg again?

Cos mum boils the sh!t outta it.

Hanley wrote: »
    Cos mum boils the sh!t outta it.

You absolute brat.

if i was doing something like that i imagine i'd find a better use for my carbs thatn toast.

You absolute brat.

if i was doing something like that i imagine i'd find a better use for my carbs thatn toast.

Ok well when you're eating NOTHING nice and everything tastes bland, and you find one thing that tastes nice that's relatively low kcals, you come back to me and tell me what is is k?

• Advertisement

Ok well when you're eating NOTHING nice and everything tastes bland, and you find one thing that tastes nice that's relatively low kcals, you come back to me and tell me what is is k?

Broccoli

<3

Broccoli

<3

Srsly??

Also, I've drank 1.5l of water already today. I can't get rid of this thirst. That's worrying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Broccoli

<3

freak...

freak...

My thoughts exactly. Gonna go make that 2l of water now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

freak...

nice when cooked properly with some butter and pepper on it. Not nice when my ma cooks it.

On topic, why you so thirsty hanley?

nice when cooked properly with some butter and pepper on it. Not nice when my ma cooks it.

Bingo. I see no nutritional value in even bothering cos most of the good stuff ends up in the water.
    On topic, why you so thirsty hanley?

This, I do not know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Wonder if the epic amounts of caffeine lately have had a dehydrating effect? hmm... *furrows brow*

Srsly??
    Yup, steamed, butter salt and pepper.

Or stir fried.

Or in an omlette.

I use broccoli in everything

Wonder if the epic amounts of caffeine lately have had a dehydrating effect? hmm... *furrows brow*

Suppose it's possible. My pee's running clear enough tho. Not brown or anything.

Also, anyone know the best way to take BCAA's when dieting?? I've 146 tabs of Universal's product (yes, I counted).

Breakdown's per tab;
    Valine 934mg
    Leucine 934mg
    Isoleucine 135mg

I reckon if I take 4 immediately before training, and 4 before cardio that should be cool??

Wednesday 29th September 2010

TRAINING:
    Smolov Press - Week 3, Day 2:
    40kg x3
    60kg x3
    72.5kg 3x7, 1x5+2pp, 1x7pp

Skull Crushers:
    47.5kg 3x10

Dips:
    bodyweight x23-13-10rp

Seated Cable Row (w/ mid grip parallel handle on middle machine):
    plate 67.5 3x12

Diesel Crew Shoulder Warm Up:
    5kg 'bells 2x3

One Arm Scap Raises:
    3kg 'bell 2x6

CARDIO:
    20 minutes each on;
    -crosstrainer
    -incline treadmill walk
    -bike

DIET:
    Meal 1 - Special K and chicken fillet
    Meal 2 - 2 scoops of whey, two slices of toast
    3 Hydroxycut
    8 BCAA tabs (1/2 before lifting, 1/2 before cardio)
    Meal 3 - 2 scoops of whey, 30g vitargo
    Meal 4 - Ray in a small bit of batter
    3 Hydroxycut
    Meal 5 - Chicken satay
    Meal 6 - Chicken fillet

Total: 2,250kcals - 248g protein, 160g carbs, 65g fat

• Advertisement

Totally didn't do a good job on my water load today actually. Only at about 4/5 litres. Gonna go get a couple of more in now.

Decided to ditch the complete blow out I had planned for Sunday. Gonna modify it to a trip to Coppers on Saturday night and a pizza on Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭dave80

Suppose it's possible. My pee's running clear enough tho. Not brown or anything.

Also, anyone know the best way to take BCAA's when dieting?? I've 146 tabs of Universal's product (yes, I counted).

Breakdown's per tab;
    Valine 934mg
    Leucine 934mg
    Isoleucine 135mg

I reckon if I take 4 immediately before training, and 4 before cardio that should be cool??

Just a heads up;)
    From Will h's post about pre work nutrition in the fitness basics thread

On another note...related about what we were talking about previously...there are studies where consuming BCAA at this time actually harmed performance...just for the pill poppers out there...BCAA are fine...but I wouldn't be taking them immediately prior to training.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭dartstothesea

Yeah I also do remember reading, somewhere, that AA pills taken immediately prior and during training were bad.

dave80 wrote: »
    Just a heads up;)
    From Will h's post about pre work nutrition in the fitness basics thread

On another note...related about what we were talking about previously...there are studies where consuming BCAA at this time actually harmed performance...just for the pill poppers out there...BCAA are fine...but I wouldn't be taking them immediately prior to training.
    Yeah I also do remember reading, somewhere, that AA pills taken immediately prior and during training were bad.

FFS!!

Someone tell me why!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Too lazy to look for the post so i'll just try remember what will wrote and butcher it. It was something along the lines of BCAA's promote the production of Nitrogen which inhibits performance. BCAA's are contained in whey but when they are part of whey the whey stops the nitrogen being produced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭dave80

Molly wrote: »
    Too lazy to look for the post so i'll just try remember what will wrote and butcher it. It was something along the lines of BCAA's promote the production of Nitrogen which inhibits performance. BCAA's are contained in whey but when they are part of whey the whey stops the nitrogen being produced.

I taught it was ammonia?? Nitrogen would be a good thing (i think)

In what context does it inhibit performance? I know I'm being awkward. And also, does it inhibit performance but prevent muscle wastage? Cos I could live with that for the next couple of weeks.

Dave80; I'm just going off of memory and Nitrogen sticks out in my head. You could be correct.

Hanley; I can't remember.

Because i'm waiting on my dinner and am bored

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=67883862&postcount=207

• Advertisement

You're a good person. It still doesn't explain WHY tho. It causes fatigue, which I could live with it if prevents muscle breakdown....

Advertisement