Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kilsheelan 10k or alternative 10k for 26th sept.

• 21-09-2010 11:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭

Anybody doing this on the 26th of sept.?
    it says on run ireland that it is an accurate course so happy with that, but it doesnt say if its a flat or hilly course, anyone know?

if not this one then dungarvan 10k is on the same day, but this is not run by west waterford ac it is run by the carers assocation so i dont know if the route will be the same as there one that is ran in the spring?

anyone and info or help, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

The Lakes 10k is on in Blessington on the Saturday (25th) if that's any good to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Toblerone1978

I'll probably do the Kilsheehan 10k, as its very near to me. I have no idea about the course itself though.

There's is a 10km run in Portalington on the Sunday also. Again, no idea if its hilly or flat.

Brian Maher is running the Blessington race, so the field must be decent.

I ran a 10km that was organised by the Carers Association. It was grand except when I was in the middle of patting-myself-on-the-back aftere completing it under 40mins for the first time, someone told me the course measurement was only 6 miles :( - and they were right :mad:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭bart simpson

I'll probably do the Kilsheehan 10k, as its very near to me. I have no idea about the course itself though.

There's is a 10km run in Portalington on the Sunday also. Again, no idea if its hilly or flat.

Brian Maher is running the Blessington race, so the field must be decent.

I ran a 10km that was organised by the Carers Association. It was grand except when I was in the middle of patting-myself-on-the-back aftere completing it under 40mins for the first time, someone told me the course measurement was only 6 miles :( - and they were right :mad:.

i checked out the course today....its a hard course, all up and down and bends.
    i heard the portalington course if flatish with one hill.

Toblerone I seen your time on the results for the dublin half...great time:)

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Toblerone1978

Yeah, we both met our targets anyway!! You're looking good for a good time in the DCM anyway.

Your last post has changed my mind, I think I'm going to Portalington instead. I'm anxious to do a sub-40mins 10k and now could be my last chance to do it. Especially after we both caome fairly near to it in Piltown!!

Text me know if you want to hitch a lift from me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭bart simpson

Yeah, we both met our targets anyway!! You're looking good for a good time in the DCM anyway.

Your last post has changed my mind, I think I'm going to Portalington instead. I'm anxious to do a sub-40mins 10k and now could be my last chance to do it. Especially after we both caome fairly near to it in Piltown!!

Text me know if you want to hitch a lift from me.

yeah im going to do portalington too, you should be well set up for sub 40 after that half, i really want to do a sub 40 aswel, just hope the legs are fresh enough on sunday. thanks for the lift offer but im sorted, il give you a buzz when i get down there if i dont see you, would be good to work off each other to get the sub 40

• Advertisement
Advertisement