Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too scared to swim

• 21-09-2010 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi All,

Just wondering if I could get any advice on overcoming this phobia. Basically I am terrified of deep water. I used to be a good swimmer and recently I have wanted to get back into it but I somehow can't overcome my fear of deep water, whereas years ago I could control it and even loved swimming in my local pool. This phobiia resurfaced a few months ago when I was on holiday and tried swimming in the sea and it suddenly came flooding back. i am not even sure what to call this fear but any tips to overcome it would be greatly appreciated. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MonkeyBone

Hi Mods,

If it would be okay could this thread be moved to the PI forum as it is a personal issue for me and I would really like some feedback on it (which it has not got here). :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

I used to be scared of the sea when i was a kid, but know im find. i know thats not really the same as deep water and i kinda just grew out of it. my best advice would be to go and swim in water thats not out of your depth, the sea would be good, and over time you can build up your confidence to be able to go out deeper.
    but you wont learn if you never go in!

Advertisement