Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not recognising campaign being finished?

• 22-09-2010 12:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭

Just finished the single player campaign on legendary but for some reason it hasnt picked up the pillar of autumn as being finished!!! This happen anyone else? Do i have to go from start to finish on that level again?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

did you do the lone wolf thing? that could be it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭Batmantastic

foxerv1 wrote: »
    Just finished the single player campaign on legendary but for some reason it hasnt picked up the pillar of autumn as being finished!!! This happen anyone else? Do i have to go from start to finish on that level again?

If you quit out and restarted from a Rally point, you'll have to go back and finish the level from start to finish, when you start from Rally points, it doesn't recognise that you've finished it, it was the same in previous Halo games and there was no real need to change it, if you'd saved and quit and then hit "Resume Campaign" it would have registered though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

If you quit out and restarted from a Rally point, you'll have to go back and finish the level from start to finish, when you start from Rally points, it doesn't recognise that you've finished it, it was the same in previous Halo games and there was no real need to change it, if you'd saved and quit and then hit "Resume Campaign" it would have registered though.

That will be it then, i had forgotten that...... oh well, straight run through saving and quitting..... :( and this was the only mission that caused me hassle....

That will be it then, i had forgotten that...... oh well, straight run through saving and quitting..... :( and this was the only mission that caused me hassle....

On Legendary yeah? It bites HARD. The 7th mission was nuts for me too, but this was by far one of the most frustrating experiences on Xbox 360 in a long time. I feel your pain man

On Legendary yeah? It bites HARD. The 7th mission was nuts for me too, but this was by far one of the most frustrating experiences on Xbox 360 in a long time. I feel your pain man

Im not afraid to admit asa a young man of 26 that i damned near cried when i realised i'd probably have to do Pillar Of Autumn again :(

But the campaign on Legendary is worth it.

• Advertisement

Im not afraid to admit asa a young man of 26 that i damned near cried when i realised i'd probably have to do Pillar Of Autumn again :(

I lol'd when I read this. I'm 25 myself and I was near tears when I was taken out by an elite with a fuel rod FOR THE BILLIONTH time! But it's totally worth it, not just for the achievement, but for the personal goal aswell.

No Legendary ending though, which kinda sucks, but I still love it

I lol'd when I read this. I'm 25 myself and I was near tears when I was taken out by an elite with a fuel rod FOR THE BILLIONTH time! But it's totally worth it, not just for the achievement, but for the personal goal aswell.

I just need to recreate exactly the conditions i had when i got through the tougher parts. It was a foolproof system of pegging it :)

I just need to recreate exactly the conditions i had when i got through the tougher parts. It was a foolproof system of pegging it :)

Best of luck man! That level took me 2 hours to get through!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

afaik there is
    it's when it goes back to your helmet and she talks about your victory was close and you giving them courage, could be wrong as i haven completed it on any other mode

afaik there is
    it's when it goes back to your helmet and she talks about your victory was close and you giving them courage, could be wrong as i haven completed it on any other mode

Yeah the ending is the same on Heroic, I finished it on Heroic before tackling Legendary, same ending. Still amazing though, tbh if they'd put in a Legendary ending it would have been silly, considering this was just to tie the franchise together

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

As a younger man with an older age :D, i'm doing it on legendary as well , i'm on the 9th level , i found the 4 th the hardest .

I've never played a game where getting a checkpoint makes me give a huge sigh of relief.

Shammy wrote: »
    I've never played a game where getting a checkpoint makes me give a huge sigh of relief.

+1 to that. Imm giving the campaign a break tonight and trying to get that damned "jump on elite" achievement. Not working too well. I think i'll go back to Hello Kitty Island :D

Done,Dusted, musch easier the 2nd runthrough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

This is what happened me. Except my resume campaign was back in the helicopter level for some reason.

On my player info it does have down that i completed the game but i didnt get the achievement. Ah well bit too lazy to in through that level again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

i did it on heroic first too . so much easier i just ran in bashing heads and sprinting on to the next enemy . no where near like that on legendary had 5 gold skulls on so my multiplyer was constantly 7.4 but was so much more satisfying when i won it second time around actually seemed more like an achievment . just keep at a distance if you can and try carrying drop shield it heals you as well as giving you a respite from the action so its handy to have

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

sierra117x wrote: »
    i did it on heroic first too . so much easier i just ran in bashing heads and sprinting on to the next enemy . no where near like that on legendary had 5 gold skulls on so my multiplyer was constantly 7.4 but was so much more satisfying when i won it second time around actually seemed more like an achievment . just keep at a distance if you can and try carrying drop shield it heals you as well as giving you a respite from the action so its handy to have
    why the skulls?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

Adam wrote: »
    why the skulls?

because if i figured if im going to do it again i might as well get something more out of it . the gold skulls increase the difficulty but also increase the points and credits earned . and i really dont want to do a whole lot with my spartan armour wise so i just wanted a quick boost to 100,000 credits for the black visor and thats me done :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Had this problem on the tip of spear mission, didn't mind replaying it as it was a fun level.

Nice at the end when you get something like 360 achievement points for loads of Campaign completed ones. :D

Advertisement