Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any "free" credit cards?

Options
  • 22-09-2010 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭

Never had a credit card before. Thinking of applying for one. Mainly for the security they offer that debit cards don't.

So basically wondering if it's possible to have a credit card and never have to pay any sort of fees for simply having one? Which would obviously mean me always paying on time. Which I would plan on doing. So sort of like a debit card, but actually a credit card.
    I know TSB and Ulster Bank offer debit VISA cards. But do they act like credit cards when it comes to being covered for reimbursements, stolen cards and that sort of thing?

cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭barochoc

el dude wrote: »
    Never had a credit card before. Thinking of applying for one. Mainly for the security they offer that debit cards don't.

So basically wondering if it's possible to have a credit card and never have to pay any sort of fees for simply having one? Which would obviously mean me always paying on time. Which I would plan on doing. So sort of like a debit card, but actually a credit card.
    I know TSB and Ulster Bank offer debit VISA cards. But do they act like credit cards when it comes to being covered for reimbursements, stolen cards and that sort of thing?

cheers.

Well you'll never pay any fee's if you do pay in full before the 30 days or whatever. I think some are 45 or more!!!

The only thing you can't escape is that feckin €30 per annum stamp duty that pays for Biffo's pints ;)

Advertisement