Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castlevania:Lords of shadow

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Demo isn't the best, no. I do like the atmosphere - extremely gothic as it should be. The rain looked amazing, although overall probably needed to adjust the lighting settings a bit as it was crazy dark.

Not enough time to get to grips with the combat - does little to differentiate itself from GoW based on the limited demo options.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭daredevilfan

Just downloaded the demo looks fantastic plays very good too.
    Anyone else with any thoughts?
    Except comparing it to GOW etc!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Yeah deffo has the GOW thing going on. I've seen clips of later levels that reminded me a lot of Uncharted 2 too.

Reviews mostly quite good.

PSM3 94%
    Official Xbox Magazine 9/10
    Official PlayStation Magazine (UK) 9/10
    GameSpy 4/5
    Game Informer 9/10
    Edge 8/10
    Eurogamer 8/10

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Am I right in presuming this is out on Friday? Think I'll trade in my copy of Dead Rising, which I find too frustrating, to get this.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Does anyone know what the story is with the Collector's Edition? It's pretty, but it doesn't appear to be available anywhere!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

Will give this a DL tonight I think.

Mr. K wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the story is with the Collector's Edition? It's pretty, but it doesn't appear to be available anywhere!
    I hear the box for the disc is actually a DVD box. And not a BluRay box. Be warned, if you are a bit anal about that sort of thing. I cant imagine that it would look too good sitting on your shelf next to the BluRay boxes.

...Now I don't know what to think! It seems rather pointless to release the CE after the standard edition. I just want the soundtrack!

• Advertisement

Mr. K wrote: »
    ...Now I don't know what to think! It seems rather pointless to release the CE after the standard edition. I just want the soundtrack!
    If I go into the shop, and it's there, I might buy it. But to be honest, I wouldn't bother my arse waiting for it to come out. Supopose I'll see on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭daredevilfan

This is out tomorrow prebooked it
    its gonna be epic

DL'd the demo and have only had time to play through it once. Was fun and looks like it could have some depth to it although the demo was desperately short considering how big a file it is.

Gave this the half hour it deserves last night, Music and visuals are fantastic and the hack and slash gameplay is solid and fun and judging fromt eh way you can unlock combos and magic I'd say it could develop some depth to it.

I imagine that this is exactly the sort of title that could see a price drop to around E30 before xmas because I doubt it will sell many units. Would certainly pick it up at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Yeah I'm starting to think the same. With Fallout New Vegas and GT5 on the horizon I think I'll pass on buying this for a while until the price drops.

There has been zero marketing for it so it might not be around too long but the price is bound to come down.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

I'm having a blast playing this game more than enslaved, first titan battle of this game is "OH EHMMM GEE FOOKING AMAZING"! :eek:

I picked it up today, screw waiting two weeks for a CE! I won't get to play it until after eleven tonight, the anticipation is killing me!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yeah, decided on this over Enslaved based on perceived value for money (Enslaved looks like it could be comfortably completed in a week, so rental it is).

As above, won't be playing 'til later. But Gothic horror is best in the dark *laughs manically*

*coughs*

I should really stop laughing manically.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭DemoniK

am with you on that..
    A dark horse this one - lovin it so far... if you thought demo is good, then get ready to be blown away..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Liked the demo, will pick it up when it drops, between The Force Unleashed 2 and Black Ops out in the next few weeks it wouldnt get played much, and if its anything like Dantes Inferno it'll be nearly half price by christmas, def worth picking up then, apparently its 20hrs long too, thats crazy long for a hack and slash game, Dantes and GOW3 where what, 6 hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Whats this game like guys? Any game in particular it handles like? Is it hard?

Tempted to pick it up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I've only played through the first two areas so far but I'm in love!
    Great voice acting from Patrick Stewart and Robert Carlyle, and some fantastic graphics so far.
    The music may not be in the same vein as older Vania's, but it really is fantastic scene setting stuff!

It plays like God of War so far, but sufficiently different to it so that it doesn't feel like a total clone ala Dante's Inferno. Playing on medium and I've died a couple of times, but I'm putting that down to my hangover rather than it actually being difficult...
    Jumping over the ravine with those four Wargs chasing after you:eek:... I hope it can keep this level of awesomeness up!

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭TetraxShard

Really, really fun so far. I loved the first boss battle, if you liked Shadow of the Colossus it will be right up your street.

Really, really fun so far. I loved the first boss battle, if you liked Shadow of the Colossus it will be right up your street.

Yeah someone in Mercury Steam / Kojima Productions has been playing a ****load of SotC lately :pac: Great boss fight, but definitely toes that line between affectionate homage and out-and-out robbery. Oh well, good fun anyway.

Also digging it so far. I could use separate block and dodge buttons (what's wrong with the right analogue stick when you have fully directional dodges?), and combat-wise it ain't Bayonetta, but it has some brilliantly designed environments, plenty of variety so far, and even in the first chapter hints of true epicness. Playing on hard and it's challenging enough but easily manageable.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭ihateclowns11

Sweet looking game ,think ill be downloading this one for ps3 and xbox

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Nexus

Becareful playing it. There is a know bug with the autosave. It corrupts and will overwrite the file on the next boot. i was 5 hours in on the lycan boss and turned it off. Came back an hour later and got the corrupt message. Checked online and apparently its happening to loads of people. 5 hours wasted. im going no where near it until thats fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭patch

Nexus wrote: »
    Becareful playing it. There is a know bug with the autosave. It corrupts and will overwrite the file on the next boot. i was 5 hours in on the lycan boss and turned it off. Came back an hour later and got the corrupt message. Checked online and apparently its happening to loads of people. 5 hours wasted. im going no where near it until thats fixed.

Nooooo!
    I just turned it off on the second giant boss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 SonicTitan

Nexus wrote: »

Thank you for posting that. It just happened to me.
    Two hours into the game. Like you, i'm not playing it again until its patched.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

patch wrote: »
    Nooooo!
    I just turned it off on the second giant boss.

Feck same here.

Advertisement