Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Interesting blue lights in photos

• 22-09-2010 12:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,676 ✭✭✭

Hi,

This is a repost from the Paranormal section as I was advised to ask you guys your opinions on these two photos I took.

Here are two pics I took in Belleville in France 2 evenings ago and both have some interesing blue lights in them. Just thought I would stick them up and let people have a look. I thought they were very interesting anyways when I noticed what was caught. Just behind me there is a very old residance which has links to very wealthy french families going back to the early 18th century with stables etc.

I left the images in their original scales. On the first pic look above the horse, the second pic looking along the fences. They appear to have bright cores. Possibly orbs?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Hmmmm I'd question of the provenance of the story about the wealthy 18th century french family. Those dots look far more early 16th century to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Or....Possibly solar flare, from pointing the camera towards the sun.

Orbs sound more interesting though, screw logic! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

The OP put this up on the paranormal forum and I suggested that perhaps it was posted here due to the level of expertise in the forum to get a logical and technical reason for the light in the picture.

Leaving aside the background story of where this was taken and is it a "ghost" perhaps someone here could give a definite answer to what the photographic phenomenon is.

Personally I think its a form of lens flare but someone around here might be able to give a definitive photographic answer?

If not then let the paranormals fight over it for a while.

edit: actually it looks like it was taken out of the window of a bus/train? Could that cause it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Looks like lens flare...possibly caused by having a filter on the lens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Looks to me like dust or a tiny scratch catching a reflection from the sun.

EDIT: in photo IMG_0657.jpg I think I can see faint reflections around the blue 'orb'. I'm guess it was show through a window and someone behind you was on a mobile phone or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭Major Lovechild

It is an insect. I'm afraid digital has that effect on dust particles and flying insects. That is all orbs are. You seldom see it happen with film.

Wo ist die Gemütlichkeit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

I'm not so sure it's a natural occurance... zooming in on the second image, there appears to be something in the orb...

128498.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I would also guess at reflection, possibly mobile phone or something on a window the image may have been shot through. To me these lights look to be at the forefront of the image rather than in the distance as in even though they are above things in the distance the lights themselves are very near to the camera.. The blueish tint to them makes me think they are from a backlit screen also which would be a mobile .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I'm not so sure it's a natural occurance... zooming in on the second image, there appears to be something in the orb...

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/110323/128498.jpg
    Alien Homid :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,676 ✭✭✭mondeo

I took the pics on my iphone, I was not behind a glass window when I took them. Thanks for the responses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

Maybe hes there to celebrate Arthurs day. :D:p

Looks like lens flare to me

Advertisement