Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refuse collection companies

Options
  • 22-09-2010 1:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

I've recently moved into a new rental house & need to sort out refuse collection. Thinking of signing up to Wiser Recycling...does anybody use them?? Or have any other recommendations??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

eoin99 wrote: »
    I've recently moved into a new rental house & need to sort out refuse collection. Thinking of signing up to Wiser Recycling...does anybody use them?? Or have any other recommendations??

I use Wiser and they are grand - always turn up. Have the standard black bin & Recycle bin. Comes with a small red box for glass. Never had an issue with them - if I have the red bottle bin full, after a party or something, I leave a bucket out with bottles and they always empty it.

Although I believe most of the companies are much of a muchness service wise. Could not comment on price differences.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

We have Green Star and they are great. Our landlord does sort the bins for us but I remember before checking them out for another place and they seemed to be the cheapest. It isnt pay by weight think you just pay yearly.. No problems with pick ups, they have a glass bin the same size as the regular bin tis great..They are a little slow on the admin side as in I requested new updated collection calendars serveral times talking to the same lady and she just did not get it, so just printed it off myself..So other than that they are great..

Me thinks Green Star and Wiser are the best ones

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭dextero

I have greenstar and I find them very good. I think they are one of the cheapest. You can pay by the month which is handy. They have a special offer for new customers on their website.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I;m with Country Clean and they were the cheapest for me.
    They also have just taken over from the City Council AFAIK
    Good service from them so far, dont know if the extra work will effect it though.
    We have a full size bin for glass which is handy and they do a free clothes collection too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

Been a customer of Greenstar in Glanmire for the last two years and there has never been an issue with billing or missed collections or anything. Full size refuse and recycling bins and a half size glass bin for about 25 quid a month. Possibly not the cheapest but good value in my opinion (compared to having to buy bin tags in the city centre a few years ago anyway).

And they do a text message every evening before collection to remind you to put out the bins. It's the little things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

Been a customer of Greenstar in Glanmire for the last two years and there has never been an issue with billing or missed collections or anything. Full size refuse and recycling bins and a half size glass bin for about 25 quid a month. Possibly not the cheapest but good value in my opinion (compared to having to buy bin tags in the city centre a few years ago anyway).

And they do a text message every evening before collection to remind you to put out the bins. It's the little things.

I really like the text to remind you to put out the bin's - that's a nice touch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

Having used them all, Greenstar are the most professional.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭masadjie

+1 for greenstar.

The text reminder is very useful for me. The price is also cheap compare to other. I pay for 265/year (~22 per month). Good price in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

kcb wrote: »
    Having used them all, Greenstar are the most professional.

Professional at leaving the bins across the drive way EVERY single time.
    I drove in home on wednesday and looked at all the bins coming in the estate...every single one of them was put back across a driveway forcing everyone to stop, get out of their car and move them before parking. They obviously do it deliberately. Keep meaning to ring them to complain but always forget.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Dont even think of Country clean. Wiser or Greenstar are ok. We live up a country road and Country clean wouldnt come up the road to collect the bins. The driver said the road was to narrow...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

There is two truck drivers living on the road that drive artics...

• Advertisement
Advertisement