Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VMware VCP scholarship

Options
  • 22-09-2010 1:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Heads up to anyone who wants to get in on the VCP scholarship. They aren't getting great numbers for it so if anyone is interested give VMware a shout.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Cant find too much about it. I assume it pays for the course?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

I was talking to a representative from VMware and he told me that this is essentially a WPP. You don't have to pay for the training (which costs around €2,500 to do) but you would be expected to work for 6/9 months in VMware in Cork for no salary.

It would be ideal for a Cork native who has very little experience as you get to work hands on alongside VMware engineers and the company train you up to VCP level. But for somebody that lives outside Cork and cannot afford to live on €196 per week it's not ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,040 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Where do i apply?

Call VMware on +353 21 466 0000 to enquire.

It's full

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

They still offering this?

Cork24 wrote: »
    They still offering this?
    think i posted above somewhere and they said no on that date....would like to do those exams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Similar topic, does anyone know where I can do the Desktop Fast Track [V4.5] course in Dublin ?

KTRIC wrote: »
    Similar topic, does anyone know where I can do the Desktop Fast Track [V4.5] course in Dublin ?
    have a look at what's on offer on testking....i'm thinking of doing it all myself after reading what they promise.

KTRIC wrote: »

New Horizons, Sure Skills & Commtech are the only VMware authorized training centres in Dublin so either of them would be your best bet.
    have a look at what's on offer on testking....i'm thinking of doing it all myself after reading what they promise.

Testking = Braindumping.

I'd strongly advice not to learn off the answers to exam questions to gain an IT certification. You will only be fooling yourself in the long run.

• Advertisement

Raekwon wrote: »
    New Horizons, Sure Skills & Commtech are the only VMware authorized training centres in Dublin so either of them would be your best bet.

Testking = Braindumping.

I'd strongly advice not to learn off the answers to exam questions to gain an IT certification. You will only be fooling yourself in the long run.
    I'm not so sure...companies charge a lot of cash for these courses and they can be below par are they not?

I'm not so sure...companies charge a lot of cash for these courses and they can be below par are they not?

Alot of the Microsoft courses, for example, are very expensive for what you get, which is usually a trainer going through the official course material, which you could do yourself for a fraction of the price.

In the case of VMware, you have to sit one of their courses then do the exam to get certified. If you just do the exam without doing a course they won't give you the certificate.

But the bottom line is that Testking is cheating, plan and simple, not to mention the fact that it seriously undervalues IT certification overall. They pretty much provide answers to questions that come up in IT exams, so people just learn the answers to exam questions without having learnt a single thing about the course then are totally screwed if they get a job off the back of their certificates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

correct,very ...correct !
    but,sometime,in the exams stage,you see Qs that has absolutely no connection with reality ! so,you need some form of "be aware" of the exams type !

Advertisement