Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scunthorpe United v Manchester United Match Thread

1235»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Well he's not short of confidence anyway!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

No Scunthorpe fans posting in here tonight?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

No Scunthorpe fans posting in here tonight?

They're all in the stadium ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Anyone else notice that Bebe runs just like Ronaldo?

Does Macheda actually know there is such a thing as offside?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

p_larkin99 wrote: »

Like up on his toes , does nani not do the same ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Quandary

I wonder is Bebe going to be the new ONE...

If he turns out half decent, he'll run all the way to Madrid.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

And more unorthodox goalkeeping from the PIG.
    Seems to be working though! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Is Forte on loan from a premier league club, he looks familiar?

Quandary wrote: »
    I wonder is Bebe going to be the new ONE...

We all know Mr Anderson is the The One

Liverpool drawing against Northampton at the minute. Might go over to that thread for a laugh. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭niallk

Loving the choice of squad number for 3e3é.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Like up on his toes , does nani not do the same ?

Kinda yeah but he's a lot more similar, the arms kinda out and he covers the ground real quick
    If he turns out half decent, he'll run all the way to Madrid.

I think hes just grateful he has a house (or insert some other homeless comment here)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Motm:

1. Owen
    2. Anderson
    3. Smalling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    Is Forte on loan from a premier league club, he looks familiar?

Think he's on loan from a hotel chain.

Motm
    1 owen
    2 smalling
    3 Anderson

MOTM;

Mr.Streaker.

Another goal conceded in injury time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Fair Play to smalling, he played great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,468 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

MotM votes can be entered here, those already posted in this thread won't be counted cause I am lazy....

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dE1CQzhqbjFHX1R1alNESUJ6TXZxRHc6MQ

As always, vote is open to all, but please don't dick around with the votes, vote sensibly or don't bother, please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

Was it just me or did Anderson look pretty good? I noticed he wasn't just squaring the ball every pass like most of last season and was being creative enough.

Macheda was terrible, I thought so anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Quandary

Valmont wrote: »
    Was it just me or did Anderson look pretty good? I noticed he wasn't just squaring the ball every pass like most of last season and was being creative enough.

I wouldnt say Macheda was terrible but he was below par anyway, aside from the assist ofc

Anderson got better as the match progressed. I thought he was only average in the first half really.

Sky Sports giving MOTM to Kuszczak! :eek:

He doesn't really want it at all :D

I see Chelsea finished 4-3 against the Toon. The Pool still struggling to put away the League two boys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Smalling is a great signing so far, imo.

In case he drops it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Valmont wrote: »

Agreed with both points.

Hard to judge against Scunthorpe but Anderson looks back to a half-decent level. Hopefully he'll get some game time the weekend to push him on a bit more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I see Chelsea finished 4-3 against the Toon. The Pool still struggling to put away the League two boys.

Citeh losing as well.

Fun night so far!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭jaykay74

The cameo from Bebe was promising. Daily Mail will have to find some other bull story to focus on tomorrow unless they go with "Bebe fails to score hattrick on Utd debut".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

MOTM
    1) Owen
    2) Smalling
    3) Anderson

Not a great performance tonight. A couple of positives tonight, Rio, Brown and Anderson all playing 90min. I thought Brown was poor overall attacking and in defense as was Gibson it was a chance for him to step up and make a mark and he failed. Chris Smalling was very impressive, he might have just jumped ahead of Evans in the first team pecking order. Anderson looked good tonight, he was always looking for the ball, running and tackling. It was nice to see Owen get a couple of goals as well, he had a smile on his face in the second half. I felt sorry for Javier, he was played out of position, hopefully that doesn't happen again. I was disappointed Eirkem didn't get on, hopefully in the next round we see him and maybe Bebe start who was daunted by the atmosphere at the ground, looked confident when given the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I see Chelsea finished 4-3 against the Toon.

Delighted after all their piss taking after the United/Pool match. Nothing to worry about this season they said wasn't it? LOL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Chelsea lost , Liverpool been held , City losing , Anderson back ,Bebe makes debut
    , could be a good night :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Is he crying?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Ah what. :rolleyes:

I voted Owen, Smalling, Anderson in that order. pig made a couple of flashy saves but was a comedy of errors otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Delighted after all their piss taking after the United/Pool match. Nothing to worry about this season they said wasn't it? LOL.

Who said that? I don't think Carling Cup was top of the list of Chelsea's priorities.

jaykay74 wrote: »
    The cameo from Bebe was promising. Daily Mail will have to find some other bull story to focus on tomorrow unless they go with "Bebe fails to score hattrick on Utd debut".

"Bebe makes debut as Fergie still refuses to watch him play".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Owen, Macheda, Hernandez, Smalling, Rio, Brown, Rafael, Gibson, Anderson, Park, Kusaczek, Obertan, Bebe... Plenty of players getting a run out and important minutes on the pitch in a decently competitive game.

Archimedes wrote: »
    Motm:

1. Owen
    2. Anderson
    3. Smalling
    Motm
    1 owen
    2 smalling
    3 Anderson
    Vanbis wrote: »
    MOTM
    1) Owen
    2) Smalling
    3) Anderson

MotM votes can be entered here, those already posted in this thread won't be counted cause I am lazy....

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dE1CQzhqbjFHX1R1alNESUJ6TXZxRHc6MQ

As always, vote is open to all, but please don't dick around with the votes, vote sensibly or don't bother, please.

Please use the linked form to enter MotM votes if you wish to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Kinda yeah but he's a lot more similar, the arms kinda out and he covers the ground real quick

I think hes just grateful he has a house (or insert some other homeless comment here)

FYI he was never homeless he was in an orphanage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭timetogetfit

did fergie never hear of sky+ , just noticed valencia are on sky sports 3

He's also tieing up the Ronaldo deal

killwill wrote: »
    FYI he was never homeless he was in an orphanage.

So, he didn't have a home.

Pity Banega isnt playing tonight, Fergie should sign him up in the summer! I can guarantee he would be perfect for United!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Pity Banega isnt playing tonight, Fergie should sign him up in the summer! I can guarantee he would be perfect for United!!!

He will get to see him first hand when we play them in the Champions league next :) which is going to be a tough game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I woudn't listen to monkey. And anyway them posts are talking about the league? What would Chelsea getting knocked out of the Carling Cup have to do with that.

Liverpool losing 1-2 now.

This night can't get any better.

Oh, wait.. it just has. West Brom have beaten City!

Johner wrote: »
    I woudn't listen to monkey. And anyway them posts are talking about the league? What would Chelsea getting knocked out of the Carling Cup have to do with that.

They were talking about United being on the way down. I don't like knee-jerk reactions like that. Just because a team underperforms doesn't mean they are finished. Chelsea had a bad day at the office too but few people will be writing them off.

Vanbis wrote: »
    He will get to see him first hand when we play them in the Champions league next :) which is going to be a tough game.

No he wont, he's out for about another 2 weeks with a sprained ankle, no chance of him making that game... Cant wait for it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Good win in the end, but Scunthorpe werent half afraid to have a shot on target were they. Could and should have been a lot closer, some clinical finishing by Owen and co. though

• Advertisement
Advertisement