Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Xbox slim touch sensitive buttons!

• 22-09-2010 2:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭

Yup playing the halo reach on legendary right at the last 2 guys i have to kill after playing the same level for 2 hours at least!

xbox controller battery goes so ive one beside the xbox, reach over to get it and my arm ever so gently, unbeleivably gently, pretty sure it was even just my sleve.... goes infront of the xbox and manages to hit the eject button...

never saved it, as you know to save it in halo the only option is it to save and quit, i didnt intend on quitting, would have liked to save it without quitting indeed but figured id 2 guys left it would auto save it in less than 2 minutes and say level complete!

SO save regularly even if its hassle and stay the fck away from the new xbox mid game

its not the first time i accidently hit the buttons but ffs this time was unbelevably annoying

/ragerant

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

I feel your pain :(

Stupidly sensitive buttons :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Save your game (disc) to the HDD instead, then it shouldn't be an issue AFAIK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Jev/N wrote: »
    Save your game (disc) to the HDD instead, then it shouldn't be an issue AFAIK

Disc still needs to be in the tray to play the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭grimm2005

calex71 wrote: »
    Disc still needs to be in the tray to play the game.

true, but if it gets ejected mid game I don't think it makes a difference. I think it spins for about 2 seconds as the game is launching, just to make sure that it is the correct disc and then just sits in the drive doing nothing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Pretty sure that pressing eject while playing a game still quits even if you've installed the game...

The only valid solution here is for you to give me your piece of crap slim with the stupid touch sensitive buttons (don't worry, I'll still take it off your hands for nothing) then you can buy my elite for cost price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

tman wrote: »
    Pretty sure that pressing eject while playing a game still quits even if you've installed the game...

The only valid solution here is for you to give me your piece of crap slim with the stupid touch sensitive buttons (don't worry, I'll still take it off your hands for nothing) then you can buy my elite for cost price.

That's a good deal op i'd advise you to take it while that super generous offer is there!:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

It's in the post already!

another 2.5 hours later i was back where i was and literally was seconds away from finishing the level! friggin annoying, whats wrong with normall buttons!

theres actually a normal button to configure controllers to the device, nothing wrong with normal buttons

and yeah you still need the disc when its on the HDD, whats the point in putting it on the HDD if you need the disc, is it just faster loading times?

Hmm seems you're right, doesn't matter if game is loaded onto the HDD. Suppose it makes sense!

The reason I load my games is that the Xbox runs quieter and games load faster, also it's handy in case they get scratched.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Faster load times (especially for Halo Reach apparently) and quieter operation.
    The slim is supposed to be a good bit quieter anyway, so I guess in your case it'd just be for faster load times

tman wrote: »
    The slim is supposed to be a good bit quieter anyway, so I guess in your case it'd just be for faster load times

It's even better with the games loaded, even on the slim- literally whisper-quiet then! I've often left it on for awhile without even knowing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 978 ✭✭✭AceCard Jones

Yeah if you eject the disc when it's installed it will still quit you out. reason you still need the disc even with the game installed is just DRM, they don't want people loaning each other games installing them and then giving them back or trading them in etc. Benefits of this are faster loading times and less wear and tear on the optical drive.

On the note of the touch sensitive buttons I've opened the tray mid game myself before when after noticing an obvious hair on the front top of the console I wiped across with my finger and accidentally touched eject. I've never been able to turn it on/off eject etc with clothing etc only with pressing it myself. You must have just been unlucky. At least you knew what to do in the level the second time. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Yeah if you eject the disc when it's installed it will still quit you out. reason you still need the disc even with the game installed is just DRM, they don't want people loaning each other games installing them and then giving them back or trading them in etc. Benefits of this are faster loading times and less wear and tear on the optical drive.

On the note of the touch sensitive buttons I've opened the tray mid game myself before when after noticing an obvious hair on the front top of the console I wiped across with my finger and accidentally touched eject. I've never been able to turn it on/off eject etc with clothing etc only with pressing it myself. You must have just been unlucky. At least you knew what to do in the level the second time. :)

ah yeah sure i completed the level on heroic already, but legendary is just annoying in halo! almost done now, + i loaded the game onto the HDD for the fun of it, might aswell it does have tonnes of space after all!

Advertisement