Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forge Map Testing

• 22-09-2010 8:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭

One of the main selling points for me for Halo Reach was the forge. I tried making maps in Halo 3 and they were quite pants as I did not have the patience, know how and budget to make any good maps. The past few days I have been messing around with forge and this is my first attempt at one. I haven't properly tested this map so I would appreciate all the feedback ye can give if ye want to test it out as I want to improve it. Let me know what ye think.

Drop and Chute [beta]
    "A multi-level map that encourages movement, Drop and Chute is designed for Slayer and Headhunter. All feedback welcome -CORaven"
    Screenshot.ashx?fid=2251075&size=medium

Things of note:
    • The map is slightly based of a Metroid Prime Hunters map "Headshot", but it is Halo-ised in my opinion.
    • The map is not complete. There is some flaws with it, some slight alignments need to be made. I need to identify them all.
    • There are only 2 external platforms. I am unsure if I will change it to 4. I need to see if I can afford it after fixes, completions and I would rather make the map look more pleasing first.
    • Spawns may need work.
    • The slopes are there so that skulls are meant to roll down them. Hopefully the do.
    • All constructive feedback welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Looking Good.. Here is a few things i noticed at first glance.

1. Those two towers have only one access route, which would allow teams to shotgun/sword camp in one of the towers once they take the lead. (if team slayer/headhunter is an option).

2. There are two little ledges that one can jump down to, but cannot get away from ( unless a jetpack is used). These are located at the bottom of the map, in a similar position to where the man cannons to the towers are but on the other two edges.

3. Its a small enough man so dont put in to many power weapons. Maybe sniper/sword... or if its a free for all map only. maybe sword/rockets (with only 2 rounds)

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

1) The fact that there is no sword or shotgun in the map prevents this. However, I may include CQB weapons. If I did, do you think that the reduction in cover and the current level of long range weapons would be a deterrent of camping on the platforms?

2) They were meant to be man cannons to other ledges to mirror the map it is based off (four ledges: North, West, East and South). However, budget restrictions meant I had to choose between two ledges and a polished map or a more historically correct map with four with flaws.
    I might open the ledges to the 'basement' so that you can get from the 'main level' to the 'basement' in an alternate way. If I do so, it could prevent power weapon camping in the basement's choke point.

3) Yeah, I'm not a fan of power weapons so rockets will not be appearing on the default. Saying that, it would be a fun map for rockets and jetpacks only :D
    The sniper riffle will be too overpowered in headhunter due 4 of 5 the nodes being so open. You can camp 2 at a time from the one spot.
    I might place a few DMRs on the top floor, some assault riffles with the health packs when I'm fixing out there.

Is there any guns that people enjoy using that are not:
    AR, DMR, Plasma Rifle, Needler rifle, Pistol, Sword, Shotgun, Sniper

Advertisement