Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Back to the Future Headed to XBox 360

• 22-09-2010 8:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭

Sometimes, I type in crazy things to Google, in the hope that someone is planning on developing a game specifically with me in mind. I figured it would be fantastic, unbelievable, to have the developers of Monkey Island make a BTTF game. And guess what? It's actually happening....

back-to-the-future-the-adventure-series-20100904060002098_640w.jpg

UPDATE: Christopher Lloyd has been confirmed as the voice of Doc Brown and rumours persist to say Thomas F Wilson WILL be the voice of Biff, no word yet on Michael J Fox, but fingers crossed he may lend his voice talents...he has a guest spot coming up on a show in the US next month so he's not completely done with acting
    Telltale Games announced it has signed a multi-year, two-title deal with Universal Partnerships & Licensing to develop games from the Back to the Future and Jurassic Park properties.

The first title to be released under this agreement will be a Telltale Games "season" game based off the Back to the Future films. The game is scheduled for release this winter, followed shortly by Jurassic Park.

"Our partnership with Universal is an exciting next step in our continued growth as a mass-market games publisher and developer," said Dan Connors, CEO of Telltale Games. "We are all huge fans of both of these franchises."

"For Back to the Future and Jurassic Park we will leverage Telltale's expertise in story-telling and game design to deliver on the unique elements of each series with our goal being to create compelling cinematic adventures paying homage to each franchise," Connors added.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I'd buy that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

That was announced a few months ago at E3, I think. They are doing another series alongside BttF, Jurassic Park if I recall correctly.

I enjoyed the first S+M games. Haven't played the MI ones as they aren't on Xbox Live (which is strange consider Wallace and Gromit and Sam and Max are).

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭qbhod

Last i heard this wasn't 100% confirmed for 360 but other consoles were. I'm not sure what's going on.
    Telltale still have to release the Tales of Monkey Island Collection too:mad: like they did on PS3 & Wii, still waiting to hear about that, i even got the guys on SentUAMessage to ask for me!
    On the plus side though they were giving away the first episode of BTF for the PC for free last i checked,(a code for when it's due out) might still be on the TellTale site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭Gooch2k4

chrislad wrote: »
    That was announced a few months ago at E3, I think. They are doing another series alongside BttF, Jurassic Park if I recall correctly.

I enjoyed the first S+M games. Haven't played the MI ones as they aren't on Xbox Live (which is strange consider Wallace and Gromit and Sam and Max are).

Erm yes..they are.. i have them both on my 360

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

micheal j fox is not marty mcfly some other fella is dont know his name there is a thimg on the telltale site about it

• Advertisement

Gooch2k4 wrote: »
    Erm yes..they are.. i have them both on my 360

You have the original Monkey Island games that were remastered, not the ones that Telltale games released in the past 2 years or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭Gooch2k4

oh yeah those dont count... >_>

Gooch2k4 wrote: »
    oh yeah those dont count... >_>

Not really when the thread is about Telltale Games, who are bringing BttF and Jurassic Park to consoles, and whose other current games (Sam and Max, Wallace and Gromit) are available on Xbox Live already. I merely pointed out that it was unusual that their other game series, Tales of Monkey Island, wasn't out on Live (just Wii and PC). The original Monkey Island games have nothing to do with Telltale Games, other than sharing an IP.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tales_of_Monkey_Island

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭qbhod

Yea it's also nearly been 10 years since Escape From MI was released, making the new Telltale ones one of my most anticipated sequels ever

Advertisement