Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carter's Helmet avatar award

Options
  • 22-09-2010 9:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

Ok, so for those of you who don't know, there's an insanely easy way to complete a level on Legendary without dying.

Start up the level "Winter Contingency" on Legendary and play through the way you normally would, dying doesn't make a difference.

When you get to the last part, with Kat working on the door, save and quit, then resume campaign. The system will forget you died and once you finish this part without dying you'll get the avatar award!

Happy hunting :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

Sounds too good to be true. But I'll still check it out after work.

Has anyone else got this to work?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Batmantastic

I did it just last night after reading it in other forums. Just forwarding on what I found and confirmed to work. I thought it was too good to be true myself, but I finished it pretty quickly, you can just chill back in the room while Kat fixes the door, occasionally popping out to kill some grunts and jackals. Once she closes the door and you head inside, it's easy enough to get through as it's mostly grunts. For the sword-wielding elite, bring a plasma pistol and a DMR, overcharge his shields and pop him in the head. Easy unlock then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Worked like a charm , I was starting my Legendary play through and decided to try this and it worked first time.

Clover wrote: »
    Worked like a charm , I was starting my Legendary play through and decided to try this and it worked first time.

Awesome :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Yup it works, and on any level. Think i got it on tip of the spear when i done it.

• Advertisement

Sweet. I'll give this a shot when I get home so.
    Yup it works, and on any level. Think i got it on tip of the spear when i done it.
    Care to explain how it works on any level? I'm confused.

just before you end the level, tip of the spear it's the top level of he big thing, you save and exit, then go to resume campeign. finish it and don't die.

just before you end the level, tip of the spear it's the top level of he big thing, you save and exit, then go to resume campeign. finish it and don't die.
    Oh thanks. I think I get it now, my brain still hasn't kicked in today. Just play as far as the last checkpoint, save and quit, finish without dying.

yup thats it. I'm sporting emele's helmet at the mintute, much cooler!

yup thats it. I'm sporting emele's helmet at the mintute, much cooler!

I'm awaiting UPC to deliver broadband before I can get that, it looks SO slick!

• Advertisement

It's ossum :) definately the one most people will throw on I'd say

It's ossum :) definately the one most people will throw on I'd say

Got the broadband sorted, and got this and Kat's helmet in my first game :D LOVE the online, can't see why there's loads of people in other forums complaining about being banned for betrayals, it's actually ridiculously easy not to betray anyone. Or maybe I'm just not that sadistic :rolleyes:

Advertisement