Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setanta Sports

Options
  • 22-09-2010 9:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭

I rang this shower in aug and asked to cancel my account with immediate effect. i asked that they waive their 30 day notice period as i felt that they were in breach of their t&c as they never sent me an opt out reminder as part of the promotion i joined under.

i was chancing my arm and was told that i would have to write in order to get this waiver, so i did......

noticed today that another payment had gone though and rang to be told that my letter had arrived that day AFTER the payment due date and that the 30 days notice only started then. however i was told that i could have given my notice over the phone. now hers the thing when i rang them i said i wanted to close my account with immediate effect so immediate that i didnt want to wait 30 days.

seemingly telling them that you want to close your account straight away is not giving notice !!!!

you couldnt make it up.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭bongi69

Write to your bank branch outlining the issue, and provide them copies of correspondence to setanta asking to cancel your account. They might be able to reverse the direct debit.

FYI, as told to me by a bank employee I know, whenever canceling a service that is paid by DD, always write to your branch on the same day as writing to the company, and include a copy of the cancellation letter to cancel the direct debit agreement.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

No copies of correspondence, the only letter was the one which they said they recieved the day after the payment day.

the crux of the problem is the fact that the phone conversation that i had didnt start the 30 day clock.

telling them that you want to close your account immediatley is not the same as giving them 30 days notice of closing your account.

Advertisement