Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone have early prgnancy symptons??

• 22-09-2010 10:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi There,
    I am new to this forum and to the whole TTC thing as me and my husband have just recently decided to start trying for a baby. I know that it can take a while to get pregnant, but i just wanted to ask a few questions about what early symptons can be?

We recently had unprotected sex and i think i ovulated about 3 or 4 days later - i have heard that u can conceive if u have had sex up to 5 days before ovulation, but i know chances are probably slim.

Anyway i know my mind is probably taking over here but just wanted to ask if anyone has had these symptons in early pregnancy as i am still too early to take a pregnancy test

I have had alot of CM discharge in the past week which has been quite thick and sticky (i dont usually get an awful lot) - sorry if too much info! also i have been feeling very bloated in my lower stomach, and have had a lot of gas. I had cramps (like period cramps) during the week, and in the mornings i havent really felt sick, but have woke up with hunger type pains a couple fo mornings.

I had my period on 1/9, we had sex on 11/9 and i think i ovulated on the 14 or 15/9. My cycle is usally 28-30 days long and im regular.

I feel tired all the time - but then again, i always do!!

i know this is prob vague and also that maybe im just thinkign about it too much, but any comments would be gratefully recieved.

Many Thanks smile.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 HerbertGirl

Hi buttercup_82!

In my opinion I think it would be too early to get any symptoms at all, I know I didnt and either did my sister when she was PG... but thats not to say that it doesnt happen... it may have just been me!

Unfortunately the only way to know for sure is to wait and take a test... If you're anything like me, I was so impatient, i kept taking the early detection ones (first response I think they're called), but I was taking them too early i think and was getting negatives. So apart from being a waste of money, I was getting very disheartened. If I was to do it all over again I'd wait until a day or two after my period's due before taking it.

Such an exciting time buttercup_82 and I have my fingers crossed for you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 buttercup_82

ah thanks HerbertGirl :)

Yeah i think its too early also and i do think my mind is just going into overdrive since we have only started trying, but just needed the reassurance :)

i dont want to get stressed about the whole thing, just want to take it in my stride, so not even gonna think about testing unless my period is late.

but it is such an exciting time, your right! so just gonna take it easy, stay positive, and hope for the best! :) thanks again :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Pregnancy symptoms can begin as early as the day of conception if you are very sensitive to your body and what it might be telling you!

For me, I knew there was something up within a few days of conception as I could neither drink wine or tea! I was also very bloated and developed an uber strong sense of smell! Chocolate suddenly smelt rotten! You know there is something not quite right when the 3 best things in the world are suddenly not agreeing with you.

Most of the early pregnancy symptoms are much like premenstrual symptoms (sore boobs, bloating, emotional) When you start TTC you suddenly start noticing things that you may never have noticed before, and unfortunately this can sometimes make you think 'ooh, this is new!! Maybe...'

Don't start testing until the day your period is due, and use a first response as they are the most sensitive. I don't think the digital ones are great so avoid them.

Good luck and let us know how you get on!! :D

Thanks Crazy Cat lady!

I am really really bloated, but now that we are TTC, im trying to think, did i always feel this way at a certain time of the month??! its mad because i know when you start this whole thing, its so easy to starting looking into every single thing your body does!

I havent had the sore boobs thing which i know seems to be the biggest indicator, but like u said - i am determined not to test unless i am late. i really dont think i will be late though, as i know what im like and prob am thinking about things too much!! :) but its good to know that u can get some symptons so soon. I know that if i started feeling sick at the thought of chocolate that somethign would defo be up!!! :)

thanks for your comment and i will keep u posted :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭mrsberries

I had symptoms from a week after conception! Had sore breasts, tiredness and a bit of nausea. I just knew I was pregnant but I think if you think too hard about it you could start to imagine them also....

As mentioned just wait a few weeks to test!! Good luck :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

First month we tried I thought I had loads of early symptoms and got my period on time. The 2nd month no early symptoms, was a bit woozy and lightheaded when my period was due and took a clear blue test when I was 1 day late and it was positive. That month I promised myself I'd calm down about the whole thing as I was tormenting myself and realistically the ttcing could've gone on for 6 months or more.

Sometimes we want to see the symptoms so much that we convince ourselves. My advice is wait until your period is due and then test. You'll drive youself insane otherwise; I know I did that 1st month. I read that advice on another website and it was spot on. 3 weeks every month is a long time to be on knicker watch and pimping for signs.

'knicker watch' :D

yeah i agree - and i know that i am definitely one for thinkign abiut things all the time!!! :) thanks, how strange!

and thanks mrs berries also, its good to know that there is a spossibility of there being early signs.

think i am going to try and put it out of my head now and relax, and hope for the best! :)

xo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 MzFit

I had symptoms right from the start, such that I know with pretty high confidence the day I conceived. I had lower abdominal cramps about once a day which were similar to gas pains; my senses all became heightened too. I had this gut feeling that I was pregnant but it was too early for anything to show up on the test. Nevertheless I took it anyway, of course it was negative at that stage.

Fast forward about 2 or 3 weeks, I start realising that I'm late. Two tests both positive at this stage. Now at one week post-testing (close to 6 weeks gestation) I feel heavy, almost like a constipated feeling. Tender boobs, the slightest of nausea prompted by drinking tea (boo!). The tiredness is dramatic; I'm almost unable to tolerate heels anymore. Senses are heightening more and more, particularly my sense of touch. Pain is heightened but also pleasurable feelings. I've also been having some gas :p

As for tests, go with First Response, with Clearblue as the backup. Good luck! :)

hey girls - so i took a test last fri but it was negative

then forgot all about it and just randomly did a test last nite and it was positive!!! i used First Response Early Resul, then we went out and bought a digital clearblue one which also came back positive, saying 2-3 weeks!

going to the docs 2nite so hopefully they will confirm it also. if i really am, i cant believe it!!! :) xo

• Advertisement

p.s. thanks Mzfit :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

That's fantastic Buttercup, the exact same thing happened to me.. Did an early First Resposne one a few days before my period was due and it was Neg.. Then period was 1 day late, did a Clearblue and BINGO :D

Congrats and best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 hairyhippo

hiya,

Got good advice on this forum a few weeks back, go on Ebay and buy 50 Ovulation Test (hopefully you wont need them) & Pregnancy Test Kits for between 5-10 euro, which is really cheap compared to any Chemist here.

In relation to pregnancy symptoms, i think everyone is different, i was extremely tired, breast had protruding blue veins and were very tender.

Best of luck!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Congrats Buttercup!

Congratulations :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 MzFit

Wonderful news, delighted for you Buttercup! :D

Advertisement