Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Chinese Restaurant across from Dunphy's shop

Options
  • 22-09-2010 10:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi there,

would anybody know the name or have the phone number of the new Chinese please ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭deisemum

It's the Imperial Garden - 051-857818 and 051-583690

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

Who owns it, are they from Limerick?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

wellboy76 wrote: »
    Who owns it, are they from Limerick?

China id say :D

Nah seriously i think they were somewhere else in town and they just moved out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭Bards

I Heard it's Johnny Fan

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Looked to be quite busy the other night when I was passing. It looks to be a big place too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Tis very nice. Their Satay is lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

China id say :D

Nah seriously i think they were somewhere else in town and they just moved out there?

OH!!! :p

Was only wondering, there was a company from Limerick fitting it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭burkey85

Tis a nice place and the food is lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭munster_mafia

Same crowd as the place out in dunmore.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭deisemum

The decor is very like a chinese restaurant in London's Chinatown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Imperial Garden it's called and it's lovely.

They have buffet lunches there on Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays (I think) between 12 and 3 - €12.50 pp and you can refill your plate as much as you like!

Staff are really nice and friendly too.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭dermo909

Its a good chinese. I love spicy food and strangely enough for our irish tastes they know exactly what to do with chilli. I normally get a szechuan of some sort and its usually mildly spicy but the one from there is absolutely atomic. Lovely :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

What is the name of that chinese restaurant on the cork road near manor apartments, looks nice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Do you need to make a booking if you want a sit in?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I doubt it these days but it couldn't hurt.

threads merged :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Why cant there be an authentic chinese in Waterford instread of the usual Irish-Chinese crap they serve up. That's gone out with the video player at this stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Cause all irish people want are chicken balls and chips.

I quite like that Chinese I must say. Their lunch menu I find fairly decent value. There really isn't a knockout best chinese in Waterford. If you asked 10 people their favorite I'd say you'd nearly get 10 different answers. While for Indian for example most people would say Goa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Blue Dreamer

New Indian in parnell st called Little India being run by ex head chef in goa. Very good prices and really nice fella running it. I was invited to the opening and couldnt reccommend this place highly enough absolutely super food. hope its a success for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

mozattack wrote: »
    Why cant there be an authentic chinese in Waterford instread of the usual Irish-Chinese crap they serve up. That's gone out with the video player at this stage

What would you like to eat?

New Indian in parnell st called Little India being run by ex head chef in goa. Very good prices

I saw their briyani is €11 each.. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

City Chicken ftw

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭puppetmaster

Cause all irish people want are chicken balls and chips.
    I love authentic Asian food, and am sick of bland Irish Chinese, bait jasus I'd ate a bag of chicken balls through a letterbox right now!! (check time posted)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

My chineese friend eats there, although she asked for the chineese menu, and asked to speak to the chef so they know where shes from and what shes use to.

She also told us that alot of whats written in chineese menus doesnt make sense and the combinations arent really chineese.

My chineese friend eats there, although she asked for the chineese menu, and asked to speak to the chef so they know where shes from and what shes use to.

She also told us that alot of whats written in chineese menus doesnt make sense and the combinations arent really chineese.
    They could be Chinese though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafa1977

wellboy76 wrote: »
    OH!!! :p

Was only wondering, there was a company from Limerick fitting it out.

Fitting it?? Robbing it more like!! :D

Advertisement