Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

U2 in Paris 2010

• 22-09-2010 10:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hello all,

I was lucky enough to shoot U2 in Paris this weekend and here are some of the shots. My apologies if there are too many here, I will include a link to the rest on flickr too.

5003427161_a6a61b2516_z.jpg

5006153295_d20fe05524_z.jpg

5004038476_5c139d500c_z.jpg

5004035238_1179020465_z.jpg

5006150689_0316cfa426_z.jpg

5003428783_15bcc61aa9_z.jpg

The rest of the set can be found here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/peterneill/sets/72157624862698699/

Pete

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,269 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

some great stuff there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

out of this world, first one is epic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

lOVING THE SECOND LAST SHOT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭gizzymo

Thanks guys! :)
    Quick question, thinking of selling some as canvases, think people would be interested, if they are fairly priced, i.e. not rip off prices ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

gizzymo wrote: »
    Quick question, thinking of selling some as canvases, think people would be interested, if they are fairly priced, i.e. not rip off prices ?

Would you need the pictures to be licensed for that?

• Advertisement

They are, I have that agreement with U2, i negotiated the terms of my press pass, I was going to be paid for taking photos, but instead wanted rights to sell some :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭Smokeyskelton

Congratulations,

I like all of them, but the B&W ones are particularly great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,027 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Great photos!! Who were you shooting the gig for?

I was shooting for Amp Visual, company owned by Steve Averill and Sean McGrath, U2's visual designers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

the last 3 are spectacular. The last one would make a great poster with a U2 graphic across the top/middle. 3rd last would make a great print, pity The Edge is a silhouetted but it kind of works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Visuelle

Fantastic set, great job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Great photos. what equipment and settings were you using?

first and 2nd last are my favourites.

I was using a 5D MkII and a 70-200 2.8 L IS

I also used a sigma 15mm, but i have not worked on those shots yet, only got back last night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

as much as i'm not into their music, and as much as i think bono is a self serving egotistical twat of the highest order, these are amaaaazing. specially the first one. really, really, really, amazing!!!!! :)

Wow artyeva,

Thanks!

see you are from Mayo? I grew up in Crossmolina.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

i know! yeah, i'm just down [over? back?] the road in bangor :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

I love the two B&W's. Great stuff.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,269 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

the first one could do with some photoshopping - PS some vomit in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭theboat

Cracking photos altogether! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭IamBlip

Great captures well done, I had a look at your Flickr too, your photos dont have a watermark and are posted full size, seriously I think some people would be interested so you might want to protect your interest.

• Advertisement

Thanks IamBlip,

Appreciate you taking the time to post that. I have been wondering is there a program to auto watermark all my images curently on flickr, without me needing to re-upload them all.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

Excellent photos, would kill for an opertunity like that, i reckon if you found the right outlet you could sell some maybe to some sole trader owned music shops or the like.

Class Shots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

I don't like U2 but those are nice shots. They look very modern (not a bad thing) when I compare them to some of the 60s stuff I like.

You could try Captain Americas? Don't they have a policy of buying Irish art of musicians. (I think I heard that somewhere.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

I really like the 2nd last one - standout for me - i think if you get just one great from a gig you have done well - so respect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Gax

I love U2 and these photos are banging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭denisor

Gizzymo, stand back there and take a bow, well done you have taken some fantastic pictures, yes you should consider selling them, they are that good, but be sure to run it by your employer, my expierience is telling me that you may earn more by keeping them off market. they may not appreciate you licking the cream, even if cream always rises to the top......You have a talant sir. PM me your details when you have time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 almedajohnson

OMG. That's really cool. The pics looks live. I feel to go in the concert. :)

Thanks all of you for the great feedback :)

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭hoganpoly

Cracking shots op ,real icons of our time caught perfectly..very envious of you:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭IamBlip

Thanks IamBlip,

Appreciate you taking the time to post that. I have been wondering is there a program to auto watermark all my images curently on flickr, without me needing to re-upload them all.....

I dont think there is a program to auto-watermark pictures already uploaded to Flickr, but there are many programs that can auto watermark files prior to upload. Do a search re: watermarks for the type of PP software you use.

Not a fan of watermarks myself and have never used them but then again I dont have commerically attractive photos either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭pbt20

Great shots, thanks for sharing

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭eeyore2502

Not really a fan of U2 but they are some great pictures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭Adriatic

Regardless of who they are, great shots!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭squareballoon

wow just saw these and they blew me away. Really fantastic!

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭irish147

top class images:)

Advertisement