Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub quiz in Kilkenny

Options
  • 22-09-2010 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

Just wondering is there any pub quiz on in Kilkenny ona regular basis?

T

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

The Nore Bar used to do them regularly, not sure now though.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭terencemc

Does anyone else know if this is still going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭KKMusicalSoc

Don't know about The Nore Bar quizzes, but Kilkenny Musical Society will be holding a table quiz on Monday 18th October in Langton's.

All are welcome, 20 euro for a team of 4. And don't worry if you haven't got a full team, we'll put teams together on the night- and we promise there will be very few musical questions, it's a normal table quiz!!

We'll have a few prizes on offer as well, so do come along, should be good craic!

Cool, do you know what time it starts at?

Sorry yeah I should have included that info! It's on at 8!

• Advertisement

hey just wondering if this quiz is going ahead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

According to their facebook page, it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 knocktopher85

There is a table quiz in Christy's Pub (all welcome)
    Teams of 4 or less
    20 euro per team
    Winner takes all
    Its a warm up for the Rehab Quiz
    For a Table call Christy's 0567762359
    Friday 29th October at 9.30

terencemc wrote: »
    hey just wondering if this quiz is going ahead?

Hi- yep still going ahead, hope as many as possible can make it!

Cheers for the info on the quiz...was quite enjoyable despite all the musical questions !

• Advertisement

terencemc wrote: »
    Cheers for the info on the quiz...was quite enjoyable despite all the musical questions !

Haha! Sorry about that- I suppose a few of those were inevitable given it was for a musical society, but if it's any consolation, a lot of our members were stuck on those ones too!

Thanks to yourself and to anyone else who came along, it was good fun!!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Daisygirl

Charity Novelty Table Quiz in the Village Inn on Friday 19th November being held by Kilkenny City Macra in aid of Cystic Fibrosis.

All Welcome!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Dohertys on Friary Street, Wednesday night 9pm.

Cool, is that a weekly one or a once off?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Once off job I would think

From their facebook:
    Dohertys Bar Kilkenny we,re going to see how it goes . hope to do 1 once a month!!!!!!!3 hours ago · LikeUnlike

48655_100001640663622_13_q.jpgDohertys Bar Kilkenny ‎2 on a team £10 a team

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

I stand corrected

Billy Byrnes:
    TABLE QUIZ followed by music from CLEVELAND MIKE... IN AID OF CYSTIC FIBROSIS.. FRIDAY NIGHT BILLY BYRNES 20 euro per table of 4... Lots of prizes to be won

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭m4rkiz

I've heard that one is due this Wednesday (10th) in Playwright, not sure about details though.

Keep 'em coming...Not much happening quiz wise down in Carlow

• Advertisement

Ryans bar, Dec 13 at 21h30 in aid of the Susie Long Hospice Fund.

Kilkenny Musical Society are holding another Table Quiz, following the success of the last one we held in October!!

It will be on in Langton's again (who we can't thank enough for all their help), on Wednesday, 2nd March at 8pm. 20 euro for a team of 4.

We'll have some great prizes on offer, should be another good night!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Thx1182

The Nore bar near Greens Bridge have table quizzes on a tuesday night cant remember the time will check next time i am walking past (which is fairly often i live around the corner :D )

Just bumping this up to remind people about the Table Quiz in Langton's tomorrow night, 8pm!

Don't worry if you don't have a team, we'll throw a few folks together!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

might want to delay that start time if you want decent numbers - the arsenal barca match is on at that time. it will attract more nuetral and casual viewers than your average champions league game.

only thing is it'll be near 10 by the time thats over so i gues you're between the devil and the deep blue sea on that one.

start late people who've work in the morning not going to want to enter - start early miss out on your football fans.

so yeah all the best with that one :p

shame i wouldnt mind going mesnef but i want to see the match too!

Damn.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Wrong week ayatollah.. that Champions League match is next week (Tuesday 8th).
    Tomorrow it's FA Cup for Arsenal...

Wednesday, 2 March 2011
    The FA Cup
    Arsenal v Leyton Orient, R5R, 19:45

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

Licksy wrote: »
    Wrong week ayatollah.. that Champions League match is next week (Tuesday 8th).
    Tomorrow it's FA Cup for Arsenal...

Wednesday, 2 March 2011
    The FA Cup
    Arsenal v Leyton Orient, R5R, 19:45

awh nice one - glad to be wrong for a change - i'll try muster a team together so!

Good stuff, hope you come along so!

We've a few lads who wouldn't want to be missing Champions League games either so I'm sure I would've been informed by said angry men about it- glad to hear they don't clash... I always forget about matches during the week!!:o

Hope we've a good turn out- we're officially launching our show on Thursday so there's no going back now... we need the funding!!!

Watch out for our posters and fliers for "The Hired Man" which will be going up all around Kilkenny over the next few weeks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Deathwish4

I hope Lawrence and his crew from Trivia shows up. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement