Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Controller Sensitivity

Options
  • 22-09-2010 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭

Just curious as to what controller sensitivity everyone uses here?

I use 7 myself.

Can't stand the lower sensitivity because it feels like I'm turning a truck; reactions need to be fast in Halo. If they're not, you die.

What controller sensitivity do you use? 39 votes

0% 0 votes
    17% 7 votes
    5% 2 votes
    10% 4 votes
    15% 6 votes
    7% 3 votes
    15% 6 votes
    10% 4 votes
    15% 6 votes
    2% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Batmantastic

I've yet to take it online, but for campaign I've been using 8, started on 6 but that was too slow, might need to ramp it up to 10 for MP though, I'll have to wait and see when I get broadband sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

I generally set it to the max in any shooting game and drop it if its too fast for me.

10 still feels a tad slow in reach tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

7 seems a bit slow for me in Reach... but anything higher means sniper is a bitch to control when scoped..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

7 is awful slow but anything higher is a bit too jumpy for my liking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 bonkeyfonkey

I think 3 is perfect in order to have a steady DMR!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

i'm on 10 in reach, 6 was plenty in 3 though, why was there such a difference i wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Saggateron

i didn't realise there was a setting lower than ten. lol:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Saggateron wrote: »
    i didn't realise there was a setting lower than ten. lol:)
    dont lie, you had to change it when you bought the game... -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

7 is perfect, 10 is too quick for steady sniping in my opinion. I used 10 in 3 though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Phlebas_D

I generally find that if the sensitivity is too high I swing past my targets too easily, though I guess with a bit of practice I could improve

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭manic mailman

I use 3 (but i'm a fairly rubbish/mediocre/ player in halo) What tips/tricks would people suggest to be to improve my aim should i whack up the sensitivity? 10 seems insane, fair play to those who use it!

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

Put the sensitivity up gradually, working your way up to what ever level you wish, i prefer 7 since sniping/dmr'ing isn't very good at 10.

I use 3 (but i'm a fairly rubbish/mediocre/ player in halo) What tips/tricks would people suggest to be to improve my aim should i whack up the sensitivity? 10 seems insane, fair play to those who use it!

Lash it up to ten and play through a few missions on campaign (legendary) and you'll get used to it its the only way to play and if you want to use the DMR then you'll just need more time to get used to it. it works the best as you can turn around as fast as you can react.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Smartly Dressed

Saggateron wrote: »
    Lash it up to ten and play through a few missions on campaign (legendary) and you'll get used to it its the only way to play and if you want to use the DMR then you'll just need more time to get used to it. it works the best as you can turn around as fast as you can react.

Bad advice...

If you want to win regularly on Reach, the DMR/Need rifle has to be your foundation. That means you need consistent and accurate aim.

What good is turning around quickly if you can't land a single shot? Besides, with Reach you really want to avoid close encounters and put your self in advantageous positions where you can lay down accurate shots.

Whatever your DMR is most accurate on, 3 for me, stick with that.

hey im just sayin what works well for me is all and i prefer CQC i dont like snipers who camp but that advice was just what works for me.

To Each His Own

Advertisement