Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap needle nose pliers in Dublin

Options
  • 22-09-2010 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭

See above.
    Checked a couple of Euro stores yesterday but they didn't have any.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

There is one on mary street, which is the continuation of henry street going towards capel street. There are about 2 or 3 of those €2 type shops in a row, the last one has a key cutting service and lots of cheap tools, stuff is not just €2 in it, but its the same style of cheap ass stuff, lots of stuff for cars and electrical stuff.

I would be surprised if they did not have one. If they don't there are several tool shops on capel street itself, walking up towards the quays one called Lenihans is on the left

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

rubadub wrote: »
    There is one on mary street, which is the continuation of henry street going towards capel street. There are about 2 or 3 of those €2 type shops in a row, the last one has a key cutting service and lots of cheap tools, stuff is not just €2 in it, but its the same style of cheap ass stuff, lots of stuff for cars and electrical stuff.

I would be surprised if they did not have one. If they don't there are several tool shops on capel street itself, walking up towards the quays one called Lenihans is on the left

Nice one, never thought to try Mary street.
    I'll see what they have. If the pliers are complete sh*te I'll get one from a proper hardware store.

Reading again I see it as needle nose and I was thinking of normal narrowish ones,

http://www.lenehans.ie/lenehans/Main/Product2.asp?ProdID=1701

but now I am remembering seeing really fine needle ones almost like a tweezers-which are harder to find. Not sure how fine you need.

I usually go to ebay for stuff like that
    http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m570.l1313&_nkw=needle+pliers&_sacat=See-All-Categories

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

Ended up getting for for 2€ in Living Island on Talbot street.
    Still wasn't thin enough to sort out my problem though :(

I often end up making my own tools, or customising/altering them, e.g. taking a pliers to a grinding wheel or angle grinder to make it more narrow.

• Advertisement
Advertisement