Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom, Three strike rule, what have you done?

• 22-09-2010 12:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭

A mate of mine called me the other day and asked with this whole 3 strike rule thing going on where could he go to download stuff without being cut off?

(not asking people to tell me how to do anything illegal,)

I told him that I was with UPC so such trivial things don't concern me!
    but it got me to thinking, hes living at home and cant do anything about it

But what have others done?

Have you left Eircom specifically over this?

(I got a call off Eircom a couple of days after it was announced asking me to come back and I had tons of fun telling the rep to F off due to its new policies, he basically said eh ye I know......)

Have you stopped downloading illegally (If you did in the first place)

Has anyone been hit with strikes yet? ( I know there was a massive thread on the Eircom 3 strike rule but i didn't feel like trawling through it to get these questions answered!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Letters have been issued to people, though I've not heard of anyone getting to a third letter, or of anyone being cut off. Some posters have said that they moved away from eircom following the 1st warning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ILA

UTV Internet is similiarly priced and has good performance. They also don't block some controversial sites like Eircom do and they don't seem to be too bothered with downloading.

Eventually though, big business will go after all the ISPs, and people will be forced to keep moving until they finally clamp down on them all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭bestie

and then everyone will just start using

link removed.

This thread will not become a collection of links, it's about eircom's policy of warning users about illegal file sharing. No more warnings on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Steviemak

A move to a re-seller of eircom's broadband will start the clock again. If eircom cut you off you can still sign up with a re-seller of eircom broadband such as Vodafone. Available everywhere eircom Broadband is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Just don't download torrents tbh.

But yeah, everyone should leave eircom if they have that option, preferably getting rid of the landline altogether.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

I can access my utorrent via web. i could share that with family so they download with my pc. then i could give them access to download from me directly.

is it movie or a some large video camera clip of family? :)

Advertisement