Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you have for lunch thread - NO BLOG LINKS & NO PIC QUOTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

a baguette with coleslaw, chorizo slices and pickled cucumbers (from the make your own prezzies thread). Was yummmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Ham and Cheese sandwich.

I would have preferred stuffing, ham and cheese, but there was no stuffing left.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

seafood chowder, a salad of feta, roast beetroot, cherry toms and rocket and an apple :)

Smoked Salmon and brown bread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Ham and Cheese sandwich.

I would have preferred stuffing, ham and cheese, but there was no stuffing left.:(

Stuffing makes every sandwich better.
    Had one of the Tuna Ciabatta melts from Centra from the daily hot special sandwich for 3 euro.
    Tuna and sweetcorn mix with cheese,red onion and taco sauce,and of course my addiction,bottle of Pepsi Max :cool:

• Advertisement

Chicken Chow Mein and Water today.
    greetings wrote: »
    Stuffing makes every sandwich better.
    Totally agree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Ham bagel with a nice cold glass of orange juice :p

Cully & Sully Chicken & Veg soup with white buttered bread.

Mahi Mahi on a bed of orzo pasta with bacon and spinach in a balsalmic sauce followed by a trio of chocolate deserts-A chocolate and walnut brownie with caramalized bananas and chocolate sauce and vanilla ice cream, a chocolate mousse with whipped cream and a chocolate tart with raspberry sauce and chocolate chips and 3 pints of Coors' Light.

I love Florida :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

greetings wrote: »
    Mahi Mahi on a bed of orzo pasta with bacon and spinach in a balsalmic sauce followed by a trio of chocolate deserts-A chocolate and walnut brownie with caramalized bananas and chocolate sauce and vanilla ice cream, a chocolate mousse with whipped cream and a chocolate tart with raspberry sauce and chocolate chips and 3 pints of Coors' Light.

I love Florida :pac:

what does mahi mahi, taste like I keep seeing it on american food channels and im wondering what the closet fish would be

I had a ham sandwich and a glass of pepsi max

• Advertisement

Ham and Cheese Toastie and Tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Various types of raw veg for dipping in hummous... the diet has officially kicked in :pac:

what does mahi mahi, taste like I keep seeing it on american food channels and im wondering what the closet fish would be

I had a ham sandwich and a glass of pepsi max

Was a very meaty,kind of rubbery(as in,not flaky like salmon) fish,texture similar to sword fish I'd say. Was nice though.

Cully & Sully Chicken & Veg soup with white crusty rolls.

Perfect for the cold weather.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I had a truly horrific seafood chowder for lunch yesterday. It's incredibly difficult to find a decent one for a decent price in the city.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Faith wrote: »
    I had a truly horrific seafood chowder for lunch yesterday. It's incredibly difficult to find a decent one for a decent price in the city.
    I've given up trying chowder in Ireland. Best one I ever had was in Boston and nothing has ever come next or near to it! Shame because it is such a delicious dish!

ChewChew wrote: »
    I've given up trying chowder in Ireland. Best one I ever had was in Boston and nothing has ever come next or near to it! Shame because it is such a delicious dish!

I always get good ones around the coast - Dingle, West and East Cork etc. I had a nice one last week in Amicus, but it was a tiny portion for €6.50 which was a bit of a rip-off.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Wife was about to toss a punnet of past-their-best mushrooms into the bin. 'hang on' says I. 30 minutes, some butter, onion and garlic later and we had some delicious mushroom soup!

Today I had a prawn, bacon and sweetcorn chowder. It had good flavour, but I'd hoped for more. The milk split a little bit in it, which affected the texture. I have a portion left over, so I might try blending a small bit of it tomorrow to thicken it up slightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Getting there

Today had chicken liver pate with red onion marmalade, cucumber slices and some lettuce. A bit of a thrown together salad type lunch. yum though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

nothing too exciting just a tesco ham and relish roll and some veg soup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭carraghsgem

fresh mackeral fillets from the fishmonger, fried in olive oil, oyster mushrooms fried in olive oil with a garlic clove and italian baby plum tomatoes fried whole along with the mushrooms, served with fresh baked bread and a mug of tea!

and ive just cleaned a squid to make fried calamari as a snack for when my fella comes home and im going to include fresh chillis to make it interesting!
    served with a glass of german lager

Sausages and Toast with Tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I had left over crispy duck with pancakes, hoisin sauce and shredded spring onion and carrot.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,001 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Faith wrote: »
    I had a nice one last week in Amicus, but it was a tiny portion for €6.50 which was a bit of a rip-off.

I'm surprised!
    Amicus is, I reckon, the worst restaurant I've ever eaten in - and I've been twice cause somebody, for some reason, thought I'd like vouchers a few years ago.
    Beyond awful!

I'm surprised!
    Amicus is, I reckon, the worst restaurant I've ever eaten in - and I've been twice cause somebody, for some reason, thought I'd like vouchers a few years ago.
    Beyond awful!

I agreed with you wholeheartedly until a week ago. Time and time again I ended up eating there and it was always bland, tasteless muck. But they've redone the one in Paul Street recently, and I was really in the mood for a chowder at lunchtime, and I decided to chance them. I think they've gotten a new chef or something, because the chowder was delicious. I went back the next day and got a proper main course and it was delicious too - the same ingredients as before, but this time it was properly seasoned and well balanced. It's not haute cuisine by any means, but it's not bad for a quick lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,772 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Lunch yesterday was a couple of boiled organic eggs from a neighbour with Mrs Billy's brown bread toasted.
    Today I had the fab Hot Wings in The Grill at Ollie's Place in Skerries.

Tuna in a bap with a cuppa tea.

Was nice for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Subway - 6" turkey, lettuce and green peppers on wholewheat. Strangely unsatisfying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

Subway - 6" turkey, lettuce and green peppers on wholewheat. Strangely unsatisfying.

No sauce/cheese? It sounds unsatisfying.

Advertisement