Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you have for lunch thread - NO BLOG LINKS & NO PIC QUOTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Slow cooked pork Burrito from Burrito and Blues on Camden Street Dublin.

Awesome. Really fresh salad and salsa. Great texture and flavour. Wish I was in town more often.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Getting there

Swampy wrote: »
    Slow cooked pork Burrito from Burrito and Blues on Camden Street Dublin..

That sounds delicious!

I had yesterdays stew with crusty bread. yum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Lasagne :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I was off today and shopping in town so decided to treat myself.

I had a chicken and bacon casear sald with extra anchovies and a glass of white wine.

(Plus two bottles of water after the anchovies):)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Mince stew originally made with 500g mince beef, 2 diced carrots, 1 onion, beef stock, a little bisto, tomato puree, and cracked peper.

Reheated yesterdays left overs on the hob, chucked in 4 boiled baby potatos, and a small tin of peas for the last minute and mixed it all up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

S.R.F.C. wrote: »
    No sauce/cheese? It sounds unsatisfying.

Nope, never been a fan of random processed cheese on stuff. The sauce can be hit and miss as well. That wasn't what was unsatisfying about it though :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Nope, never been a fan of random processed cheese on stuff. The sauce can be hit and miss as well. That wasn't what was unsatisfying about it though :P

Oh processed foods are the best :cool:
    Can't beat a meatball marinara on hearty italian with spicy cheese(not toasted,it gets too crispy) with sweetcorn tomatoes and southwest sauce :D

greetings wrote: »
    Can't beat a meatball marinara on hearty italian with spicy cheese(not toasted,it gets too crispy) with sweetcorn tomatoes and southwest sauce :D

The Chicken Teriaki or Per Peri, on toasted honey oat with cheese is the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

I agree. Just not mad about the cheese :P

irish-stew wrote: »
    The Chicken Teriaki or Per Peri, on toasted honey oat with cheese is the way to go.

Incorrect. :pac:
    Another way to go is a Chicken Fillet kebab from Roberto's with no lettuce but with cheese and their curry chip.

• Advertisement

Incorrect. :pac:
    Another way to go is a Chicken Fillet kebab from Roberto's with no lettuce but with cheese and their curry chip.

Are you absolutly certain you dont work for them.

:D

Are you absolutly certain you dont work for them.

Hahaha,I said that knowing well you'd ask that question.
    Tried the Sligo Kebab House there on Castle Street the other day,I'd reccommend it. Huge,filling kebabs.
    Aw got I am hungry thinking about it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Betsysquared

Mince stew originally made with 500g mince beef, 2 diced carrots, 1 onion, beef stock, a little bisto, tomato puree, and cracked peper.

Reheated yesterdays left overs on the hob, chucked in 4 boiled baby potatos, and a small tin of peas for the last minute and mixed it all up.

I have those bowls!!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

A toasted pita with pesto mayo, mozzarella and tomato.

Sounds nice faith,bit of chicken in there would have been lovely.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

Its been MONTHS since Ive been in here, but wasnt there a "What I had for dinner last night" thread? Ill have to root about here again. Nice to see the same faces around...if you know what I mean. I see Beer Revol is still King of somewhere!

I had the a vile pannini but was so hungry didnt care, too hungry and short on time. Had plastic pretendy cheese, jelly ham and was burnt to boot.

Last day in work so dont really care.

Trying to explain how black pudding is made to my Italian housemate. Think shes aboutto barf :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

salmon, with noodles and some veg, was nice but suffered from eyes bigger than my stomach syndrome:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,997 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Its been MONTHS since Ive been in here, but wasnt there a "What I had for dinner last night" thread? Ill have to root about here again. Nice to see the same faces around...if you know what I mean. I see Beer Revol is still King of somewhere!

"What I had for dinner last night" thread?

If Beer rev is a king he's a very frugal king!

Going a bit quiet in here.
    Rasher sandwiches,hard beat :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

a fruit and nut seed bar thing in costa coffee, damn dairy intolerence, all there sandwiches had cheese:(

• Advertisement

When I eventually got out of bed, beans on toast.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,997 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Late lunch today:
    A 2 egg omelette with a little mature cheddar and a splash of Franks Hotsauce over it when cooked.

Wow, stunningly good !!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I had a chicken salad wrap with a nice glass of orange juice followed by a blueberry muffin :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

packet of real mcCoys, packet of taytos, 4 Kimberly biscuits of some sort and loads of chocolate and about 3 mugs of tea. I lost my job today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,772 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Sorry to hear that.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭nesbitt

Home made potato cakes & poached eggs. Me & one of my little guys home sick with colds, so comfort food needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Cully & Sully Chicken & Veg soup with white buttered bread after the soup I had Cheese and cream crackers.

Sapsorrow wrote: »
    packet of real mcCoys, packet of taytos, 4 Kimberly biscuits of some sort and loads of chocolate and about 3 mugs of tea. I lost my job today :(

Sorry to hear sapsorrow.

An aero ice cream and fruit pastilles for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭UCD AFC

Have just made some pizza dough, hopefully will turn out nice so I can have pizza for lunch! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Sorry to hear that Sapsorrow.

I had a chciken ceasar wrap and a glass of Cidona

Advertisement