Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you have for lunch thread - NO BLOG LINKS & NO PIC QUOTING

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

French toast ftw:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Pancakes :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

Pasta and chorizo in a tomato/red wine sauce, taken from the good mood food blog! Fell in love with that site after making cookies with one of the recipes :)

Tomorrow will be more jambalaya. It tastes nice, but saying jambalaya is more fun than eating jambalaya.

Jambalaya! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

I made a chicken curry yest (chicken breast, onion, red pepper, hot curry sauce, basmati rice) and brought it into work today, but my Italian workmate brought in a lovely lasagne for us and so I ate a small plate of chicken curry, and then a largish piece of lasagne.
    Lasagne was AMAZING.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

went to avoca in Kilmac with my Grandmother and mum for Grans birthday, had quiche and loads of lovely salad:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

went to avoca in Kilmac with my Grandmother and mum for Grans birthday, had quiche and loads of lovely salad:D

So jealous. I miss Avoca - I'd murder someone for their cheesey bread.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

For lunch today I had a M&S Fuller For Longer chicken, mushroom, pasta thing. 'Twas very nice, but it's my mid-afternoon snack I wanted to tell ye about.

Home made brown bread (Thanks Auntie!), butter, goat's cheese, half a sliced hard boiled egg, pea shoots fresh from the garden and Brocco shoots fresh from SuperValu, and a mug of tea.

You know how it is when you eat something and you know that not only is it yummy it's good for you and you're belly gurgles away happily and you feel good? That's how I feel right now. Mmmmmm.... And I have more left for tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Quiche Lorraine for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Getting there

Quiche Lorraine for me.

I had quiche too! Except it was a spinach and blue cheese one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

A bowl of French Onion soup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

M&S ham hock with mustard sauce and mash.

Was having a trial run to see what it's like so I'll know if OH'll eat it. Ham hock is now very definitely on the menu! Delicious stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Brown Bread with melted cheese on top and some Chocolate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

Cheese quesadilla with sour cream, and an orange!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭mcgarry098

tortilla with some dolmio sundried tomato stir in sauce on, with grated cheese! quick and easy and pure taste!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

Chicken burritto. I could live on 'em.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,997 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

2 really nice loin rashers, big plate of mixed leaves, homemade dressing, sliced tomatoes, couple of slices of good bread. Nice.
    Coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,325 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Last night i made a shooter sandwich. Just about to tuck in

Steak, mushrooms, shallots, inside a crusty roll

156883.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,162 ✭✭✭Kiva.D

vegies and brown rice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Very proud of myself: lunch was homemade butternut squash soup. Made it on Thursday morning, and I made it stretch to 2 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Ham and grated cheesed on thick sliced wholemeal bread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

Mexican wrap made at a deli. Never. Again.

Health kick and homemade lunches will start tomorrow and I can avoid crap like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Darkginger

3 hardboiled eggs, cut in half, mayo squeezed over them, Parmesan sprinkled over the top, with a spring onion, a slice of ham, and a bit of Philadelphia to dip the onion into. All eaten with a glass of home made red wine (merlot, from the DOC range - takes a month, and is really good - better than most of the stuff we pay €7 a bottle for).

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Getting there

I had half a tub of very uninteresting premade vegetable couscous. I swear Im going to start making my own lunches again soon.

jello

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 wina

Vegetable salad for my lunch. I'm on a diet :)

just broth, my tummy is revolting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭cantgetright

A late lunch but steak and beans mixed with a little gravy. Cant beat a bit of gravy..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

I had ribs with barbecue sauce - absolutly lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 jackiedaniels

Homemade vegetable soup, Brown soda bread....oh and a toffee crisp for dessert mmmm

• Advertisement

a plum and yogurt

Advertisement