Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you have for lunch thread - NO BLOG LINKS & NO PIC QUOTING

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Two slices of homemade brown bread with onions, loads of sharp cheddar and a good splash of Worcestershire sauce, flashed under the grill til bubbling. It were right good...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,772 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Would you eat..........an armidillo?
    Yup. And roadkill too. Probably not rat though.

Today I had chicken in an orange & pepper sauce with romanesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

We were doing yeast products in college yesterday and did some pizza which made for a delicious lunch, I went a bit overboard with topping but it was still gorgeous.

It had pepperoni, ham, salami, mushroom, pepper, cheddar, feta, oregano and chilli flakes.

384125_2142713497222_1527754729_31618838_435487214_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

I had a hot croissant with ham and cheese.

I had a hot croissant with ham and cheese.

Add a glass of wine and you have, quite possibly, the best lunch ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Half a ham, mustard and butter demi-baguette - simple but yummy.

I read "half a ham" & I thought - Wow! :)
    Then I realised it was half a sandwich & I thought - OK - that is a bit more reasonable just for lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Christmas Lunch sandwich: turkey, sausage stuffing, crispy onion, cranberry sauce and, for some reason, spinach. Yum.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

Panadol and Lucozade.

Microwave pasta, pesto sauce and mayo.

We have some cooked ham in the fridge that has to be eaten so that is on my list too!

• Advertisement

Nothing. Didn't feel like eating so I didn't take lunch. Sorry now, though, cause the day is draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggginnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggg.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

Had a bit of a complicated day today so dropped into SuperQuinn on way home at lunch time and got a Turkey, Coleslaw, red onion and peppers roll made up.

Also picked up a Cully and Scully pea/mint soup reduced so had both when trying to make computers work remotely (yes a boring as it seems) but the soup and roll were very good indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I'm at home doing college work and study for the day so just threw together a quick omelette with chorizo, red pepper, sun dried tomatoes and cheese. Robbed the idea from one we make in work which I love. Unfortunately we didn't have any spinach to add a bit of green.

Still though, simple, quick and delicious. Perfect study break food. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Brown bread sandwich with red peppers ham and lettuce. Don't know whether to have the same tomorrow with a beautiful chutney sauce or have soup!

I had some leftover chilli with corn chips and sour cream.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,325 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Having said that, Ive been wondering what owl tastes like. I saw one on broadsheet the other day and it looked very like a moth so I kinda went off them as an animal - which makes them fair game for food. Hilly Billy, seeing as you seem to eat anything with a pulse - have you ever had it?
    !
    No, I've not tried owl. Would certainly give it a go though.

Pretty sure you shouldn't eat owl.
    Firstly they are protected, but they are also carnivores. I think in general carnivore meat isn't great. I can't think of many carnivores that are eaten regularly. Dog?

Shark? Anyway, my point was that I would try anything at least once. The only food that I truly cannot stomach are mushy peas.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

Mellor wrote: »
    Pretty sure you shouldn't eat owl.
    Firstly they are protected, but they are also carnivores. I think in general carnivore meat isn't great. I can't think of many carnivores that are eaten regularly. Dog?

Im not planning on it! Yah, I asked our company Exc Chef and she said that they are protected and pretty much the same thing about carnivored. She reckons it would be quite gamey too though!

I had shark before - vilevilevile. Eating ugly things is off putting to me. Sharks have mean faces so my head thinks they wont be tasty. So when I ate it my head was controlling what I tasted. Plus its fishy so wasnt expecting anything great anyway. Was like a rubbery old whiting.

Sorry! HAd lentil and chicken soup with homemade soda bread. Again.

Getting back on-topic (;)) - lunch here today will be fried pork kidneys in honey and herb marinade with mango sauce & corn on the cob.

What I actually had for lunch: Beer. :o

A corned beef sandwich. Blast from the past!

• Advertisement

I just had the most incredible home-made potato-based veggie burger for lunch, with a little leftover pork from the other night. Amazing.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

I just had the most incredible home-made potato-based veggie burger for lunch, with a little leftover pork from the other night. Amazing.
    Sounds nom!!! i love a good veggie burger!

I had yummy french toast with a little hint of cinnamon :)

Fillet of pork in a morel sauce with potato croquettes & steamed carrots & green beans.

Yesterday:

Parsnip soup with maple syrup and crusty white bread

Stuffed turkey wrapped in bacon, roast spuds, chipolata, brussel sprouts, carrots, parsnips, cranberry sauce, gravy.

Chocolate mud pie.

Lots of wine.

(Office Christmas party.) Yum!

Today: a cornetto!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,996 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Cold roast beef, warmed polenta cake and cucumber pickle sandwich on sour dough bread. Yummm.

A warm roast beef sandwich & gluhwein.

Brown soda bread, topped with chicken, ham, stuffing, egg mayo, coleslaw. Followed by brown soda bread, with Kerrygold butter, raspberry jam, and all accompanied by lots of Barry's Tea.

Love being back home :D

Cold smoked mackerel with a shredded carrot salad. And a blueberry yoghurt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Roast Lamb, carrots, potatoes and gravy.

Went for lunch in Bertie's Bar at the Annebrook Hotel in Mullingar. €11.50 for lunch, including a mineral.

Delicious food, good sized portion and for very little.

Advertisement