Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you have for lunch thread - NO BLOG LINKS & NO PIC QUOTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Mary-Ellen

Spicy parsnip soup:
    http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/vegetarian-recipes/spicy-parsnip-soup
    Made with coconut milk

Very tasty :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Natural yoghurt with raw jumbo oats, raisins and sunflower seeds mixed in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

A pot of custard and a Danish. Bit of a lunch fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Superquinn mild Chicken curry - it messed my blood sugars up for a while and was very sweet but it was lovely if a bit unfilling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

A Meat loaf bap with caramelised onions, lettuce, pickles and tomato. from the Bia Bus in Rosemount Bus Pk.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Halloumi and roast pepper salad. Carrot, cumin and cayenne pepper soup.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Weylin

big bowl of steaming hot irish stew :D (oops, sorry, should i have said fish for friday ? :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭dubh101

Donner kebab meat bought in Lidl added spices, onions and chilli sauce in to the pan with it,after chopping the meat smaller first,put it into a seeded wrap with lettuce and garlic sauce,really really nice.(I realise the meat is the worst prosessed meat you probably can buy but so easy to use and so yum,I cant help myself).:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Smoked Salmon on Brown Bread.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Have gotten a bit addicted to paninis recently.

On monday and tuesday I had a panini filled with ham, brie, onion and pepper and heated in a toaster. Lovely

Today I had a wrap, filled with cajun chicken and salad. Surprisingly quick to prepare the chicken yesterday evening, and really really tasty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭merengueca

I'm trying to be low carb, so my lunch for tomorrow is going to be :

Pancetta, baby plum tomatos, green peppers all griddled with some smoked cheese and pea shoots.
    Clementine and babybel cheese for afters...

• Registered Users Posts: 39,325 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Spicy Leek and Tomato soup - homemade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭dazzlemoo

For lunch I had a sandwich made with leftover roast chicken from the Sunday dinner, sprinkled with a little salt and vinegar..Ate that with a cup of tea and a bag of Tayto!
    Sandwiches are the norm for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

It was more of a brunch today because I have the day off so I decided to make French Toast with maple syrup, mascarpone and banana. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Seomra Mushie

So today I roasted a garlic bulb for the first time...

IMG_4522.jpg

... and incorporated it into mashed potatoes, a little of which I had for lunch with some meatloaf, tomato sauce and natural yogurt:

IMG_4524.jpg

AWFUL presentation skillz, I know, but it was so delish! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Kalinda

Kimia wrote: »
    Since we have a 'Here's what I had for dinner' thread, can we have a Here's what we had for lunch? I am always looking for ideas on good healthy lunches to bring in with me so hopefully this will take off! Photos always nice too :)

I'll start: M&S Quiche Lorraine and a kinder egg

I had a white pitta with melted mozzarella,slice of ham and Ballymaloe Relish. Delish!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I had a hot chicken roll with mango chutney.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Wholemeal bagel, leftover slow-roasted pork belly, white cheddar, babyleaf salad, mayo and mustard. Mmmmmmm :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

a hot chicken wrap with taco sauce, cheese, a little red onion and sweetcorn. it's the culmination of years of lunchtime experimentation and imho, can't be beaten. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I'm going for something a bit unusual today - a leftover haggis sandwich with cheese and chutney. I'm interested to see what it turns out like.

ETA: It was lovely. Neede more haggis though

• Advertisement

Shakshuka. Chopped tomatoes, garlic, cumin, and a dash of water. Break in a couple of eggs, simmer for 10 minutes and serve with crusty bread. One very happy belly guaranteed. If I were having it for dinner I'd probably add some sliced potatoes and spinach.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Cork Boy

kylith wrote: »
    I'm going for something a bit unusual today - a leftover haggis sandwich with cheese and chutney. I'm interested to see what it turns out like.

ETA: It was lovely. Neede more haggis though

Oi! Where did you get Haggis? Only ever had it in Scotland once, it was in the loose/moist form and was amazing. Had a battered haggis in Galway but it was dry and in a sort of sausage form, not half as nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

You can get Haggis in Marks and Spencer.

Today for lunch I had a small crusty roll with ham, cheese and coleslaw, with a side salad of beetroot and cucumber. And 2 squares of mint dark chocolate.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Home made celery soup made from some rather ropey celery sitting in the bottom of the fridge with enough left for lunch tomorrow too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

For lunch I had a melon, cucumber and bacon salad with lots of mint and a balsamic dressing. Yum!

I made this for lunch, but altered the recipe a bit.

I left out the roasted antipasto peppers as I didn't have any, so I used some mushrooms, frozen peas, fresh carrots, one green chilli de-seeded and finally chopped and 1 garlic clove finally chopped.

I cooked the peas and carrots in separate pots and when they were cooked I threw them in with the meat/sauces/other bits and stirred them around a bit.

It was nice, but quite spicy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Lovely fresh fruit salad, with apple, mango, watermelon, banana and lemon.

lunch.jpg

Cork Boy wrote: »
    Oi! Where did you get Haggis? Only ever had it in Scotland once, it was in the loose/moist form and was amazing. Had a battered haggis in Galway but it was dry and in a sort of sausage form, not half as nice
    Got it in M&S, I don't know if it's seasonal or if they usually have them.

I made this Chorizo and chickpea dish for lunch today and added peas and spinach to it, and when I was putting in the chilli, I accidentally added too much, about three tablespoons.

For some reason I thought it'd be a good idea to put the chilli straight into the pot from the jar, when I normally put it onto my hand or a spoon first, won't be doing that again!

No one can even eat it cos it's way too spicy :( If it wasn't for the chilli, it would be delicious!

So annoyed with myself! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

I made this Chorizo and chickpea dish for lunch today and added peas and spinach to it, and when I was putting in the chilli, I accidentally added too much, about three tablespoons.

For some reason I thought it'd be a good idea to put the chilli straight into the pot from the jar, when I normally put it onto my hand or a spoon first, won't be doing that again!

No one can even eat it cos it's way too spicy :( If it wasn't for the chilli, it would be delicious!

So annoyed with myself! :mad:
    Lol, "What did you not have for lunch?"

That's unfortunate though :(

Advertisement