Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you have for lunch thread - NO BLOG LINKS & NO PIC QUOTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭saraocallaghan

I had my own homemade chili for lunch. Absolutely stuffed now!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

I had Avoca take-out for lunch: a salad box full of carrot and sesame slaw, mustardy baby new potatoes and salmon and med veg noogles. With half a rice krispie square afterwards. :) All in eaten in the blazing sun in the grounds of Trinity College.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭yellowtrout

Missed breakfast so I'm having lunch now-a crispy bacon sandwich and a cup of tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Just finished having chicken and veg stir fry with rice. And a giant glass of coke with lots and lots of ice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

A Salad with chicken,red onion,black olives,cumcumber,tomato,and bacon with a honey and mustard dressing then i strolled around the corner to the Italian ice cream place for some gelato

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭whistlingtitan

Poached fillet of version butternut squash purée parsnips chips and game jus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

I had a very simple, fresh and delicious lunch of mango and lychees.

IMG_3790.jpg

I had never eaten lychees before, had never even seen them before I don't think. You open up the hard red outside and are greeted by incredibly juicy sweet flesh inside. Will be buying again.

IMG_3792.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Just finished last night's leftover of Spinach and Ricotta Cannelloni with Coleslaw and Salad. oh and Ballymaloe relish.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Mary-Ellen

Broccoli and stilton soup :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Just had the nicest lunch I have had in ages. It helped that I was starving. :)

Tomato salad (tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, basil) heaped onto toasted ciabatta, with lemony home made hummus.

2akcpap.jpg

vxmg0p.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

Mightn't be everyones cup of tea but:
    A tin of Mackeral fillets in tomato on McCambridge brown bread with mayo, lettuce and a slice of pepper and onion chedder :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭mitchaul

Martyn1989 wrote: »
    Mightn't be everyones cup of tea but:
    A tin of Mackeral fillets in tomato on McCambridge brown bread with mayo, lettuce and a slice of pepper and onion chedder :cool:

Martyn, that is a seriously good lunch.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

3 bean salad

Kidney beans, Canelli beans, Garbanzo beans with

red onion, cucumber, red pepper and cider vingear dressing

Devine

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭bambera

Wrap with chunky peanut butter, spinach leaves, cucumber, tomato, onion and cheese. Lovely jubbly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

Steamed dumplings, shamelessly bought ready made from the asia mart even though I have all the ingredients but still very tasty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Chicken thigh pieces coated in Franks with some green stuff.
    217787.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Today's lunch was homemade mushroom soup with some baps.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

Leftover chorizo and butterbean stew from last night's dinner. I had this meal in Dunne and Crescenzi a few months ago and have been trying to recreate it: this really simple Jamie Oliver version is the closest I've found! Crusty bread is a must :)

http://www.jamieoliver.com/magazine/recipes-view.php?title=chorizo-aamp-butter-bean-stew

Today I am making white chilli for lunch.

Chopped up the onion, garlic, chilli, went to get the meat to cook it and realised it's still not thawed out.

It's been in the top of the fridge since last night and still partially frozen. :( It's mince, so I thought it would've been thawed out by now, seems not. Have it sitting on the counter top in hope it will thaw out soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Toast4532 wrote: »
    Today I am making white chilli for lunch.

Chopped up the onion, garlic, chilli, went to get the meat to cook it and realised it's still not thawed out.

It's been in the top of the fridge since last night and still partially frozen. :( It's mince, so I thought it would've been thawed out by now, seems not. Have it sitting on the counter top in hope it will thaw out soon.

Could you put it in the fridge to help it thaw out?

• Advertisement

Could you put it in the fridge to help it thaw out?
    I put it in the fridge last night about 11pm and was fully sure it would have been thawed out by lunchtime today, especially as it is only a small amount of meat.

I left it sitting on the counter top today for around an hour (not in direct sunlight, it was in the shade) and it thawed out, so I got to make my chilli.

It's more of a dinner than lunch though, as I am having it much later than lunch time. It's well worth the wait though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

decisions wrote: »

aka boneless wings :P

Yummy way to get your buffalo wing fix, thigh is a lot tastier (imho).

I'm hoping for smoked rashers, brown bread and a fried(or scrambled) egg for lunch today, but I forgot to take the rashers from the freezer last night.

Have them sitting on the counter top now, hopefully they'll be thawed out soon.

If they aren't thawed out soon, I'll have a spicy chicken piece in a burger bun with tomato, onion and mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

My daughter made tuna and rocket frittata last night so I had the leftovers for lunch :)
    7893539152_1d5f37d092_m.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Quorum

This is relevant to my interests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Seaneh wrote: »

aka boneless wings :P

Yummy way to get your buffalo wing fix, thigh is a lot tastier (imho).

I tried to convince myself it was a salad by not calling them wings :P had it again today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Chicken leg with ratatouille (leftovers from last night's dinner)

2-5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

Salad of tomato, avocado and tinned salmon and a bit of balsamic vinegar stirred in.

And a mars bar

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭sleepyescapade

spicy thai style chickpea burgers with sweet chili sauce

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I had salmon sushi and a glass of chilled white wine.

Advertisement