Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you have for lunch thread - NO BLOG LINKS & NO PIC QUOTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Chorizo, cucumber and gouda cheese on the left... strawberry, feta and balsamic salad on the right. A lovely colourful lunch for a cold rainy monday.

food.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭laoisforliam

Oven roasted chicken thighs with a dry rub of Paprika, Cayenne, Cumin, Thyme S & P with a Baby Boccocini, Tomato and Basil salad.

1445zpj.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Left over chili with loads & loads & loads of sweetcorn. Random but love sweetcorn & chili together. Then an 'Eat Natural Bar' with lots of nice almonds and cranberries and chocolate

Low-carb, high-fat (and very tasty) lunch at my desk today... eggs, chorizo, salami, prosciutto, tomato, cucumber, brie. I AM VERY FULL NOW.

d7314192.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 40 jeanadamz

I guess this will be weird but I have fried egg at lunch yesterday. I really love to eat eggs may it be boiled, scramble, have it on corn beefs and many others, but my favorite one is sunny side up egg. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Quorum

jeanadamz wrote: »
    I guess this will be weird but I have fried egg at lunch yesterday. I really love to eat eggs may it be boiled, scramble, have it on corn beefs and many others, but my favorite one is sunny side up egg. :)

Why would that be weird? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Quorum wrote: »
    Why would that be weird? :)
    That was my thought exactly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Mushroom soup for me today :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Beans on toast - I'd forgotten how nice it is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I went yo boojum with some friends today. Burrito with Mexican rice, pulled beef, tomato salsa, pinto beans, cheese and sour cream. So so delicious, I may never eat again though.

• Advertisement

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    I went yo boojum with some friends today. Burrito with Mexican rice, pulled beef, tomato salsa, pinto beans, cheese and sour cream. So so delicious, I may never eat again though.

I've always found Boojum disappointing. The food is pretty flavourless and quite watery.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Random_Person

Quorum wrote: »
    I've always found Boojum disappointing. The food is pretty flavourless and quite watery.

3ceb45afc9a8cefb98c9d472cb094c.png

GTFO

Tis my honest impression of the place. And I've been there a fair few times for various reasons so it wasn't a one-off encounter. I don't get the hype at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,772 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

@Quorum - This thread is for you to tell us what you had for dinner lunch. For restaurant recommendations &/or criticisms we have other threads.

@Ramdom_Person - Use the Report Post function & leave out the back-seat modding.

Ta,

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Beans on toast - I'd forgotten how nice it is :)

Haha, me too Dizzyblonde. Had not had it in ages and it was delish. I deliberately burned the toast a bit, let it go cold and a bit spongy. Poured on the hot beans, grated on some strong cheddar with a bit of salt and pepper. The ultimate comfort food isn't it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I burn my toast too, and heat the beans until the sauce reduces :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Mashed potatoes lathered in butter, salt, pepper and dried parsley and battered fish is what I will be having for lunch today.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Random_Person

@Quorum - This thread is for you to tell us what you had for dinner lunch. For restaurant recommendations &/or criticisms we have other threads.

@Ramdom_Person - Use the Report Post function & leave out the back-seat modding.

Ta,

tHB

Apologies, wasn't meant as back seat modding! Was just a bit of friendly banter! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

irishbird wrote: »
    3 bean salad

Kidney beans, Canelli beans, Garbanzo beans with

red onion, cucumber, red pepper and cider vingear dressing

Devine

Hey Irishbird - how do you make your cider vinegar dressing?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Getting there

Mushrooms and brief on toast with a bug mug of tea. Hmm sunday bunch!

• Advertisement

Avocado, cherry tomatoes, red cheddar, white cheddar, port salut, brie, salami, chorizo and homemade chutney. I ate it in bed watching a movie like a right proper slob :)

2-6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Avocado, cherry tomatoes, red cheddar, white cheddar, port salut, brie, salami, chorizo and homemade chutney. I ate it in bed watching a movie like a right proper slob :)

Won't somebody please think of the children carbs?!!!

Nyum, I love tapas/nibbly bits to pick on! How do you make your chutney homemadecider?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Recently, I've been having what I call "grown up lunchables" a lot. They're crackers, slices of brie and slices of apple all piled on each other. Yum yum yum! I'm probably putting on tonnes of weight from all the cheese and crackers, but I don't care!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Emeraldy Pebbles

Today I had well-seasoned steamed salad potatoes, poached chicken and feta in an oil, vinegar and lemon juice dressing. Very nice but could have done with something green. :) Some mint would have been a nice addition too.

Today I fried some chopped rashers, mushrooms, tomatoes and sliced onions and had it on toast :)

A lovely, hot Larp Ped from Kanum. Minced chicken, shallots, spring onions, lime, chilis, coriander, mint & apparently deep fried rice but I'm guessing ground into a powder or something. Gorgeous, healthy and slightly better for me than its more delicious brother Larp Gai which is pretty much a box of shredded roast duck.

C720F3D2-A21F-4D06-B736-3583B1F12A2C-283-0000004ABF51E8C2.jpg

Soft boiled egg & toast, cure for anything that ails me. Or at least a temporary distraction from a bug I've picked up this week.

egg_cure.jpg

I made carrot, ginger and chorizo soup with chorizo crutons and had it with my homemade Irish seeded wheaten bread (with LASHINGS of Kerrygold butter). Very hearty and warming on such a chilly day!

1owxzc.jpg

• Advertisement

Merkin wrote: »
    picture of bread & chorizo & general loveliness

I would literally sell my mother for a bowl of that right now. Are you in the market for a very nice Dublin lady who will knit you scarves?

Advertisement