Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you have for lunch thread - NO BLOG LINKS & NO PIC QUOTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

decisions that looks yummy - very fresh!

I'm raging I didn't take a picture of my lunch.. I had a wrap with turkey, beetroot, scallion, loads of tomatoes, beetroot and little bit of mayo. The reason I'm raging I didn't photograph it??? First time ever I've been able to properly make a wrap that didn't disintegrate within 2 bites!

And I definitely didn't watch 3 youtube videos on how to wrap it up first...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Egg bread. We ate it hot from the oven with lashings of salted butter.

eggbreadmay2013_zps61a9f8ff.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

A wrap with jalapeno relish, a chicken breast that I cooked in the oven last night with chilli powder and tobasco sauce, yellow peppers and mixed leaves. Yum!

UVN33uR.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭gjc

Homemadecider could I have the recipe for your bread?? Many thanks it looks fab!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

photo4_zpsdb2eb7a3.jpg

Managed to get a pic before the beetroot dyed everything pink!
    Salad of Little Gem, beetroot, broccoli, cherry tomato, cottage cheese, chicken, and a wee drizzle of Balsamic dressing. Mmmmm

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

BLT and a (big) wee salad to go with it.

Nice and simple.

9zpvft.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭GrahamThomas

Got a beef brisket panini with BBQ sauce and crispy onions and a big side order of chips... I'm still stuffed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Made a chicken salad today.

Put some salad leaves on the plate, sprinkled chopped cucumber and red onion over it, then put sliced cherry tomatoes around the edge of the plate and put the chicken on top of the leaves/cucumber/onion. Delicious, but a little dry.

Didn't make any dressing for it, must have a look for a nice, easy to make dressing for it, that isn't bitter or vinegary.

gjc wrote: »
    Homemadecider could I have the recipe for your bread?? Many thanks it looks fab!

Apologies for the delay - we can't find the exact recipe we used (found it online) but if you google recipes for Challah then you're on the right track.

Lunch this week has been lots of tapas as we had a wee break in Spain. Tortilla pincho, croquettes, calamares and olives, with the obligatory glass of wine and beer. Lay on the beach afterwards and had a snooze, it was heavenly.

tapasspainmay2013_zps990e3fc1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Franks + Butter = Best Chicken Salad Dressing Ever!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Having a little picnic in our garden with the little tots -- roast chicken sambo with ballymaloe relish and coleslaw, and homemade berry smoothie. Sunshine bliss.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭AsianDub

Haven't made sushi in a few years so didn't turn out exactly how I wanted!
    Mixed peppers, carrots and tuna maki.

ZYYnN2d.jpg

Having yesterday's leftover Bobotie.

Herb and mustard chicken fillet with coleslaw in soft bap.

178_zps7d4d8b92.jpg

Spanish-style tortilla with lots of potato, spinach, red peppers and mushrooms, topped with some gooey goats cheese. It was like egg pizza!

tortillajune2013_zps33a06ad8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Red lentil and roasted pepper soup and half a toasted whole grain bagel with cream cheese. Yum!

Just after having a lovely Sunday Lunch for Father's Day with the clan. Made Jamie Oliver's Roast Leg of Lamb with Rosemary and Garlic Roast Potatoes, Braised Carrots and Peas, and the gravy. I had made the mint sauce too but sure didn't I forget about it til it was all done? Doh.
    Starter I made Chicken Liver Pate, served with toast, cocktail gherkins and red onion marmalade.
    For dessert my SIL made a smashing lime and lemon cheesecake.
    I'm stuffed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Kale, quinoa and adzuki bean salad with some chicken, feta, scallions and tomato.

IMG_0443_zps1032d751.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭gjc

Homemade scones cream and jam washed down with a mug of tea

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Warm ciabatta, mayonnaise, corned silverside of beef, sauerkraut, rocket and tomato.

• Advertisement

Fresh out of the oven -- Gruyere and Caramelised Onion Quiche. To be eaten with good ol ballymaloe relish.

012_zpsf8b6f550.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I did a lovely salad today.
    Some might think it looks dull but I don't like dressings or anything, and I thought it was very tasty :)

35378xs.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

I made a creamy chicken pasta dish for lunch today, was lovely a nice change from all the salads for the past week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

Today I had scrambled eggs with smoked salmon, spinach and lemon juice on a wholewheat pita. I love smoked salmon but have never used it with eggs myself (I've often had eggs benedict with it when having brunch out), it was amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

Home-made chicken broth-in-a-cup. :)

2evs3ty.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

A slice of cheese & onion pie with lettuce and mixed cherry tomatoes and Italian dressing. It was my first time to make the pie and it was so good I'll definitely make it again.

3128hu9.jpg

Made up a simple salad with an amazing hot smoked salmon from Frank Hederman's Belvelly Smoke House, fresh lettuces from my neighbour's backyard, tomatoes and cucumber.

SmokedSalmonSalad_zpsa3e218ee.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

As mentioned on a previous thread, I've started getting into making soup.
    (I rarely had soup before this week-would sometimes have a tin of Minestrone, but very seldom)

So today I found a lovely Jamie Oliver recipe for Tomato Soup which I made and I was so impressed!
    I felt so chuffed with myself for making what is essentially a simple dish, but for me was a huge thing 'cos I'm a novice!
    (Sorry no pics :( )

I basically sauteed 2 carrots, 2 celery sticks, 2 onions, 2 cloves of garlic in some olive oil. Then added 1 1/2 litres of chicken stock, tin of tomatoes, 3 large fresh tomatoes, salt, pepper, basil and oregano.
    Then I boiled it, reduced it, left it for 10 mins, then whizzed it all up in the blender.

LOVED it and it's virtually fat-free. (OK, so I used olive oil but not much and anyway that's good for you!)

I'm going to make more soups this week and I'll post pics :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

fussyonion wrote: »
    LOVED it and it's virtually fat-free. (OK, so I used olive oil but not much and anyway that's good for you!)

Every meal needs some fat in it. Why anyone would strive for fat-free is beyond me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Every meal needs some fat in it. Why anyone would strive for fat-free is beyond me.

That would be a discussion for the Nutrition and Diet forum ;)

Advertisement