Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you have for lunch thread - NO BLOG LINKS & NO PIC QUOTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Having leftovers from last nights roast chuck with stuffing, into a sandwich they go with a slab of mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭nyeb2007

Had breakfast lunch, rashers, sausages fried eggs and homemade brown soda cake with brown sauce and a nice cuppa tea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Just had a wrap with chicken, grated red cheddar, bacon and spring onion

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

Homemade veg soup to start (potatoes, onions, parsnips, celerey and carrots). For mains...slow cooked pork loin with roast potatoes and baby carrots (par-boiled and fried off with butter). It's like groundhog day, but how bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

Buffalo mozzarella with carved ham, spring onions, tomatoes, rock salt and black pepper on ciabatta bread

That looks so yummy :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Home-made baked falafel and spinach salad with tomatoes, onions, mozzarella, pickles and some balsamic dressing with a dash of sour cream.

oUyKK8q.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

More bread-olive focaccia this time- should really address my carbs problem:D

281656.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Mushroom soup and fresh crusty rolls for us today.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭CinammonGirl

Left over beef in red wine from last night with left over baby potatoes from the night before :)

Made tuna pasta bake based on a recipe a poster had put up recently.
    Added spring onion too, and a bit of paprika in the cheese sauce.
    It was alright. The kids really enjoyed it.

2013-12-03133231_zps4a6bd6d1.jpg

• Advertisement

Himself had left over meatballs with left over tomato sauce and some pasta. Said it was nicer today then it was yesterday.

Got about 50-60 meat balls from the mixture and froze about 30 of them, so enough left for another 4-5 dinners/lunches. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Fried gnocchi with garlic chili and basil butter, a little fresh pesto, cherry tomatoes and salad. Yum :)

o074p3.jpg

Superquinn sausages, baked beans, white pudding, fried egg and toasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I had the Cully & Scully Lentil and Bacon soup. Very nice but quite heavy so a little went a long way. It is quite salty so have plenty of water to hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Current favourite lunch of toast with butter, finely grated super-strong cheddar (finely grated is important to allow for the absorption of the most important ingredient..) & loads of Franks hot sauce. Love, love, love franks and mature cheddar. Think might have to make Honey-ec's spiced up, franks-heavy mac & cheese from the cooking club for new years to celebrate my new addiction

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I had a ham and cheddar sandwich with lots of Aldi's fresh pesto, the bread buttered on the outside and fried in the pan. Yum yum :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Animord

I had a ham and cheddar sandwich with lots of Aldi's fresh pesto, the bread buttered on the outside and fried in the pan. Yum yum :)

Yum. I have been doing toasted sandwiches like that for years - threw out the sandwich toaster a long time ago. They are SO much better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Puzzle35

Great tip re the frying pan, Never thought of that.... I take it the cheese melts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Animord

Puzzle35 wrote: »
    Great tip re the frying pan, Never thought of that.... I take it the cheese melts?

Yes, it does all melt. You use a dry frying pan, and butter the bread very slightly on the outside and just let it cook gently until the cheese is melted, flipping it over halfway. It is much more successful as you get the melted cheese but without the squishedness of doing it in a sandwich toaster.

And you have much more control with a frying pan than a sandwich toaster, you can turn the heat down and take a bit longer if you have a lot of cheese in there. Plus, you don't squash the sandwich.

• Advertisement

That is a great tip for the frying pan, never thought it that before!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭dipdip

The frying the sandwich thing is an American method. They call cheese sandwiches cooked in this way 'grilled cheese' sandwiches.

I just had a Superquinn poppy seed baguette with Superquinn ham and white grated cheddar cheese......sometimes the simplest of things are the nicest!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

We're down in west Kerry where it's super stormy, so after a long and blustery walk on the beach with the dogs, and a walk up a cliff to watch the most amazing waves crash over the cliffs and drown us, we decided the only viable lunch option was a big bag of salty, vinegary chips eaten in the car :D.

Today for lunch we had homemade vegetable soup with bread.

I made a huge pot of it yesterday, enough for lunch for the rest of the week for 3-4 people, and this evening, there isn't a drop left.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Yesterday I had a yummy toasted sesame bagel with Philly chive cream cheese and smoked salmon with plenty of lemon and black pepper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Spanish omelette; lots of sliced potato and sauteed onion.

IMAG1399_zpsf1086e1b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Can't wait for my lunch today - it's sitting in my desk drawer calling to me! Monster salad of beetroot, tomato, cucumber, sweetcorn, red onion, cottage cheese and hard boiled egg. Hurry up 1 o'clock :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Big salady lunchbox; lettuce, chicken, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, cashew nuts and a wallop of cottage cheese.

IMAG1406_zps588e7e11.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Pitta bread with leftover roast beef, lettuce, tomato, cheese, relish and mayo.

Advertisement