Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you have for lunch thread - NO BLOG LINKS & NO PIC QUOTING

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Half a tub of Cully & Sully White Winter Veg soup with half a tin of tuna stirred through it. Back to functional eating for me! Tonight I am making a big pot of ham & pea soup at home for the rest of the week. Have bacon offcuts in the slow cooker so will use chunks of those plus the water it cooked in and lots of garden peas & nutmeg.

Last time I made it I overcooked the peas and it all went a little yellow looking, learned that you shouldn't dye pea soup with green food dye because not only does it go the same colour as a pine air freshener you get big chunks of pine-green ham

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Animord

Last time I made it I overcooked the peas and it all went a little yellow looking, learned that you shouldn't dye pea soup with green food dye because not only does it go the same colour as a pine air freshener you get big chunks of pine-green ham

Whoops. Colleagues looking at me oddly for laughing randomly when I am allegedly doing year end payroll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Made carbonara for lunch and it was rotten. Turned out horribly. The egg half scrambled and it didn't taste right either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

A couple of people are dropping by in a short while, so making them baked cola chicken legs based on this from the cooking club, served with homemade slaw and non-baked spiced mac & cheese, also from the cooking club here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

A brown seed baguette with chicken, grated red cheddar and spring onion....toasted. It wasn't great, but it filled the hole!

• Advertisement

Homemade chicken and vegetable soup with fresh crusty bread. Delicious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Chunky vegetable and lentil soup with homemade brown bread and a slice of brie. Lovely and hearty!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Roasted red pepper soup, multigrain Ryvita and Double Gloucester cheese with onion & chives.

First time making the soup and it's delicious http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/7685/-roasted-red-pepper-soup

• Registered Users Posts: 14,276 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Indian chickpea soup with red lentils, ryvita with dunnes hummous (going with a bit of a chickpea theme today :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Goats cheese, mozzarella, cheddar, tomato and rocket tart, followed by a spoon of Nutella for dessert. I regret nothing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,995 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Omelette with fresh herbs, Gabriel cheese and serrano ham and a dash of Frank's hotsauce.

6fshXY.jpg

Today we are having cheese burgers from the butcher that he makes himself, will have them with salad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

I had a dirty meatball Subway. No regrets.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Not the best of pics but today I had four eggs cooked in ham with black pepper and salt then a bit of cheese sprinkled on top for the last couple of minute cooking to melt on top.

SAM_0794_zpsaa7d5bec.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭fiddlechic

Not the best of pics but today I had four eggs cooked in ham with black pepper and salt then a bit of cheese sprinkled on top for the last couple of minute cooking to melt on top.

Looks yum! How long did you leave in oven and what temp?

I had a fridge salad - chopped up leftovers - half bag rocket, 2 tomatoes, 1 slice of leftover baked ham, handful walnuts, tiny bit of goats cheese with corn on the cob dry charred on hot frying pan. Topped with lemon juice, dijon and EVOO dressing. Much nicer than I expected.

Blame it on AppleGreen R&R. Went in to get petrol and ended up with a big durrty Chicken Royale. It's been awhile since I had this.
    Aaaah reminiscing my days falling out of Zanzibar at 3am, crawling through the corner street to the nearest BK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Mrs Fox wrote: »
    Blame it on AppleGreen R&R..

I went into AppleGreen a couple of weeks back for petrol (and to discover that it wasn't the wind blowing my car sideways it was the fact that one of my tyres was at 8 bars - dumb!) and came out having eating a whopper with a packet of chili cheese bites in the bun and a marshmallow cupcake. I don't recall being hungry or having any intention of eating going in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

fiddlechic wrote: »
    Looks yum! How long did you leave in oven and what temp?

I had a fridge salad - chopped up leftovers - half bag rocket, 2 tomatoes, 1 slice of leftover baked ham, handful walnuts, tiny bit of goats cheese with corn on the cob dry charred on hot frying pan. Topped with lemon juice, dijon and EVOO dressing. Much nicer than I expected.

It does be quite tasty alright :). You put it in the oven at 180 season with salt and pepper before you put it in for about ten minutes then take out sprinkle on your cheese and put back in the oven for about another 2 minutes and done quick and simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

Homemade Egg muffins, smoked salmon and that amazing low GI multi grain bread from Lidl

dnzzau.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,772 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I had a bit of a duvet day & lunch was hard boiled egg, scallion, tomato & cucumber sandwiches with a load of salad cream on lovely crusty loaf. On the sofa with cups of tea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

I also had a lovely lazy Sunday. We had a huge brunch of whiskey smoked bacon, fried eggs and fresh bread, with the obligatory seven gallons of tea. Laziest day I've had in ages, it was wonderful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Had a lovely brunch today of eggs benedict with hollandaise and smoked salmon on sourdough. It was so tasty and filling. I love Sundays!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

I had a ham and cheddar sandwich with lots of Aldi's fresh pesto, the bread buttered on the outside and fried in the pan. Yum yum :)

Had a ham and cheese toastie cooked in the pan for lunch today. It was yum! Thanks for the tip. Will be definitely making it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭GrahamThomas

One of my New Years resolutions was to stop buying coffee & lunch out 5 days a week, as it's far too expensive.

So todays lunch was baked ham (leftover from last nights dinner) in a ciabatta roll with pesto, rocket and a slice of spicy cheddar. And a Dairy Milk bar from a selection box :D

Today we had home made mushroom soup and brown bread and a banana.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Homemade vegetable soup with homemade bread :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I did a couple of chicken fillets in the oven, and then put them in a wrap with ham, mature red grated cheddar and spring onions

• Registered Users Posts: 14,276 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Homemade curried butternut squash, lentil and coconut soup with a slice of brown soda bread - mmmm so good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

A sammich from the local SuperValu deli - ham, cheese, rocket and relish on brown bread. Tasty, but poorly assembled.

• Advertisement

Made spiced sweet potato soup with a dallop of creme fraiche at the end for the kids' lunch. Had a helping myself too. With multiseed bread.

Advertisement