Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you have for lunch thread - NO BLOG LINKS & NO PIC QUOTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I got them in Stock beside Stephen's Green shopping centre in Dublin, it was a couple of years ago now but I think they still have them. You can get them on Amazon as well

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Eddingtons-Fire-Bucket-Egg-Cups/dp/B003K02Z50

Thanks, they're so cute :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Very posh MissF. I buy shot glasses in the €2 shops and use them as eggcups.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

I adore that shop!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Red onion and chive bagel with scrambled eggs and grilled Clonakilty black pudding with a small amount of relish. So yum! I love Sunday brunch!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Brunched in Herbstreet today. Ate all the foods. I wasn't really hungry until 8pm after it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Hermione* wrote: »
    Brunched in Herbstreet today. Ate all the foods. I wasn't really hungry until 8pm after it!

I love their corned beef hash. I now have food envy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Sushi plate, with a dessert of pineapple chunks. So good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭dipdip

Sambo made from last night's brisket, with mayo, lettuce and onion. Tayshty.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

I got them in Stock beside Stephen's Green shopping centre in Dublin, it was a couple of years ago now but I think they still have them. You can get them on Amazon as well

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Eddingtons-Fire-Bucket-Egg-Cups/dp/B003K02Z50

I love them. I have these ones and any guests that stays with us always comment on how cute they are!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Eddingtons-Cream-Bucket-Egg-Cups/dp/B003JZVUGG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1390233154&sr=8-1&keywords=egg+cups+buckets

I really want one of these as well

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sylvester-Oxford-Ltd-MC066-Country/dp/B008ESY2T0/ref=pd_sim_kh_8

I had homemade veggie soup with brown bread and cheese for lunch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Animord

Merkin wrote: »
    I love them. I have these ones and any guests that stays with us always comment on how cute they are!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Eddingtons-Cream-Bucket-Egg-Cups/dp/B003JZVUGG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1390233154&sr=8-1&keywords=egg+cups+buckets

I really want one of these as well

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sylvester-Oxford-Ltd-MC066-Country/dp/B008ESY2T0/ref=pd_sim_kh_8

I had homemade veggie soup with brown bread and cheese for lunch.

lol adorable - I want them too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

I made sausage and broccoli egg muffins for tomorrow's lunch. And the next day. Annnnnd the next day.

IMAG1425_zpsf6e12da6.jpg

I made sausage and broccoli egg muffins for tomorrow's lunch. And the next day. Annnnnd the next day.

Omg! They look amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,772 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

My fave Auntie J paid us a visit all the way from Connemara yesterday & brought up some of her pâtés. She had crab & lobster. All caught in her own pots & she's not a young wan! :)

Equal parts cooked crab or lobster meat to melted butter with a hint of garlic & parsley - whizzed cup in a blender then rolled into a sausage using cling film & chilled in the fridge. Spread on some water biscuits & away ye go. It was just sublime!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

This week I made some tomato soup.

an onion, garlic and celery softened in butter over a medium heat for fifteen mins

meanwhile, skin a kilo of tomatoes and remove the hard bits, quarter them.

into the pot with about 500ml of beef stock, and a tin of chopped tomatoes and a generous squirt of puree, boil, then simmer for a half hour. some oregano and balsamic.

blend.

delish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Fusilli puttanesca, without the icky black olives. Yum.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭amklo

These look nyum! definately on the agenda for next weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I made these today (minus the sausage) and they were great.

Thanks for the inspiration!

Ate two of them at 1pm today, I am still stuffed to the gills at 4pm. They were amazing, very rich and an easy lunch option as I just threw two of them in a lunchbox this morning.

BUT JAYSUS I'M SO FULL.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

I had what turned out to be a massive portion of cottage pie, frozen last week. Carrots didn't really come out of the defrosting/microwaving process too well, bit mushy, but the flavour was still savage. I LOVE having dinner for lunch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Ooh these look great. Cheers for the lunch inspiration, getting into a bit of a soup rut!

• Advertisement

Dolbert wrote: »
    Ooh these look great. Cheers for the lunch inspiration, getting into a bit of a soup rut!

I was in a total salad rut, hence this last-minute creation!

Sesame bagel with smoked salmon and poached egg. I seriously need to stop eating bagels. I am addicted yet again.

Home-made butternut squash and red pepper soup, with a soft white roll with ham and cheese.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,465 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Double cheeseburger from McD's - my junk food of choice these days. :o

I don't understand though how a double cheeseburger can be cheaper than a cheeseburger. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Home made celery and stilton soup (39c celery from Lidl :))

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Pea and bacon soup. Thanks for the encouragement, dipdip! I won't post a picture because it looks like the vomit from the exorcist* :D. Tasted great though!

*which was actually pea soup

Faith wrote: »
    Pea and bacon soup. Thanks for the encouragement, dipdip! I won't post a picture because it looks like the vomit from the exorcist* :D. Tasted great though!

*which was actually pea soup

Heh heh. Was it salty?

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Chicken roasted in cumin and coriander with roasted peppers, onions and couscous, and fresh coriander sprinkled over. Very simple, but very tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Toasted ham sandwich with a cup of tea.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

dipdip wrote: »
    Heh heh. Was it salty?

No, it was perfect. I added the tiniest pinch of salt, but the salt from the bacon and stock was almost spot on.

Advertisement