Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you have for lunch thread - NO BLOG LINKS & NO PIC QUOTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

TtMsp2H.jpg

Tesco have cheap mangos at the moment (mangoes?) so I tried out this strawberry and mango salsa with jalapenos and lime juice and had it with a stawberry salad with balsamic vinegar and pistachio nuts. (Stole the idea from one of Tesco's pre-packaged salads). I made way too much but it was lovely. Jalapenos gave the salsa a great kick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

White chocolate & raspberry ripple cheesecake. I could weep for how good it was.

37f252bc-170e-4b2c-81c3-34edd0f9c220_zpsd7873594.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭dipdip

2 sausages, 2 rashers, 2 slices of white pudding, fried mushrooms and a fried egg. With a slice of buttered bread and a cup of coffee. Nom.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Lunch at Salamanca. First time there... Holy god, it was good.

Had an amazing tomato and roasted red pepper soup, followed by seafood paella. My mom had calamari followed by seafood linguine.

Every single morsel was DIVINE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

Late lunch/early Dinner (but on Sunday who cares)

Had some visitors who were under the weather so went with the tried and trusted Roast leg of lamb with boulangre potatoes, roast potatoes, roast squash and julienne carrots. Went down and treat and spirits lifted enormously (which made my day:p). Appetites sufficiently restored to enjoy small(ish) slices of a decadent Belgian choc cake for afters. I have a feeling they went home and crashed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

I had a really interesting brunch option today: breakfast salad. Absolutely yum. Loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Bit hungover yesterday so himself made a beautifully simple lunch of spaghetti, olive oil, fresh basil, cherry tomatoes and parmesan. Fab.

IMAG1439_zpsa4247699.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Roxirose

Grilled cheese on toast. Splattered with dried chili flakes. Baby leaf salad. A very strong coffee

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭chinacup

Bit hungover yesterday so himself made a beautifully simple lunch of spaghetti, olive oil, fresh basil, cherry tomatoes and parmesan. Fab.

<snip>

Very similar to you, fried up some onions, garlic, ginger and cherry tomatoes with chili powder, added to wholewheat spaghetti with feta cheese. So nom made in 10 mins and relatively healthy BOOM.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,995 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Which is just the kind of food you need when a bit "tender" as opposed to the high fat, high sugar, high salt food that so many people crave and eat after a night out as if your body hasn't been punished enough!

• Advertisement

Leftover home-made spaghetti carbonara from last night. Nom.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

A salad of roast chicken breast, mozzarella, little gem, red pepper and a vinaigrette, followed by an orange. I'd give my right arm for a big dirty plate of chips but alas my jeans are too snug at the moment so salad it is :(

Ham, cheese, coleslaw, salad leaves, beetroot and cucumber. With a warm brown pitta pocket.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Potato and leek soup with soda bread, all homemade. I went easy on the leeks in the soup as my OH isn't a huge fan of them, and unfortunately it lacks a bit of body and flavour now. Darina Allen also adds a TON of cream but I'm watching my food so I left that out too. All in all, a mediocre soup but the bread was fab :).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

A bowl of shredded iceberg lettuce, cherry tomatoes, grated carrot, sweetcorn and grated cheddar all mixed with a little mayonnaise and served on multiseed Ryvita crackers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

I made very experimental bean 'burgers' last night to have with my lunch, they looked like a disaster at the time but tasted really really good today!

Into the food processor I put a tin of butter beans, some breadcrumbs, half an avocado, cashew nuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, lemon zest, dried thyme, black pepper and an egg. Blitzed and then divided the mixture into 6 for a muffin tin and baked for about 40 mins.

Somehow came out tasting a bit like really good sausagemeat stuffing :confused: I ate 2 of them for lunch with a big pile of yellow cherry tomatoes and a mocha coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

A freshly baked cheese roll with egg mayo and plenty of Flora. Very tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

American "grilled" cheese sandwich - delish!

Had a portion of chicken curry and rice from the nearby filling station.

Holy crap, it was good!!! :eek:

A nice surprise!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Homemade cream of vegetable soup. Clean bowls.

• Advertisement

I had a piece of baguette stuffed with hot roast turkey, with some mayo, cranberry sauce and dijon mustard. Bit scabby on the turkey but otherwise nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭jmauel

I'm just about to have a minestrone soup with a dollop of pesto and a cheddar& rosemary scone. All homemade!

I had a cajun marinated butterflied chicken breast in a bun with salad and garlic mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Chorizo, chicken and butterbean paella from the market on Mespil Road. Could only manage half, soooo good though.

M3fhPJV.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

We had fresh crusty rolls with ham and coleslaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Sweet chilli tuna melt wrap. So delicious and filling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Made Avoca's lentil and nut loaf, served with tomato relish.

IMG-1392377702571-V_zpskjpldigq.jpg

I was making lasagna for dinner, so I had a scoop of the ragu in the heel of a sliced pan. Tasty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Boiled eggs & toast. Got the yolk just right for my particular tastes in eggs. Not too liquid, not too solid <pats self on back>

f8fc4b50-0825-4b8c-927e-53767aaa585e_zpsaa202eb7.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I had fried eggs and toast. Great minds, Miss F :D

Advertisement