Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you have for lunch thread - NO BLOG LINKS & NO PIC QUOTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭jmauel

Hi, do you mind if I ask what recipe did you use??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,465 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

jmauel wrote: »
    Hi, do you mind if I ask what recipe did you use??

This one....

http://www.food.com/recipe/german-dark-rye-bread-43285

I used treacle instead of molasses

Note: I changed the quantity to 1 loaf and all the ingredient quantities changed. However the liquid amounts stay the same (for 2 loaves) in the recipe. I ****ed up and had to add lots of rye flour later.

Daughter said it was the best bread ever! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭gjc

Homemade scones cup of tea

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Lemon and Rosemary Chicken with Vegetable Quinoa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭sopretty

Tagliatelle al tartufo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

There's a tiny bowl of leftover lamb Bhuna from Tue night. Thought about pies. Mmmmmm pies. So I sauteed some onion, cubed potatoes, peas and grated carrot, along with the leftovers, until dryish. Made pie pastry from the cooking club's beef and mushroom pie entry by homemadecider, with the help of the little ones crimping the lids on. Delicious, better that they were made with love :-)

IMG-1397136221928-V_zps5xtoplbl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭chinacup

Chinese salad with strips of sesame pancake!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭gjc

Home made veggie soup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Ann Landers

gjc wrote: »
    Home made veggie soup

Looks fab.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Chirashi - which is a heap of sushi rice (the scraggly ends of sushi rolls I think, at least here it was), with fish & omlette. Served with soy sauce & wasabi mayo. Cheer-me-up food, eaten staring out the window of Kokoro at people, after a very irritating morning & afternoon in college

7d0b2c58-94a2-4f9c-b1cf-086c595f2069_zps66d6c9ab.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,995 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Lamb burger, rocket and jalapeños on french bread.

4XpwNY.jpg

A cold, chewy ham & cheese toasty, walnuts, banana and a bad cappuccino. Tasted Michellin Starred as eaten following early hike in Glendalough today

8612190a-fad8-4ece-b9e6-edec1cfbf277_zps6831bfc6.jpg

Lunch was homemade crispy chicken fillets in panko crumbs, wrapped in warm tortilla with rocket, tomato, mayo and Thai sweet chilli sauce. Yummo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

A cold, chewy ham & cheese toasty, walnuts, banana and a bad cappuccino. Tasted Michellin Starred as eaten following early hike in Glendalough today

<pic snipped>

know the feeling! Wrap of ham and rocket on top of Bray Head tasted mighty! The rest of the clan loved their cheese and ham and cheese sandwiches up their too (though werent taken by the wind blowing away their fancy crisps!)

Lunch was a wee bit like yesterday's, but keeping in with the Good Friday theme.
    Fish fingers with salad leaves and tomato slices in a wrap (or sandwich as one requested). Mayo and sweet chilli sauce too. Self service.

2014-04-18%2012.34.45_zpscqxt7fzc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Chargrilled chicken with noodles, which were too dry and sticky, red onions, peppers and other salady bits

29lbuib.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Lunched today in Damson Diner. Hadn't been there in ages, but was pleasantly surprised with my lunch of grilled three cheeses sambo, salad, fries and a very refreshing mocktail made of apple juice cucumber, shaken with mint, lemon juice and cardamom sugar. I'll definitely be back to further sample their cocktail menu!

A fish finger sandwich sitting in the sunshine in Stephen's Green (on Monday, not today. Today wasn't a sitting in the park day)

0CEE2E86-A8B6-43F8-9958-8BC7A8616765_zpsoiljovds.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Is that from the new fish place, Miss F? Super Miss Sue's or some such name? Looks yummy! I've been meaning to visit for ages (since before it opened - my must-go-there list is extensive :rolleyes: ) and that photo just helped it leapfrog several places in my restaurants-where-I-must-eat list :pac:

It is from Super Miss Sue! The chipper part anyways, have heard the sit down bit is lovely but maybe not quite worth the money. Have thoroughly enjoyed the scampi & chips and fish finger sandwich I've had from the chipper so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Toastie with goats cheese, chorizo, rocket and homemade tomato relish. Think I'll have a little bit of green and blacks mint dark chocolate Easter egg and a cup of tea to wash it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

Had to go to the post office so i popped into the local bakery/deli/cafe
    homemade coleslaw,freshly sliced ham and cheese on white bread that was baked this morning. I'd forgotten how good proper bread is :-) oh and i may have treated myself to a slice of the fab apple and toffee cake :-)

Pan fried chicken liver, mushrooms and shallots, grated parmesan on top of watercress, baby spinach and rocket. Simple and yum.

2014-04-27%2013.57.34_zpskm4rmzfv.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,772 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I had a massive fruit salad - kiwi, melon, grapes, apple & pineapple with a squirt of lemon juice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Prawn cocktail on the Aldi stoneground/fake McCambridge's brown bread, generous squeeze of lemon juice. Yum.

Striploin steak medium rare, with pan fried Rosemary garlic new potatoes, topped with fried egg over easy. I had green juice for breakfast so I didn't feel guilty there wasn't a bit of green in sight for lunch.

Eating mainly strawberry & feta salads this week

F26E3FC9-D34B-4DFE-B11E-2D9D84B9D2E6_zpsi67zgydy.jpg

Another go at quinoa base pizza from the cooking club.
    Grilled aubergine, red onion, mozzarella, basil and tomato sauce.

2014-04-30%2012.49.46_zpsnqv4sqir.jpg

Ham, chorizo, pineapple, red onion, mozzarella and tomato sauce.

2014-04-30%2013.23.40_zpsjsqotn6j.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I picked up chicken wings with honey mustard sauce from a hot counter in a garage. They were actually lovely.

• Advertisement

'Protein Punch' salad today in Bloom Brasserie (Baggot St, Dublin). Chargrilled chicken, mixed leaves, avocado, egg, tomatoes & seeds. It was so lovely but everyone with me got the house steak frites and I had awful, poisonous food envy. Next time I have an afternoon that I can have a big dopey head for I'm going back for steak frites and a big punchy glass of red

Advertisement