Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you have for lunch thread - NO BLOG LINKS & NO PIC QUOTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Made fried rice from leftover stirfry veg and cold rice from last night's dinner.

2014-05-02%2012.56.56_zpshgzjut3n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,672 ✭✭✭Oblomov

5NnYwm.jpg

Salmon, foil envelope, olive oil , dill and some seaweed.. Edible from the Chinse supermarket then zapped in the over, carrot, quick blanch and put in with the asparagus and cooked in butter. Potatoes, in the water oven to contain full flavour.

6pajqm.jpg

Rhubarb and custard, LOL Rhubarb jelly... juicr strained off, gelatine and a spoonful of amaretto... gives a lovelt after taste,

and finished off with

8aUj5X.jpg

irish coffee, a large, Jameson, demarra and Java coffee.... perc and carefull with the cream.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

The now infamous bagel (I mention it a lot in the ""What have you eaten/drank so far today?"" thread)
    This one is rashers, lettuce, tomato and jalapeno tomato relish on a toasted poppyseed bagel, but I love it!

2zpmebl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭OREGATO

Homemade steak sandwich on ciabata, served with mozzarella ball, spinach and tomato, love my griddle pan :)

14108307235_4c7c3ffddb_c.jpg20140504_153743 by Oregato, on Flickr

13921655859_feb3c73016_c.jpg20140504_153736 by Oregato, on Flickr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

I wanted mexican corn salad/esquites but as that contains lots of mayo, lots of cheese and a bit more cheese it's not a goer for a light midweek lunch.

Instead mixed corn and teeny tiny Tesco frozen prawns with some light mayo, lime juice & chili and had them with salad. Not the same but pleasant nonetheless.

F1611F82-BE6E-40E1-A4DB-65351723FFB0_zpsjxxdjepk.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,772 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Toasted ham, cheese & tomato rolls with a cuppa.

Just noticed that I only have 5 Lyons teabags left & I won't be home now for a couple of weeks.

This place is great if you want a cuckoo-clock, Toblerone or a Swiss Army knife - but if you want a decent cup of tea you're stuffed. Feckin' disaster!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,464 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Just noticed that I only have 5 Lyons teabags left & I won't be home now for a couple of weeks.

This place is great if you want a cuckoo-clock, Toblerone or a Swiss Army knife - but if you want a decent cup of tea you're stuffed. Feckin' disaster!

Reduce, reuse, recycle! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Get some Barry's posted out to you STAT.

Yes, I said Barry's. You know you want to. :D

Lyon's, Barry's - anything but the muck that passes for 'tea' over here! :)

Shortly you'll be reduced to cups of Expats Torment

Lipton-Yellow-Label-Teabags.jpg

• Advertisement

urine-specimen-cup.jpg:p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

FYI Dealz have the 240 box of Lyon's on offer for €5 at the moment and they are still full price in the supermarkets.

If you need some posted to you, PM me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 360 ✭✭Olive8585

fussyonion, what camera do you use for your pics?

I've no pic today, but had carrot, onion, mushroom, garlic and broccoli stir fried with soy sauce and honey, served with rice. I'm getting stuck in a major food rut which isn't helped by being on a strict budget...can't wait to try something more adventurous.

Olive8585 wrote: »
    fussyonion, what camera do you use for your pics?

I've no pic today, but had carrot, onion, mushroom, garlic and broccoli stir fried with soy sauce and honey, served with rice. I'm getting stuck in a major food rut which isn't helped by being on a strict budget...can't wait to try something more adventurous.

Just a Panasonic Lumix. Are my photos too big or close-up?

It's all to do with the angle of my table. I try and take one that means you can see the whole food item but sometimes it doesn't turn out how I want it.

I'll take a pic before I place the plate on the table next time if it's not right :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 360 ✭✭Olive8585

fussyonion wrote: »

It's all to do with the angle of my table. I try and take one that means you can see the whole food item but sometimes it doesn't turn out how I want it.

I'll take a pic before I place the plate on the table next time if it's not right :o

No, it looks really cool, like a professional pic in a cookbook! Mine never turn out like that :(

fussyonion wrote: »

They're a bit too delicious looking when I don't have a bagel or any rashers. If you wouldn't mind doing something about that please & thanking you.

Olive8585 wrote: »
    No, it looks really cool, like a professional pic in a cookbook! Mine never turn out like that :(

Oh I wasn't expecting a compliment, thanks very much! :)

I don't do anything special, just hold the camera at a bit of an angle and take the pic fairly close up, but not right IN it.
    I've taken some pretty shoite pics though..some things don't photograph as well as I'd like!

*I typed "angel" instead of "angle" three times before getting it right. I should send myself to the Dumb Facebook Status thread :mad:*

• Registered Users Posts: 9,672 ✭✭✭Oblomov

Saturday Lunch
    Sunflower oil, onion, finely chopped, garlic cloves, crushed, fresh ginger, coriande, Coleman's English mustard, garam masala, cumin, kale. Knorr chicken stock pot.... ( first time try) Chicken breast, cubed All in measures to taste.

7K4tx3.jpg

followed by a glass of Grolsch

FYI Dealz have the 240 box of Lyon's on offer for €5 at the moment and they are still full price in the supermarkets.

If you need some posted to you, PM me.

Cheers SB. Many thanks for the offer. One of my pals is moving back to the UK on Friday, so I have relieved him of the rest of his PG Tips. ;)

"Beans on toast" - Chickpeas and spinach in thick curried tomato sauce, with Chia wholegrain toasts.

2014-05-07%2013.40.51_zpsun8em7ef.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Leftover Mexican spiced mince mixed with half a tin of chickpeas, surprisingly tasty! Followed by a big bowl of grapes to make up for not having any veg with it

Cheese souffle from the cooking club, sauteed chestnut mushrooms with shallots, with side salad and cherry tomatoes, and Ballymaloe relish.

2014-05-08%2012.48.56_zps7ibwwcsh.jpg

An extremely ugly bacon, tomato & scallion omelette.
    Tasted great though.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭OREGATO

Home made chicken kiev with salad

Chicken stuffed with cream cheese and parsley then coated with flour, egg and breadcrumbs. Drizzle of olive oil and then into the oven for 25 minutes. Meanwhile, made the salad with peppers, tomato, home made crutons, spinach leaves and mozeralla cheese.

14152090955_19bba1a462_c.jpg20140510_150641 by Oregato, on Flickr

I made bacon, scrambled egg & grilled tomato baps with half of a Krustenkranz. They are deliciously crusty & floury & soak up the tomato juices real good!

Here's a Krustenkranz...
    103.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I have two massive maris pipers in the oven for the past hour and I fried some chopped up rashers with some scallions and have some applewood smoked cheddar ready for when they come out of the oven! :D

Edit: Not beautiful but fairly spectacular
    BnW4jcMCQAASYm4.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

mini portobello mushroom pizzas

pizzamushrooms_zps18234418.jpg

Made Little Paris Kitchen's Croque Madame Muffins, served with salad. Beautiful runny yolk. Yum.

2014-05-11%2014.56.47_zpsgkevk1so.jpg

Bacon & Egg sandwich out with my Mam for lunch. On gorgeous fresh bread made of bread pillows. Still full now

D87E056E-0154-430B-B4F3-657D38232692_zpsnecmnwow.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

Bacon & Egg sandwich out with my Mam for lunch. On gorgeous fresh bread made of bread pillows. Still full now

Oh my god, where did you purchase such a beautiful looking sandwich?

Advertisement