Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you have for lunch thread - NO BLOG LINKS & NO PIC QUOTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

It's such a lovely day that we went for a long long walk and then stopped off in Ashtons in Clonskeagh for lunch. We sat in the sunny beer garden and had some Stonewall cider from Cork and a sharing platter of meats and cheeses. Perfect!

IMAG0041_zps1d9d0494.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭dipdip

Had lunch in Edinburgh today in the wonderful and quirky Le Cafe Bleu. I had the falafel wrap and the OH had the bacon and brie baguette. Fabulousness.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Toasted poppy seed bagel smeared with basil pesto, parma ham, sun dried tomatoes, goats cheese and mixed leaves.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,672 ✭✭✭Oblomov

Sunday lunch in a nice bistro in Chelsea, Hospital Road..

5YiqUg.jpeg

typical sunday roast. and absolutely delicious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Oblomov wrote: »
    Sunday lunch in a nice bistro in Chelsea, Hospital Road..

typical sunday roast. and absolutely delicious.

Woah. Lookit that yorkshire pudding/delicious fat/roast potato/mash that appears to be melting. Wish I had a Star Trek replicator I could order this from!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Huevos rancheros for the first time. Definitely not the last!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Assam Laksa - thick rice noodles in hot and sour mackarel broth, with cucumber strips, fresh sliced chillies, and shredded mint and red torch ginger stalk on top.

2014-06-02%2012.43.21_zpsbsmdqfly.jpg

Dessert was Cendol - green strips of worm like jelly in light coconut milk flavoured with palm sugar, and ice shavings with red beans.

2014-06-02%2012.43.07_zpslzupq4ri.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,772 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I had a large pork schnitzel with chips in the sun with a few beers.

Not quite lunch but our afternoon tea snacks - curry puff cooked in mom's airfryer.
    2014-06-03%2017.06.48_zpsukxuwnnc.jpg

Popiah goreng - spring rolls from the hawkers, with chilli dip. Very oily.

2014-06-03%2016.55.41_zps7ntofcno.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭dipdip

Last night I was feeling organised and made falafel for lunches this week.

I'm about to go down to the office kitchen and make myself a warm wrap with salad, tomatoes, scallions, falafel and sweet chilli sauce. Mmm. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Had an absolutely huge sandwich called Ugly Club from Ugly Duckling in the Epicurean. It was so big and full of ham, chicken, mustard, mayo, lettuce, tomato and the best part a fried egg. Delicious!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

Made an omelette with chopped grilled rashers and avocado. Explosion of taste in every mouthful!

1zp2tjq.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Hot spicy ramen with tofu and minced beef with potato salad and lettuce. Iced coffee. On a hot summers day, fantastico.

Sweet chilli tuna wrap with plenty of roasted red peppers.

Laksa Sarawak with blanched prawns, beansprouts, rolled omelette slices and fresh coriander and a squeeze of fresh lime, homemade by my sister. Having tasted it once before years ago I didn't quite fancy it, but this was really delicious that I had seconds.

2014-06-05%2012.50.21_zpssmwlb3ei.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Had lunch in The Chop House today. Potato and spinach soup with garden herbs - delicious. Then their five spiced pulled pork which was really good. The others had the (huge) Limousin dry aged rib-eye and said it was amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

A piece of Tesco's "New York Deli"-style pie from the deli counter.

Oh my goodness but it is amazing; the pastry is nice and crisp and it's got pastrami and pickles and a seasoned pork sausage mixture in it. Probably very unhealthy but dammit it is delicious.

Mexican chicken salad

Toasted rolls with ham, Gouda, onions & mustard.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭5unflower

A big plate of homemade sweet potato wedges, with some quark and herbs dip - my current favourite snack, quick, easy and soooo tasty!

For dessert a cup of tea and the last of a batch of red currant and banana muffins.

83E1DBF5EA2A49F1813D54C65D9CA306-0000353053-0003588850-00800L-633EFD3C05C642AD9AD07C159E338B83.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

A toasted sandwich made with plastic cheese slices and Franks sauce instead of butter - yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭catho_monster

Carrot, apple and orange juice and a couple of handfuls of almonds, hazelnuts and dried cranberries.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Porridge bread I made last night with Nutella. It's so dense and filling, lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,464 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

It's really catching......

Porridge bread with German Potato Salad. :)

57E63360-F5E6-45CA-A52A-D87AD378C2E6_zpsdgrfoajh.jpg

Baked eggs, bacon and asparagus.

A cup Bovril & a slice of bread. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

A cup Bovril & a slice of bread. :(

I LOVE Bovril! They don't make it the same though..gotta put two spoons in to get a taste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Hope you feel less horrendous very soon tHB!

Lunch today was a roast beef, cheese & dijon mustard baguette from a French café near my office. It was nice but there was some chewing involved with the roll, my jaw got a work out.

They had one of my favourite things though - Orsons Guimauve. Little white chocolate ones! So I've eaten 4 and now I feel sick and guilty and also upset that I didn't buy more because they'll be closed when I walk by later :'(

3D9117DF-0029-4664-8406-7C991435D15D_zpsizs1xpyp.jpg
    E2D932C7-AEA8-425E-843A-68953C3A5E57_zpsiwaa4i9v.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

A Mediterranean wrap stuffed with potato salad, curried rice, mature cheddar and ham, and a big mug of tea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭5unflower

Summer Risotto with asparagus and peas, simple but creamy goodness!

6F5EA3C048BC49138BEE3E92BCFDD31C-0000353053-0003594340-00800L-34F5CFE5C4514B65A8D880D6A25F6073.jpg

Advertisement