Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you have for lunch thread - NO BLOG LINKS & NO PIC QUOTING

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Puzzle35

It was freshly cooked and even the chips were crisp - I think the secret is to go at a busy time so it's moving quickly. We have it only a couple of times a year and happily stuff our faces :)

Which one was it? It sounds good!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Puzzle35 wrote: »
    Which one was it? It sounds good!

The one in the Pavilions shopping centre in Swords.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

2 hot boiled eggs mushed up with butter and salt.

Guggy egg! Nom!

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭5unflower

Omelett with crumbled feta on top, slice of ploughman's bread and some relish...if I had had any intention of being fancy, I'd have served the relish in one of those tiny little jam serving dishes ;-)

D21C8C693B4D4F0AA824E656F556787F-0000353053-0003614508-00800L-4C61F5660EA34AA58169D1F27E73DE48.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Made Spanish Tortilla for lunch, with Ballymaloe relish and salad.

2014-07-26%2014.08.35_zpsvzuyiahd.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Deep fried squid and patatas bravas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Yesterday we had a large salad of lettuce, rocket & spinach, red and green peppers, cucumbers, gherkins, scallions, tomatoes, sweetcorn and cajun chicken sliced.

qrexoy.jpg

Nasi Goreng, with leftover lamb Rendang from Sunday.

IMG_20140730_133231_zpsaozg8xey.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,464 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Cheese and ham tortillas fried in butter. So good.....

94F3818E-FD95-4418-A9BE-1A3B2270F6A7_zpskvipqxgp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Steak and spicy wedges today :)

Found a nice looking striploin in the freezer and decided to pull it out for lunch today. Makes a nice change from regular lunch meals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

Left over toppings from a pizza the night before. One with blue cheese and one with goats cheese sauce and crumbled on top.

Prosciutto, ruccola, balsamic & honey reduction

photo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Shaun Plays Games

Pasta Bolognaise and a milky way bar :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Sushi King Salmon of Knowledge box. Yum.

We had a little picnic in the back garden.
    Snacking on prawn and vegetable fritters. Ketchup and mayo dip for the kids, Thai sweet chilli for the adults.

2014-08-06%2014.16.51_zps5cinobew.jpg

Pad Thai from The Cooking Club. Another lovely day for a picnic in the back garden.

2014-08-07%2013.47.41_zpsamfvoxz0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭gjc

Roasted some veg yesterday made soup today roasted pepper tomato and basil soup it was gorgeous

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Today we had pork stir fry.

Pork chops cut into thick chunks, red pepper, mushrooms, onions, garlic and soy sauce. Served with rice.

Yum.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,990 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Black pudding and Frank's Hotsauce.

8n3F2d.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,464 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Black pudding and Frank's Hotsauce.

8n3F2d.jpg

Hmmm. Nice? When we were in Spain they had delicious black puddings, one had fennel seeds added, it was like a savoury liquorice stick. :)

Soto Ayam - cubes of compressed rice cake, in a spiced chicken broth, served with condiments of shredded chicken, crispy shallots, finely sliced Chinese cabbage, birds eye chilli in soy, peanuts and spring onions.

2014-08-09%2013.41.59_zpseb6hkfm7.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,772 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Steak & cheese sandwich.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Lobster hash in White Friar Grill today. Thought it would be a bit tastier.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,772 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Grilled sandwich with Frikadellen, Gouda, mustard & Branston pickle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

A plate of very so-so carvery in Dun Laoghaire followed by a rocky road from Avoca (which tasted akin to something from the Cuisine de France stand in the petrol station). Gosh I'm turning into a right fusspot. (I also spent some time in Avoca visibly goggling at people spending mental money on pre-made meals. I know it's fancy in there but I saw a lady buy 3 packs of €9.95 cheesey baked potatoes.) Its life, Jim, but not as I know it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I had an extremely disappointing chicken chow mein :(.

It must be meh-food Sunday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Eggs Benedict with ham in San Lorenzo's. Not sure why I ordered ham as I had planned to get lobster, but after yesterday's mediocre lobster, I quickly changed my mind and made a weird choice.

Tasty all the same :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

A plate of very so-so carvery in Dun Laoghaire followed by a rocky road from Avoca (which tasted akin to something from the Cuisine de France stand in the petrol station). Gosh I'm turning into a right fusspot. (I also spent some time in Avoca visibly goggling at people spending mental money on pre-made meals. I know it's fancy in there but I saw a lady buy 3 packs of €9.95 cheesey baked potatoes.) Its life, Jim, but not as I know it.

Please tell me you mean three for €9.95? Which is still crazy expensive ...

3 packets of 2! They looked lovely & all (and they were stuffed baked potatoes so had both cheese & ham in them) but I think if I spent €30 on 6 baked potatoes I'd have to take myself outside for a talking to

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Feckin hell. I'm guilty of buying the odd overpriced ready-meal - but not THAT overpriced - and I'd make a point of getting something that's too complicated/time-consuming for me to make myself at home.

Why not just buy spuds, ham and cheese and bung them in the oven? Literally a small fraction of the price! With minimal effort.

Definitely a case of having far more money than sense!

Advertisement