Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you have for lunch thread - NO BLOG LINKS & NO PIC QUOTING

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I had sausages roasted with wholegrain mustard and honey, on toasted white loaf.

MissF I'd have fainted if I'd seen someone pay that sort of money for potatoes, no matter how they were tarted up (the potatoes) :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭fiddlechic

MissF I'd have fainted if I'd seen someone pay that sort of money for potatoes, no matter how they were tarted up (the potatoes) :eek:

Me too! Particularly when despite being 30 quid lighter, they still have to turn on the oven and wash the plates afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

3 packets of 2! They looked lovely & all (and they were stuffed baked potatoes so had both cheese & ham in them) but I think if I spent €30 on 6 baked potatoes I'd have to take myself outside for a talking to
    God, €30 is what I think of paying for a dinner out with a pal (or less), and even then I tell myself that it's a treat. I just can't understand paying that for baked spuds :confused:

Yesterday, I had eggs menemen with pan-fried chorizo at Brother Hubbard's. Amazing, as always. <3 that place!
    Today, lunch was a homemade bircher muesli made with coconut water, and served with manuka honey, crunchy peanut butter, blueberries and Glenilen natural yoghurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

My cousin and godson visited me in Dublin to head to the Limerick match today, so treated them to lunch in the Bakehouse. I've been meaning to try there for ages, and I wasn't disappointed. I had the corned beef sandwich with lettuce, red onion and sandwich spread on doorstep bread with vegetable broth. My cousin had the chicken sandwich with the soup special which was tomato and basil - I was sorry I didn't opt for this soup as it was gorgeous. My godson (age 8) was delighted with his eggs and soldiers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Went to Avoca for brunch (didn't spot a shocking looking female hovering at overpriced spuds though :p).
    I had duck liver parfait for starter, himself ham croquette and coleslaw salad. They arrived ridiculously late, which is unusual as they always bring the food out almost immediately.
    We shared a seafood platter between us, which was pretty amazing. Light and crispy fried hake, potted hot smoked salmon, dressed crab with julienned green apple was a great combo, and the star of the platter was chargrilled prawns in tomato, I could eat a big bowl of these puppies and die happily.
    Kids shared a plate of battered hake and chips, and got two generous bowls of ice cream.
    They were very apologetic for the delay, their system was down apparently, so they took our starters off our bill. Happy days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Mrs Fox wrote: »
    Went to Avoca for brunch (didn't spot a shocking looking female hovering at overpriced spuds though :p).

I was probably prostrate on the ground behind the pie stand calling for my smelling salts at that stage :)

Yesterday I had a banh mi from Urban Lunchbox (on Dorset Street in Dublin), continuing my thing where I seem to wait and see where fiddlechic has been eating and then jump right on that bandwagon. It was lovely!

Yesterday I had a banh mi from Urban Lunchbox (on Dorset Street in Dublin), continuing my thing where I seem to wait and see where fiddlechic has been eating and then jump right on that bandwagon. It was lovely!

It's really good, isn't it? Unfortunately it's not the handiest from where I work, so today I had a fabulous DeliSuz sandwich (just off Blessington St) with chicken, chorizo, sun dried tomatoes, rocket and mozarella on their "GI" (or brown!) bread. Very fine indeed

Oh I do like DeliSuz, especially their club sandwiches.

Today's lunch will be some sort of punishment salad as I'm going to a friends for his birthday tonight and his boyfriend is making us cheesebread and a brazilian mango/exotic fruit custard dessert thing. Also birthday cake. Also doritos. So, heavily relying on lettuce to sustain me till then.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Cully & Sully chicken and veg soup, with Uncle Ben's microwaveable wholegrain rice. Tasty, filling, and now I have a very Happy Belly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Today having rocket salad with red onion & toasted almonds with Parma Ham.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭gjc

Chicken fajitas my favourite

Rice vermicelli noodles in spiced broth, with pak choy, beansprouts, spring onions and chopped chillies. Light yet filling nomnomness.

2014-08-15%2012.23.46_zpsee2e9zxw.jpg

Yesterday I meet some buddies for brunch and had Crabcakes Benedict with lovely, lovely chunky chips (they look ordinary in that photo but they got 2 greasy chip thumbs up) and a citrus hollandaise. Nice glass of tempranillo also.

941D5DB7-E08D-485C-B871-6D39984C25C6_zpsengi30ak.jpg

Spaghetti Bol sorry I milled into it before I took picture haven't had it in months really enjoyed it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Today I had vegetarian spring rolls followed by chicken in sweet & sour sauce with boiled rice, in Kites restaurant. Amazing food and not nearly as expensive for lunch as it is for dinner.

Right so going to be hard to make this sound good but cabbage soup ! Several stone needs to be shed !
    Cabbage soup=YUCK!
    I've only noticed now that's there's no thumbs down on boards if there was I would be hitting it myself several times

• Registered Users Posts: 8,464 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

gjc wrote: »
    Right so going to be hard to make this sound good but cabbage soup ! Several stone needs to be shed !
    Cabbage soup=YUCK!
    I've only noticed now that's there's no thumbs down on boards if there was I would be hitting it myself several times

Good luck with that! Mrs Gloomster swears by Tesco's Healthy Living Soup - Thai Spiced Chicken.

This weeks special in DeliSuz in Dublin 7 is a Taco Wrap. It was so good, I'm slightly useless though now from how good it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

A whopper of a turkey leg and salad! Yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Egg-fried noodles with stir-fried vegetables.

Delicious, and fixed up in und 15 minutes. Eat your heart out, Jamie Oliver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

Tried Slice in Stoneybatter today for the first time and had the brunch special, the "Elvis" breakfast which apparently the man himself had every morning. Homemade peanut butter with banana, bacon and drizzled in honey. Was delicious!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,990 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Omelette with fresh herbs, seranno ham, Coolea cheese.
    Franks hotsauce and green salad.
    :D:D:D

79BP6c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Big bowl of hearty lentil soup with lots of veg. Turned out far, far nicer than expected, I'm delighted with myself! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

Tomato and basil soup with a brown roll with pumpkin seeds. Really glad that I discovered the local shop does such good soups! Also, Mega Meanies...um...to help get over monday.

Brown rice, steamed veggies, soy sauce, chili & some coriander. Warm & filling and I have enough for at least 2 more lunches, that's me sorted until pay day!

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭fastrac

Tesco Polish Hunters sausages,Clonakilty White pudding and floury British Queens with butter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Tuna with a quinoa salad and homemade hummus.

Smoked salmon conchiglie with creme fraiche and peas.

2014-08-26%2013.08.31_zpszsmmswf3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭nompere

A salad consisting of:

A tin of drained razor clams,
    A tin of drained chickpeas,
    Some slices of chorizo,
    Some cherry tomatoes,
    Some slices of red pepper,
    A few sliced mushrooms.
    Dressed with salt, pepper, olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Meatballs! It's ikea day :D

Advertisement